Game of Thrones Season 8 | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Game of Thrones Season 8

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The Valonqar Prophecy says: When your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”

George R.R. Martin says ‘Valonqar’ means ‘younger sibling’, which could be either her twin brother Jaime (born after her) or Tyrion, whose relationship with Cersei is already toxic.

As last night played out, Jamie (her younger sibling) had his hands "around her throat" as she was crying and the crumbling stone choked the life out of her. So, you could say, that's exactly what happened. And, Jamie's hand placement isn't a coincidence.
giphy.gif

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Come on. She stayed in Mereen an extra season just to make sure slaves were not re-enslaved after she left. She set aside her ambitions to do the right thing for others. Why are people just pretending seven seasons of do-gooderism away to defend trash story writing?

Did she though? She left a spurned lover former merc in charge with the Second Sons. I'm fairly certain the former slaves of Mereen aren't doing so hot at the moment.

From the moment she left Essos she's been rather prickly and entitled. Blame Varys, the Sand snakes and the Queen of thorns for corrupting her if you wish but she was all about conquering the minute she hit Westeros.

She had to be convinced to help Jon Snow and had no time for the North's desire for self rule.

Reaction Score
Come on. She stayed in Mereen an extra season just to make sure slaves were not re-enslaved after she left. She set aside her ambitions to do the right thing for others. Why are people just pretending seven seasons of do-gooderism away to defend trash story writing?

Oh, I think that along the way, she had intent of doing everything for the right reasons.....but over time, that was much harder than she thought. And when things started crumbling, she veered right towards her bloodline.

Reaction Score
Loving the ADub "This show is garbage" schtick here. Way to get out in front of the inevitable Sansa winning end result. Well played to fend off most of the noobs.

August_West

Reaction Score
Loving the ADub "This show is garbage" schtick here. Way to get out in front of the inevitable Sansa winning end result. Well played to fend off most of the noobs.

The season itself is at 71%, critic rating but dropping each episode. The last episode was 47% critic score. Both are the lowest of the series (this is the first season under 90%). So that tells you it’s more than just disappointed fanboys as waylon claims, or that Im trying to get ahead of Sansa as you claim.

Empirically it sucks,

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
The season itself is at 71%, critic rating but dropping each episode. The last episode was 47% critic score. Both are the lowest of the series (this is the first season under 90%). So that tells you it’s more than just disappointed fanboys as waylon claims, or that Im trying to get ahead of Sansa as you claim.

Empirically it sucks,

tenor.gif

Those results are from the unwashed masses. Condensing the last 2 seasons into 7 and 6 episodes came with risks (time jumps, lesser character development, etc). They've foreshadowed last week since Season 2. If you didn't see it coming, you're a fool.

The showrunners, after a pretty "happy" first 4 episodes went back to their dark roots and burned the women and children alive. And I cheered the entire time.

Reaction Score

This exactly. It can't be that West will have been wrong if Sansa wins in the end. it can only be that Sansa only won because the show started sucking. (I don't believe it's sucked at all. It is clearly too crammed in in terms of the pace, and it would have benefitted from one if not two additional years, but I'm fine with both the story line and the episodes).

Gee -- if he's wrong it will only be cause others screwed up. Who does that remind you of August?

August_West

Reaction Score
This exactly. It can't be that West will have been wrong if Sansa wins in the end. it can only be that Sansa only won because the show started sucking. (I don't believe it's sucked at all. It is clearly too crammed in in terms of the pace, and it would have benefitted from one if not two additional years, but I'm fine with both the story line and the episodes).

Gee -- if he's wrong it will only be cause others screwed up. Who does that remind you of August?

Reaction Score

So if Sansa and Tyrion end up ruling together, you will simply admit you were 180 degrees wrong and not blame it on the writers?

Reaction Score
There is this fervor amongst disenchanted fans to prove to everyone that this show is terrible, which I am unfortunately a part of. We are jaded and being unfair. It is totally o.k. to think GOT remains awesome. Afterall, Jeff Dunham made like 20 million dollars last year so some people are just easily amused.

Reaction Score
Those results are from the unwashed masses. Condensing the last 2 seasons into 7 and 6 episodes came with risks (time jumps, lesser character development, etc).
And the risks materialized. The character development sucked. The unwashed masses = the wisdom of crowds.

Reaction Score

This is why we call him #Malpractice.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There are a lot of fanboys who are really upset because there won't be a royal wedding in the final episode, after which Jon and Dany live happily ever after. This is a lot like the fanboys who are still upset that there wasn't a killing in the final scene of the Sopranos. The fanboys need to get over it, and someday they will appreciate that Weiss and Beniof made the show immeasurably better by NOT having the royal wedding.

Reaction Score
And the risks materialized. The character development sucked. The unwashed masses = the wisdom of crowds.

Yeah, the same crowds that think Avengers: Endgame is "awesome".

August_West

Reaction Score
LOL
they will exceed the goal by the time you read this

Sign the Petition

Deepster and CorporateAtty won't sign this because dumb Sansa is still alive, so it blinds them from the malpractice that is the scripts and storyboards of this hot mess,

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Here's something floatwd by the intertubes today...

Gendry claims the throne. Goes like this.

In rerun of Robert's rebellion...

King (Queen) goes mad...
Attacks/kills Starks...
Starks/Baratheons rebel...
Lannister backstabs King (Queen)
Baratheon on the Throne because Stark doesn't want it.

Would this redeem the season?

Reaction Score
Deepster and CorporateAtty won't sign this because dumb Sansa is still alive, so it blinds them from the malpractice that is the scripts and storyboards of this hot mess,

How utterly inconsequential and trivial does one's life have to be to sign a petition telling producers of a television show how you would like them to change it?

August_West

Reaction Score
How utterly inconsequential and trivial does one's life have to be to sign a petition telling producers of a television show how you would like them to change it?

seems that 2/3rds of a million would and rising

August_West

Reaction Score
I'm sure it will end up at more than that. What's your point? I made mine.

make a petition seeing how many people like Sansa Stark.

You and deepster can only sign once.

So I imagine that goes as high as 4 people signing.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Golden Company: No one is more useless than us

Cersei's Queensguard (less Clegane): Hold our beers

Reaction Score
Golden Company: No one is more useless than us

Cersei's Queensguard (less Clegane): Hold our beers

Where was the queen/kings guard? Do they not exist anymore? WTF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online