Game Week 2022 - UConn v. #19 Liberty Flames (Senior Day> Saturday 11/12/22 @ Noon on CBSSN) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Game Week 2022 - UConn v. #19 Liberty Flames (Senior Day> Saturday 11/12/22 @ Noon on CBSSN)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Odds of storming field in an upset ->> high
Odds of carrying the goalposts off ->> very low.

Hydraulic hinged goalposts installed @ the Rent pre-season:

View attachment 80510
I can tell you’ve never seen the Amish move sheds and barns.

Where there is a will, there is a way. I just need about 15-20 strong bodied, intoxicated men.

Reaction Score
Obviously I will not give someone a dislike for your opinion but I am happy for the seniors who have stuck it out through football hell.
I remember being one of only a few left in the stands with Taggart kicking the winning field goal vs South Florida in the freezing rain and snow.
This is different and we need as many in The Dog House to support the team as possible. That and to show the seniors the respect they deserve. We have waited years for a better product on the field, we now have to do the same in the stands and support them.

Going to be a great day to tailgate and take in a game. It's New England, prepare for the moment and adapt should it change. Right now it looks to be a great day for a game.
Amen to that, especially about showing some support and thanks to those that will be graduating after so many years of poor coaching made them the butt of jokes about bad football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Where there is a will, there is a way. I just need about 15-20 strong bodied, intoxicated men.
Really, is there anything 15 to 20 strong bodied intoxicated men can’t do? Or at least anything they don’t think that they can do?

For what it’s worth, although I know this is all in fun, the notion of deliberately planning to vandalize your home field seems completely asinine to me. Storm the field? Sure, whatever, it’ll be meaningful to the kids who do it. But “planning“ to tear down your goal post, especially with the inevitable concussion and spinal injuries that happen, just seems like another level of stupid.

Reaction Score
Really, is there anything 15 to 20 strong bodied intoxicated men can’t do? Or at least anything they don’t think that they can do?

For what it’s worth, although I know this is all in fun, the notion of deliberately planning to vandalize your home field seems completely asinine to me. Storm the field? Sure, whatever, it’ll be meaningful to the kids who do it. But “planning“ to tear down your goal post, especially with the inevitable concussion and spinal injuries that happen, just seems like another level of stupid.
Not to mention flesh wounds from ragged metal fractures. Get your tetanus shots, people!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Just like when the light pole went thru the Engineering Building’s windows in 2014, these goalposts will meet their fate!

Reaction Score
I know this is going to be a tough game, however, I am not overly impressed with their schedule/results so far this year. It took them 4 OTs to beat Southern Miss, only beat Akron by 9 and Gardner-Webb by 1. Arkansas is definitely a good win, but other than that, BYU is probably the second best win and they have been floundering. Really think we have a solid shot especially with them losing Hunter for the game.
1668101900326.png

Reaction Score
I know this is going to be a tough game, however, I am not overly impressed with their schedule/results so far this year. It took them 4 OTs to beat Southern Miss, only beat Akron by 9 and Gardner-Webb by 1. Arkansas is definitely a good win, but other than that, BYU is probably the second best win and they have been floundering. Really think we have a solid shot especially with them losing Hunter for the game.
View attachment 80531
The 14 points is a fair line on paper. #19 ranked team, fresh off an SEC road win. If anything, that line is probably at least double a year ago. Liberty seems to play up (or down) to their opponent. That, plus them missing their top two RBs in a potentially rain game has the stars aligning for us. Personally, I feel like this will mimic the Utah State game -- we'll hang around early, maybe lead a bit in the first half and then they'll gradually pull away 2H. I think the final score falls between 7-10, Liberty. With that said, in a one score game -- anything can happen. I'm hoping for a Fresno game instead of a Utah State game...

Reaction Score
All five of them are clearly out of eligibility after this year and are no surprise whatsoever. So we need fourt more names. I believe Swenson and Fitzgerald are also flat out of eligibility, but in this COVID era it’s very hard to keep this straight.

Reaction Score
Battle of the "back up" RB's. Hard to imagine they'll be deeper than us at that position.
Since they're probably going to pass the ball 75 times I'm guessing they're running game doesn't have to be very good.

If we don't get a pass rush it might be a long day.

Reaction Score
All five of them are clearly out of eligibility after this year and are no surprise whatsoever. So we need fourt more names. I believe Swenson and Fitzgerald are also flat out of eligibility, but in this COVID era it’s very hard to keep this straight.
Fitzgerald still has eligibility. Others who are out of eligibility are Zozus, Swenson, Gjinaj (walk on), and most likely Barboza. That brings it to 9. Normally, we would see some R-Jrs at senior day, but maybe not this year.

Reaction Score
Since they're probably going to pass the ball 75 times I'm guessing they're running game doesn't have to be very good.

If we don't get a pass rush it might be a long day.
They average less than 30 pass attempts a game (the most was 37 v. Wake Forest). If the forecasts hold true, it looks like Saturday will be quite blustery I imagine that would impact the passing game.

1668113975074.png

Reaction Score
Yeah, I like how we always hear about the other teams injuries. It is amazing that we have been able to compete to the level we have this year.
Agreed - and at this point our "back ups" are a bit more battle tested at this point than Liberty's. If Houston can give us a big play or two it could be advantage UConn.

Reaction Score
Bring a socket set. If you zoom in on the photo you'll see two bolts fastening the uprights to the support.
Make it a cheap one as they are known to be procured upon entry. ;)
This is an example of how handy people are functionally smarter than engineers.
Ahh yes to be followed by the equally smart attorneys that will file the multiple law suits for the injured or possibly killed. :)
I have seen the Amish and how they work but they are non alcohol. They are also non confrontational but I would put my money on 15-20 of them vs 15-20 drunks all day long to get something done. :D

Reaction Score
Fitzgerald still has eligibility. Others who are out of eligibility are Zozus, Swenson, Gjinaj (walk on), and most likely Barboza. That brings it to 9. Normally, we would see some R-Jrs at senior day, but maybe not this year.
Thank you

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom