Game thread: BE Final [merged] | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Game thread: BE Final [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bad decision making at the end. Seems like Deja Vu. I still support our girls. Great team. But our decision making is . . well . . horrible.

Reaction Score
Is it possible.....I know its hard to fathom that sometimes a team is just better than us. Just think about it.

It seems to me the tables are reversed now. ND is supremely confident that they are going to beat UConn, and UConn seems the more tense team. Also Kelly looked like she wanted to win SO BAD that she forced things a bit at the end.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering why KML didn't call time out, stuck in the corner with the designed play obviously having fell apart.......

Reaction Score
I'm talking about the posters, not the players. If you're talking about the non-PC term for the young women playing the game....:rolleyes: Someone's just looking for an argument.

No, I just commented on your post. Maybe you meant something other than what was written. Your post as written was not flattering to women's basketball. Peace.

Reaction Score
From what I have seen, McBride is the best female player in College Basketball. Her ability to create and consistently make shots is unique and she was by far the best player on the floor tonight.

I agree. But what does that make Geno? Seriously, at least slow her down. Reread my post and answer my question. What adjustments did you see from Geno that made a difference? You are hall of fame coach, not chopped liver.

Reaction Score
It seems to me the tables are reversed now. ND is supremely confident that they are going to beat UConn, and UConn seems the more tense team. Also Kelly looked like she wanted to win SO BAD that she forced things a bit at the end.

I agree

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
I agree. But what does that make Geno? Seriously, at least slow her down. Reread my post and answer my question. What adjustments did you see from Geno that made a difference? You are hall of fame coach, not chopped liver.

So does every coach that coached against Diana suck? Because no one could stop her regardless of the pressure or defense that was put on her....

Reaction Score

Mcbride is awesome, especially against us. Give her credit.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
UConn showed heart to scratch their way back and have a shot at winning.
However, the execution last 18 seconds was an epic fail (as was the end of game execution x3 at ND).
Unfortunately, there is a clear gap between the top two teams in women's basketball and UConn.
Similarly, there is a big gap below UConn. However, in the NCAAs, you don't have to beat a superior team in a series...you just have to beat the given opponent on a given night. It is also psychologically very hard to beat the same opponent four times (reference ND beating UConn 2 years ago in the FF). Best of all, the way the NCAAs are structured this year, if we take care of business and get to the final four, we won't have to beat ND and Baylor as they would meet in the other semi. I would LOVE to get a fourth shot against ND in the finals!

Reaction Score
The lob was designed. No question in my mind. Bria was wide open for a simple inbounds, and Faris ignored her - because that wasn't where the ball was supposed to go. Geno thought he had a great play in his head to catch them by surprise ("they'll never expect this!") and simply overcoached for the situation. That wasn't the time for trickery.

Then the team didn't understand when they got lucky and brought it back out that you can take a deep breath and just hold for one. They were in helter-skelter mode from the get go.

Designed, yes. The first option? I can't agree. Even if it goes in, ND has plenty of time to equalize and even win. With little time, even if we miss we go into overtime. Just can't see Geno making it the #1 option, as you seem to be saying.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
There's no way we're worse than Stanford. Our head to head meeting, we embarrassed them on their home floor

Kait: Don't frustrate yourself battling the trolls. They are frequently in charge of the board for a while after these types of games :cool:

Reaction Score
However, the execution last 18 seconds was an epic fail (as was the end of game execution x3 at ND).
Unfortunately, there is a clear gap between the top two teams in women's basketball and UConn.
Similarly, there is a big gap below UConn. However, in the NCAAs, you don't have to beat a superior team in a series...you just have to beat the given opponent on a given night. It is also psychologically very hard to beat the same opponent four times (reference ND beating UConn 2 years ago in the FF). Best of all, the way the NCAAs are structured this year, if we take care of business and get to the final four, we won't have to beat ND and Baylor as they would meet in th either semi. I would LOVE to get a fourth shot against ND in the finals!

How in Gods name would Baylor and ND meet in 1 semi? They are gonna be the top 2 teams.

Reaction Score
McBride is a great player....not just against us but against everyone. I have nothing but respect for her(I don't like her for kicking our ass but I still respect her, lol)

Reaction Score
There's no way we're worse than Stanford. Our head to head meeting, we embarrassed them on their home floor
Well, it'd be nice if logic ruled in the seedings. But strange things come of the committee room.

Reaction Score
Mcbride is awesome, especially against us. Give her credit.
She is but here is the crazy thing: every game I saw McBride on TV againsy any other team, she was ok...a good solid player but nothing outstanding. However, when she playes against UConn she is All World...I don"t get it

Reaction Score
Similarly, there is a big gap below UConn. However, in the NCAAs, you don't have to beat a superior team in a series...you just have to beat the given opponent on a given night. It is also psychologically very hard to beat the same opponent four times (reference ND beating UConn 2 years ago in the FF). Best of all, the way the NCAAs are structured this year, if we take care of business and get to the final four, we won't have to beat ND and Baylor as they would meet in th either semi. I would LOVE to get a fourth shot against ND in the finals!

A clear gap...? Three games that were separated by three total points at the end of regulation...what're you using to measure that gap...a micrometer? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

What makes you think Baylor will be put opposite ND in the semis? Creme's bracketology?
I suspect there'll be some juggling, pitting us against either ND or Baylor in the semis.

Reaction Score
So does every coach that coached against Diana suck? Because no one could stop her regardless of the pressure or defense that was put on her....
What are you talking about? I did not say anything like that. Firstly not every coach has Geno's credentials. Second, answer the question and stop with the strawman; what adjustments did you see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom