Game thread: BE Final [merged] | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Game thread: BE Final [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Name calling. Insults. Personal attacks. Over girls playing basketball - really? Grow up.

Reaction Score
Nice quarterback coaching

Quarterback? There was a week of coaching that Geno had to put something together to defend her. A box and one, double team, put another player on her (besides KML... I wanted Stewart), whatever. What kind of adjustment did you see today on McBride? ..... I thought so.

ps. I am not picking on any specific play, so there is no quarterbacking involved.

Reaction Score
Is it possible.....I know its hard to fathom that sometimes a team is just better than us. Just think about it.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
No, if you knew anything about basketball, you would have been able to see that that pass was a result of the inbounder thinking the play broke down. Someone was wide open right in front of the inbounder and she decided to throw a lob pass. But thanks for showing your true lack of knowledge

There are such things as primary and secondary options on plays, and I thought she had a screen set for her (would have to see the replay)

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
There are such things as primary and secondary options on plays, and I thought she had a screen set for her (would have to see the replay)

You honestly think, with 18 seconds and no shot clock, that that was even an option? A lob pass for a layup? Which would leave 16 seconds? I can't see, in my 20 years of watching UConn basketball, Geno EVER calling that play

Reaction Score
I'm wrong in saying the lob pass wasn't a designed play?

That's not the play with with 2 timeouts left. The coaching staff has to let the girls know. Geno could and should have called a time when we were hung out on the baseline. He made the same mistake the last game when Caroline was hung up and them he blamed Caroline.

And when skylar stole the ball we had a foul to give. These girls are smart they are doing what they are told.

Reaction Score
It was a designed play.

It was designed play, but I am sure it was not the first option. The players failed to execute whatever was drawn up. Geno gets a pass on that play and all plays. Where Geno does not get a pass is in putting together a strategy for stopping McBride.

Reaction Score
Name calling. Insults. Personal attacks. Over girls playing basketball - really? Grow up.

Thank you Nan.

It's sad how we call ourselves fans of this team. If we're this mad think about how our players feel

Reaction Score
The lob was designed. No question in my mind. Bria was wide open for a simple inbounds, and Faris ignored her - because that wasn't where the ball was supposed to go. Geno thought he had a great play in his head to catch them by surprise ("they'll never expect this!") and simply overcoached for the situation. That wasn't the time for trickery.

Then the team didn't understand when they got lucky and brought it back out that you can take a deep breath and just hold for one. They were in helter-skelter mode from the get go.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
That's not the play with with 2 timeouts left. The coaching staff has to let the girls know. Geno could and should have called a time when we were hung out on the baseline. He made the same mistake the last game when Caroline was hung up and them he blamed Caroline.

And when skylar stole the ball we had a foul to give. These girls are smart they are doing what they are told.

There's no way that was a designed play. Period. If a reporter asks Geno and he says it was, I'll never post here again

Reaction Score

Girls basketball, really? If it was a men's game it would be ok? Why don't we ask the girls how they feel?

Reaction Score
It was designed play, but I am sure it was not the first option. The players failed to execute whatever was drawn up. Geno gets a pass on that play and all plays. Where Geno does not get a pass is in putting together a strategy for stopping McBride.

Yea, like how about we don't put our worst defender on her for the majority of the game.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
The lob was designed. No question in my mind. Bria was wide open for a simple inbounds, and Faris ignored her - because that wasn't where the ball was supposed to go. Geno thought he had a great play in his head to catch them by surprise ("they'll never expect this!") and simply overcoached for the situation. That wasn't the time for trickery.

Then the team didn't understand when they got lucky and brought it back out that you can take a deep breath and just hold for one. They were in helter-skelter mode from the get go.

I cannot see that being a designed play. There is NO DOUBT, even if that went in, that Notre Dame wouldn't have scored again to tie or take the lead. Leaving 16 seconds on the clock makes zero sense

Reaction Score
I was prepared for this outcome. I'm pleased they overcame the 1/2time 9 point deficit and made it yet another nail biter. ND has talent equal to uconn's and a 1st team AA player. They're tough and so are we.

I suppose the bracket will require a semi final matchup as there's no way Baylor will be put in NDs path before the NC game. Or, if not that, we get Baylor in the semis. Either way, Uconn has to be more equal than ND in the next game.

All hands on deck.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
So McBride burns us the last time we played. You are a coach with talented players, and you can't figure out how to stop her the second time around. Sorry but something is wrong...
From what I have seen, McBride is the best female player in College Basketball. Her ability to create and consistently make shots is unique and she was by far the best player on the floor tonight.

Reaction Score
I cannot see that being a designed play. There is NO DOUBT, even if that went in, that Notre Dame wouldn't have scored again to tie or take the lead. Leaving 16 seconds on the clock makes zero sense

That's why it was such a bad call by Geno.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Can't blame the foul shot disparity this time. Uconn was 0-5 from 3 pt. on its home court.

Reaction Score

Not sure how you stop mcbride. Last game we tried Kelly, she is as good or better than diggins. I was thinking a 3 2 zone but its not something they practice.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Girls basketball, really? If it was a men's game it would be ok? Why don't we ask the girls how they feel?
I'm talking about the posters, not the players. If you're talking about the non-PC term for the young women playing the game....:rolleyes: Someone's just looking for an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom