Game Week 2022 - UConn v. #19 Liberty Flames (Senior Day> Saturday 11/12/22 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. #19 Liberty Flames (Senior Day> Saturday 11/12/22 @ Noon on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
The forecast is now calling for the rain to end well before noon! Awesome news!

The forecast 3-4 days in advance probably has a 2-5% chance of being correct. The Weather Channel is horrible on forecasts. We were warned of a freeze last night but we never had a frost and never dipped below 34.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Supposed to be a nasty rainy day. That could seriously work to our advantage being a run first team.

Also bring back the grey uniforms. Those things were my favorite from the Diaco era.

YES! That was a great look.

Reaction Score
The forecast 3-4 days in advance probably has a 2-5% chance of being correct. The Weather Channel is horrible on forecasts. We were warned of a freeze last night but we never had a frost and never dipped below 34.
Maybe so, but wunderground.com has shown the rain ending earlier and earlier every time I've checked over the last couple days. Current forecast is 70° and partly cloudy. A great day to shock the world!!

Reaction Score

-> This weekend is also Senior Day for UConn, which has become even more special given the surprising success this class has helped create.

“It’s amazing. I think about the guys that are going to walk out there and be recognized before the game and just the perseverance and the will they’ve shown through their career,” said Mora. “To go through what they’ve gone through in terms of Covid and before that, really struggling to find success. Then, last year, a coaching change and then this year someone new comes in. A whole new staff and new demands, it’d be really is for those guys at some point to just slump their shoulders and give in and they never did that.

“It’s very impressive. It speaks to their character and it’s what makes them so fun to coach. I say this to you guys every week, I think it’s the most enjoyable group of young men that I’ve ever had the good fortune of coaching and it’s really led by those seniors. If we can keep that culture going here through the years, we’re going to be in a really good place.” <-

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

-> This weekend is also Senior Day for UConn, which has become even more special given the surprising success this class has helped create.

“It’s amazing. I think about the guys that are going to walk out there and be recognized before the game and just the perseverance and the will they’ve shown through their career,” said Mora. “To go through what they’ve gone through in terms of Covid and before that, really struggling to find success. Then, last year, a coaching change and then this year someone new comes in. A whole new staff and new demands, it’d be really is for those guys at some point to just slump their shoulders and give in and they never did that.

“It’s very impressive. It speaks to their character and it’s what makes them so fun to coach. I say this to you guys every week, I think it’s the most enjoyable group of young men that I’ve ever had the good fortune of coaching and it’s really led by those seniors. If we can keep that culture going here through the years, we’re going to be in a really good place.” <-

I am just so glad to have HCJM and not this guy:

"It's the last time they're ever going to put the Connecticut uniform on," Edsall said. "If that doesn't give them enough incentive and enough pride to go out and give it everything that they have ... then they've been stealing from the university for the last four or five years.

"What this university has done for them and the opportunity that it's given them, make sure you go out and show how thankful you are for the opportunity and go out and give it everything you've got
."

Reaction Score
The latest forecast I saw showed rain ending by 10:00am. Hoping so as I would really like to see a big crowd.
They are saying now we could see some nice sunshine in early afternoon.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I am just so glad to have HCJM and not this guy:

"It's the last time they're ever going to put the Connecticut uniform on," Edsall said. "If that doesn't give them enough incentive and enough pride to go out and give it everything that they have ... then they've been stealing from the university for the last four or five years.

"What this university has done for them and the opportunity that it's given them, make sure you go out and show how thankful you are for the opportunity and go out and give it everything you've got
."

Juxtaposition defined.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
100% chance of carrying the goalposts to the Connecticut River if we win.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Any word on who’ll be recognized?

Usually it's the seniors and any underclassmen who plan on graduating and not playing any more games at UConn. Pay attention to the list if they put one out. It's a good indicator of which graduating juniors are done at UConn.

Reaction Score
100% chance of carrying the goalposts to the Connecticut River if we win.
Odds of storming field in an upset ->> high
Odds of carrying the goalposts off ->> very low.

Hydraulic hinged goalposts installed @ the Rent pre-season:

1668050069033.jpeg

Reaction Score
Disappointed that the weather forecast improved. I love going to bad weather games. Some of my best memories are in extreme cold or rain.

Reaction Score
Disappointed that the weather forecast improved. I love going to bad weather games. Some of my best memories are in extreme cold or rain.
Obviously I will not give someone a dislike for your opinion but I am happy for the seniors who have stuck it out through football hell.
I remember being one of only a few left in the stands with Taggart kicking the winning field goal vs South Florida in the freezing rain and snow.
This is different and we need as many in The Dog House to support the team as possible. That and to show the seniors the respect they deserve. We have waited years for a better product on the field, we now have to do the same in the stands and support them.

Going to be a great day to tailgate and take in a game. It's New England, prepare for the moment and adapt should it change. Right now it looks to be a great day for a game.

Reaction Score
Obviously I will not give someone a dislike for your opinion but I am happy for the seniors who have stuck it out through football hell.
I remember being one of only a few left in the stands with Taggart kicking the winning field goal vs South Florida in the freezing rain and snow.
This is different and we need as many in The Dog House to support the team as possible. That and to show the seniors the respect they deserve. We have waited years for a better product on the field, we now have to do the same in the stands and support them.

Going to be a great day to tailgate and take in a game. It's New England, prepare for the moment and adapt should it change. Right now it looks to be a great day for a game.
I am a retired widowed senior. Obviously if my wife was still alive I would hope for nicer weather. But in my opinion it is the younger crowd that doesn't show in bad weather.

Reaction Score
Odds of storming field in an upset ->> high
Odds of carrying the goalposts off ->> very low.

Hydraulic hinged goalposts installed @ the Rent pre-season:

View attachment 80510
We can at least break off the uprights. Apply a little bit of force at the end of that huge moment arm and that thing'll snap like a toothpick!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We can at least break off the uprights. Apply a little bit of force at the end of that huge moment arm and that thing'll snap like a toothpick!
Bring a socket set. If you zoom in on the photo you'll see two bolts fastening the uprights to the support.

Reaction Score

Bring a socket set. If you zoom in on the photo you'll see two bolts fastening the uprights to the support.
This is an example of how handy people are functionally smarter than engineers.

(Unless you're an engineer too, @FfldCntyFan. In that case it's just an example of how you're smarter than me.)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Makes you wonder if Mora and Charlton go with the 6 or 7 linemen sets on first down just to try and get a few positive yards.

I would think any sort of drop back passing, reverses, jet sweeps, etc would be minimized on first down. Taking a negative yardage play on first down against Liberty brings an even higher risk of 3 and out compared to the average.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom