Gabby (Migraine) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gabby (Migraine)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Let's hope it doesn't happen again. That's tough for her to have to deal with. You never know when you're gonna get hit with one.

Reaction Score
Said it's something she's been struggling with and havent been able to figure out triggers.
But it affects her play, as one would expect.
My trigger is bright lights and sudden movement. Could she wear some sort of goggles with tinting?

Reaction Score
Seems harsh to me also. This was ND it wasn't a AAC game where Geno benched Stewie and Co. Maybe some of the other BYers can provide an example where a Sue Bird or DT was benched against a top 5 team.

There are 2 ways Gabby can respond to this. Lets hope Geno knows how she will.

It’s up to Gabby how she responds, not Geno. If she Responds poorly she’ll remain on the bench. Problem solved. Also, Gabby Williams is not DT or Sue Bird.

Reaction Score
A highly likely candidate may well be her diet. For reasons I don't understand, a large fraction of migraines are related to digestion, and I wonder about her recent embrace of a vegetarian diet. I observe that she didn't have these issues in prior years.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My trigger is bright lights and sudden movement. Could she wear some sort of goggles with tinting?

Botox. But it can only be prescribed for those with lots of migraines a month and it is not without risk.

Reaction Score
If you go to the "box score" thread and then press recap, the writer notes that Gabby has been dealing with migraines all week.

Ok, then she shouldn’t have been playing at all because she was hurting the team by being on the floor.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Magnesium chloride baths

Similar to old fashioned Epsom salts (Mg sulfate) but more effective and better absorption. Not a 100% sure-fire"cure" by any means but it can help many folks with chronic migraines. Most of us can use more Mg anyway.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Magnesium chloride baths

Similar to old fashioned Epsom salts (Mg sulfate) but more effective and better absorption. Not a 100% sure-fire"cure" by any means but it can help many folks with chronic migraines. Most of us can use more Mg anyway.
When I worked in a medical institution we also gave Mg supplements for migraines.

Reaction Score
Ok, then she shouldn’t have been playing at all because she was hurting the team by being on the floor.

Really???? The kid tried to give it a go & turned out she couldn't up to the standards she has set. I give her credit for trying. She didn't hurt the team anymore than anyone else the way the game played out for a while. She's earned the opportunity to give it a go if cleared by the medical staff.

Reaction Score
One trigger for migraines can be hormonal changes. A definite possibility for a young woman of Gabby's age. For some, birth control pills help. For others (me) they are a trigger!

Reaction Score
Those boneyarders that opined based on the assumption she was in the doghouse owe her an apology

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
From the chateau bow wow to the chateau ow ow in just a few short threads.

Reaction Score
Damn! I was hoping that her earlier headaches were a one-time thing.
I'm told there are "shots' to relieve those headaches. Mine came when I was in a comfortable environment--stress was not a trigger. I lost quite a few weekends with them. Light, once the headache started, and noise were unbearable.

Reaction Score
Really???? The kid tried to give it a go & turned out she couldn't up to the standards she has set. I give her credit for trying. She didn't hurt the team anymore than anyone else the way the game played out for a while. She's earned the opportunity to give it a go if cleared by the medical staff.
You’re correct, Geno made a mistake and left her in the game 1 quarter to long . After the first quarter he should have been able to tell the migraine was too much for her to over come. She needs to get better and come back when healthy. A lot o kids get migraines these days because they spend to much time looking at computer screens and cell phones.

Reaction Score
I know folks mean well, but if there were an obvious answer to her migraines she would have already done it.
So I highly highly doubt it's triggered by bright lights or an easily discernible food.

As a former suffer, who examined every thing to be read on the subject---chocolate is well reported as a trigger, but not for me. ONCE started, not a trigger, light and the brighter was more and more unbearable. The above was and is given to sufferers; not hearsay or witch doctor promises, from Uconn medical facility, Institute of mental Health in Hartford, FACTS, not supposition--as well as they could provide--When they are bad enough and often enough--straws seem awfully good. But unless you are a sufferer, you may not know.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Gabby has looked to me like she has been in pain all season. Very few smiles, even when she's playing well. I suspect that her migraines have persisted all season and she's trying to play through them because her heart is bigger than the state of Nevada.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom