Gabby (Migraine) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Gabby (Migraine)

Reaction Score
As a former suffer, who examined every thing to be read on the subject---chocolate is well reported as a trigger, but not for me. ONCE started, not a trigger, light and the brighter was more and more unbearable. The above was and is given to sufferers; not hearsay or witch doctor promises, from Uconn medical facility, Institute of mental Health in Hartford, FACTS, not supposition--as well as they could provide--When they are bad enough and often enough--straws seem awfully good. But unless you are a sufferer, you may not know.

I'm not saying she shouldn't investigate every avenue. I just think it's pretty ludicrous that folks seems to think that neither she nor her medical staff has been exploring every option ALREADY. If there were an easy answer, they would have found it. So saying "she could get a shot" is, um, kind of insulting.

Reaction Score
Anybody at the game see anything to add to why Geno benched Gabby? I saw a terrible pass and some poor defense. But to bench her for the entire 2nd half? Strong.

How can he not start Z after the way she is playing? I suspect Gabby comes off the bench now. Thoughts?

If you revisit The Who should start thread from pre season I brought up an interesting point If Z was as great as advertised and Danger indeed has made that huge leap( as Geno was eluding too) then gabby may sit. Well you saw it here, not so stupid. I do expect gabby starting again. I think Geno was sending her a message. Even if your a senior and playing in the biggest regular season game and we're down double digits he can still sit u! Classic Geno.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If you revisit The Who should start thread from pre season I brought up an interesting point If Z was as great as advertised and Danger indeed has made that huge leap( as Geno was eluding too) then gabby may sit. Well you saw it here, not so stupid. I do expect gabby starting again. I think Geno was sending her a message. Even if your a senior and playing in the biggest regular season game and we're down double digits he can still sit u! Classic Geno.
JG, catch up with the thread. Gabby was suffering from a severe migraine. That's why she sat.

Reaction Score
My trigger is bright lights and sudden movement. Could she wear some sort of goggles with tinting?

Just really hope that she gets well. A concussion, then a series of migraines. Really hope she gets better soon. Basketball is secondary. And really hope that it's nothing serious.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Your very rude. The kid had a migraine.

+++++ Lots of bleacher coaches skewering either Geno or Gabby purely by speculating about the causes without clear knowledge. Certainly, players deserve better from bleacher critics.

Reaction Score
Just really hope that she gets well. A concussion, then a series of migraines. Really hope she gets better soon. Basketball is secondary. And really hope that it's nothing serious.
Gabby had a concussion? When?

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
I did not know she had a migrane. ESPN did not say anything, and posts up until mine mentioned nothing.

Whole different story line. Gabby was medically unfit to play. So there is no drama.

Only the drama created by fans rushing to unfounded judgments.

Reaction Score
How about Lou pulling a Willis reed at the end of the game. Any update there?

I would guess it is simply that she is a very good FT shooter and had been medically cleared to play. The reason she left the game (twisted ankle) was completely unrelated to the foot injury of a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
I would guess it is simply that she is a very good FT shooter and had been medically cleared to play. The reason she left the game (twisted ankle) was completely unrelated to the foot injury of a few weeks ago.

Thank god. Good report.
She was so mad/upset and or in pain when she was in the tunnel. Looked like she was near tears. Hope she's ok.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I think Rebecca Lobo owes Gabby and apology and probably should do so on national TV. She said Geno benched her and was sending her a message and then the camera would focus on Gabby sitting on the bench . . . with a migraine. I think Rebecca will do the right thing.

Reaction Score
Sitting a senior during the biggest game of the year, is very harsh. Gabby most likely will never get the opportunity to play ND again.
The kids are only there for only 4 years, so to take something that away from a great player was very un-fair
Gabby usually steps up as needed. Not sure of the logic putting an unproven frosh in at end of game (even though Walker did ok). Understand Geno was sending a message but seems harsh to treat a senior this way. At this point in her career, does she need this "message?"

Reaction Score
Botox. But it can only be prescribed for those with lots of migraines a month and it is not without risk.
as a long time migraine patient, botox NOT way to go. Was that a joke?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Gabby usually steps up as needed. Not sure of the logic putting an unproven frosh in at end of game (even though Walker did ok). Understand Geno was sending a message but seems harsh to treat a senior this way. At this point in her career, does she need this "message?"

He wasn't sending a message. Gabby was suffering from a migraine. She offered to play in the 2nd half and Geno said no, she wasn't up to playing.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Now you took the trouble to read this thread up to that point, why not continue on and notice all the comments about Gabby's migraines issues. It was not about sending a message that she was on that bench.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
https://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/stories/medical-uses-botox-have-nothing-do-wrinkles
From the Mother Nature Network

Chronic migraines.
The FDA approved Botox to treat chronic migraines in adults in 2010 and said the injections were shown to be effective at migraine prevention. Migraines are characterized by intense pulsing or throbbing pain in one area of the head and may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting and sensitivity to light and sound

“Chronic migraine is one of the most disabling forms of headache,” Russell Katz, M.D., director of the Division of Neurology Products in the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, said in a press release. “Patients with chronic migraine experience a headache more than 14 days of the month. This condition can greatly affect family, work, and social life, so it is important to have a variety of effective treatment options available.”

For chronic migraines, Botox is injected every 12 weeks around the head and neck. One caveat: It has not been shown to work for treating migraines that occur 14 days or less per month, or for other forms of headache.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

It's not likely a joke as there an awful lot of articles about Botox treatments for headaches. I have no idea how good they are (Perhaps varies widely by individual as other medicines do), but there is certainly a huge amount of literature about it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

No joke:

"In a study of adults who get chronic migraine headaches, shots of Botox cut down the total number of days they had them or even other types of headaches. They also had more "crystal-clear" -- pain-free -- days each month, and they reported fewer days off work.

In another study, nearly half the people who took two rounds of Botox shots reported that the number of days they had a headache each month was cut in half. After five rounds of treatment, that increased to about 70% of the people.

Doctors think Botox works for migraine headaches because it blocks chemicals called neurotransmitters that carry pain signals from your brain. Botox is like a roadblock in that pathway. It stops the chemicals before they get to the nerve endings around your head and neck."

Botox for Migraines: How It Works, Who Should Try It

FDA approved. Lots of literature. I have a daughter using it with great success.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom