From Lou to Eternity: The Monumental Recruiting Topic Drift Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

From Lou to Eternity: The Monumental Recruiting Topic Drift Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Story by Carl Adamec: http://snyuconn.com/uconn/report-mater-deis-samuelson-selects-uconn/

“She’s very excited,” Samuelson’s father, Jon, said. “She and Coach Geno (Auriemma) built a great relationship and I think that she just really wanted to play for him.”

Katie Lou Samuelson chose UConn over Stanford (where her older sisters Bonnie and Karlie play), Notre Dame, UCLA, and Kentucky.

Mater Dei is also the alma mater of UConn All-American junior Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis.

“Katie Lou had a great visit at UConn this spring and just loved it,” Mater Dei coach Kevin Kiernan said. “She wants to be the best and she feels UConn and Coach Auriemma can help her achieve that. Awesome day for her and her family. We are all very happy for her here at Mater Dei!”

I guess when she said she had a great visit she meant.

Reaction Score
When was the last time a player had STanford as a finalist and picked UConn?
There aren't many such cases.

Reaction Score
C'mon I even threw a winking face in there!

But seriously...KLS is the one player I wanted most from this recruiting class for ND. This pushes UConn's class from great to otherworldly. With this class it seems safe to say that UConn's dynasty will continue at least four more years...it's only natural for opposing fans to be grasping at straws.

Nonetheless, congrats to y'all. You are going to have great basketball to watch for years to come.
Me too. If UConn doesn't get another recruit in this class, that is plenty good enough.
So in 2015, the roster could include:
Morgan Tuck
Breanna Stewart
Moriah Jefferson
Katie Lou Samuelson
Napheesa Collier
De'Janae Boykin
Gabby Williams
Sadie Edwards
Kiah Nurse
Courtney Ekmark
Natalie Butler
Tierney Lawlor
Brianna Pulido
Saniya Chong

OH MY!
On paper you have to look at that line up and just laugh, because that is what a ridiculously loaded, really unfair, team looks like. Thin at the post? There are at least 3-4 kids in that list that are at least 6' 3". That kind of talent with UConn's coaching staff... maybe some of you are on to something with that breaking the 90 game streak. The second team while they'd be a little young, would be a top 10 team, and there's almost enough players to make a 3rd team which is crazy to consider when they played 5 + Stokes most of this season.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Hot diggety !!!!
damn damn damn (in my Florida Evans voice)
images

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
So in 2015, the roster could include:
Morgan Tuck
Breanna Stewart
Moriah Jefferson
Katie Lou Samuelson
Napheesa Collier
De'Janae Boykin
Gabby Williams
Sadie Edwards
Kiah Nurse
Courtney Ekmark
Natalie Butler
Tierney Lawlor
Brianna Pulido
Saniya Chong

OH MY!
We may end up with as many all Americans as Duke usually has!!!! :)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
BTW, it seems that logging on to the BY has replaced bedtime prayers. I guess when your prayers have been answered, the BY is the place to find out about it

In a related story, 302 D1 women's hoops head coaches just resigned and are going into the more rewarding field of second hand typewriter sales. Only Muffett McGraw remains because she still has a few favors to do for downtrodden UConn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You wanted size?

6'3 Collier
6'2 Boykin
6'4 Butler
6'3 KLS

Check.
As another postet noted, Butler is 6'5". In addition, Collier is 6'1". But Napheesa has a long wingspan and plays big. Those are the standard heights for Lou and DJB.

Definitely good size! All are double-digit rebounders.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
BTW, it seems that logging on to the BY has replaced bedtime prayers. I guess when your prayers have been answered, the BY is the place to find out about it

In a related story, 302 D1 women's hoops head coaches just resigned and are going into the more rewarding field of second hand typewriter sales. Only Muffett McGraw remains because she still has a few favors to do for downtrodden UConn.
Gd point- it must have been the N Dame Home & Home that pushed them all over the top!!!!! Thanks Muppet!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Welcome, Lou! I hope to see a Mater Dei game next year (though I live 2,500 miles away).

HuskyNation looks forward to following you and supporting you during your playing career--at Mater Dei, at UConn, and beyond.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I would if I could

You can. Click on your thread. Above the top right corner of your post is a drop down box called 'Thread Tools'. In the drop down, select Edit Title.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Holy COW!
Katie Lou is #1
Naphessa is #5
De'Janae is #10

We are recruiting
Asia Durr who is #2
and Kalani Brown who is #9.

Could you imagine if we had verbals from both of those players. 5 players in the top 10!!!!

6'1", 6'2", and 6'3". I am so happy!!!!
Geno said they could get half of the top 10! :)

I think Ogunbowale may still be in play too. She's playing with our 3 recruits in the 3-on-3 this summer.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Story by Carl Adamec: http://snyuconn.com/uconn/report-mater-deis-samuelson-selects-uconn/

“She’s very excited,” Samuelson’s father, Jon, said. “She and Coach Geno (Auriemma) built a great relationship and I think that she just really wanted to play for him.”

Katie Lou Samuelson chose UConn over Stanford (where her older sisters Bonnie and Karlie play), Notre Dame, UCLA, and Kentucky.

Mater Dei is also the alma mater of UConn All-American junior Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis.

“Katie Lou had a great visit at UConn this spring and just loved it,” Mater Dei coach Kevin Kiernan said. “She wants to be the best and she feels UConn and Coach Auriemma can help her achieve that. Awesome day for her and her family. We are all very happy for her here at Mater Dei!”

I guess when she said she had a great visit she meant.
When people hang out with Kaleena, they become charmed and persuaded by her. Nice job!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Well this has been quite a day for UConn basketball- we lock up KO for a while and we land KLS!!!! That is what I call a very big day!!!!!!! Go Huskies- let the games begin. 40 minute full court presses could be our signature in 2015!!! Just to make sure everyone breaks a sweat!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Geno had alluded to the fact that he was really happy and excited that he was going to land quite a recruiting class this past season. He looked like the cat that had swallowed 3-4 canaries when asked about recruiting earlier in the year! He can now chirp a little!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom