From Lou to Eternity: The Monumental Recruiting Topic Drift Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

From Lou to Eternity: The Monumental Recruiting Topic Drift Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So in 2015, the roster could include:
Morgan Tuck
Breanna Stewart
Moriah Jefferson
Katie Lou Samuelson
Napheesa Collier
De'Janae Boykin
Gabby Williams
Sadie Edwards
Kiah Nurse
Courtney Ekmark
Natalie Butler
Tierney Lawlor
Brianna Pulido
Saniya Chong

OH MY!

Reaction Score
this gonna be a a hard to beat UCONN team .....another NC contender....Im just loving it....GO UCONN....

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Once again, the Law of Unintended Consequences kicks in. The Samuelson commit abruptly swept all speculation about Butler's future as an AA/WNBA completely off the board.

Accomplished in two tweets what Nan the Mod was unable to achieve by multiple persuasive posts.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
My God,

After passing out early yesterday, I have just awoken to the most amazing news.

It's not every year that UConn gets the national #1 high school player. It's happened in 1994, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2007, 2008 (damn it!), 2011, and 2012. Other than EDD in 2008, in all of those years, the national #1 took home at least one NC. KLS could easily get one her freshman year.

I am amazed by how good this class is. And I'm so happy Stewie will have such a great squad around her in her last year. Breanna's given this program everything we hoped she would so far. She will want to go out a champ, and she'll be surrounded by a group that features STELLAR recruiting in 2014 and 2015.

Personally, I cannot wait to see the KLS equivalent of KML's freshman breakout game. Remember November 2011, when KML came off the bench and unloaded on Stanford and showed everyone why she's the next great UConn Husky? KLS will have a game like that too.

Look, Stanford sells itself. But UConn's nine NCs, seven consecutive trips to the final four, 11 alumnae on WNBA rosters, six 2012 Olympians (fully half of Team USA), and any number of alumnae enjoying great professional success- well, that sells itself, too. You can never fault a kid for choosing either school. But today, I damn sure am rejoicing her selection of UConn.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm going to make a few assumptions:

First, everyone who has committed actually shows up and sticks around. I'm not worried about this, despite the incredible accumulation of talent.

Second, I assume --and certainly hope--for good health. Of course, having loads of talent is a great insurance policy in case a player or two are out for the season or even a few key games.

Third, I assume that my guess at the 2015-16 starting lineup is correct (obviously it's debatable). Stewie and Moriah are locks. Morgan should be a lock. I'm putting Natalie at the starting center position, because she's the only true 5 and I think she'll be ready. At the other guard slot, I'm going with Kia Nurse based on her overall game and international success.

Ok, these are the players who come off the bench, in no particular order:

Lou and her stellar shooting.

Napheesa with her length wreaking havoc.

Gabby playing like Nykesha and Jewell.

De'Janae the human pogo stick.

Courtney nailing 3-pointers.

Saniya hitting treys and driving to the hoop.

Sadie orchestrating it all.

That's SEVEN quality players. Plus there's the possibility of Asia, Kalani, Arike, and/or Batouly.

Realistically, based on our experience and these numbers, a player or two may not be ready for prime time, but I'll be damned if any of these kids looks like the one. So that leads me to two thoughts:

First, we will be so deep that playing aggressive man-to-man or pressing other teams will be no problem. Second, the back-ups will want to show their mettle. I see little letdown in the second half, which results in the margin of victory record from 2002 being surpassed.

Fan: "You're up by 50. Put in your reserves."

Geno: "These are my reserves."

Fan: Silence.

I need some eye black to go with my Maui Jim's. :)

Reaction Score
And the excitement just continues to build...not sure how much more of this I can take...but I think I can handle a bit more.

In my mind I am hearing a chorus of "LOUUUUU" from the Gampel And XL faithful.

Welcome to the center of the basketball universe Katie Lou!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
In that video highlight posted on the first page, there is a 3 KLS takes coming off a screen that except for her hight reminds me of another SoCal Husky from a decade ago. Not saying she is going to be DT, but the ability to get an effortless three off so quickly while turning in the middle of the move is pretty reminiscent. And she definitely looks to have a pretty strong interior game as well. I think again, an unfair comparison but ... the mixture of great shooting and interior game at a young age reminds me a bit of Maya.

So ... Durr, Brown, Ogunbowale each have offers I believe in the class of 2015 (though Nan doesn't have the last listed.) Durr appears to be wide open, various rumors and a general lack of info have suggested that Brown may be intending to stay in the south, but interestingly Ogunbowale's three 3x3 teammates have all committed to Uconn this spring. I do wonder if Geno would withdraw any of the offers outstanding if he gets further verbals? They are all outstanding players, but how large a class does he want in 2015?

Reaction Score
So in 2015, the roster could include:
Morgan Tuck
Breanna Stewart
Moriah Jefferson
Katie Lou Samuelson
Napheesa Collier
De'Janae Boykin
Gabby Williams
Sadie Edwards
Kia Nurse
Courtney Ekmark
Natalie Butler
Tierney Lawlor
Brianna Pulido
Saniya Chong

OH MY!
Murderers Row!!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
WOW!!! WOW!!! and WOW! Here we go UCONN...Here we go!!! Here we go UCONN ...Here we go.:cool::p:rolleyes::rolleyes::):):):):p:D:)!!!!!
She looks like a heck of a player. Someone else mentioned McBride as a comparison which I see a lot of in this highlight film. Her release reminds me a bit of Katie Smith's, so effortless and smooth. I thought UCONN wouldn't be as difficult to match up with in 2015-16 with Stokes/KML gone, but a starting 5 of:
C-Butler
F-Stewart
F-KLS
G-Williams/Nurse/Chong
G-Jefferson
Bench:
Tuck
Boykin
Collier
Anyone else I'm missing

...that's a pretty loaded lineup with three top 2 recruits, 5+ top 10, and several other top 25 ones.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She looks like a heck of a player. Someone else mentioned McBride as a comparison which I see a lot of in this highlight film. Her release reminds me a bit of Katie Smith's, so effortless and smooth. I thought UCONN wouldn't be as difficult to match up with in 2015-16 with Stokes/KML gone, but a starting 5 of:
C-Butler
F-Stewart
F-KLS
G-Williams/Nurse/Chong
G-Jefferson
Bench:
Tuck
Boykin
Collier
Anyone else I'm missing

...that's a pretty loaded lineup with three top 2 recruits, 5+ top 10, and several other top 25 ones.
Yep Ekmark and Edwards. And I doubt Tuck, as a Jr, will be starting on the bench. (unless she still has injury problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom