From Lou to Eternity: The Monumental Recruiting Topic Drift Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

From Lou to Eternity: The Monumental Recruiting Topic Drift Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When was the last time a player had STanford as a finalist and picked UConn?
There aren't many such cases.

If memory serves, SUE BIRD. So that would be 1998.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
late night article from John A

I never heard Karlie or Bonnie say they wanted to be the best in the country, but I've heard Lou say that. She knows she has ability, and she doesn't want it to go to waste." (AAU Coach Davis)

it wont go to waste at UConn that's for sure...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wonder now THE SUMMITT will say how Geno moved her family to Greenwich, CT in a $million house, and got Katie Lou a Rolls Royce! They must be slitting their wrists in Orange country!!!!
Actually, they are fairly busy throwing up in their collective laps, thinking that even if they land Deshields and Cooper that they will have the talent to challenge UCONN. It's kinda cute, really.

So we have KML, and now we land KLS. Just unreal. Milford and I chatted about it tonight - I need to get with OChoops and see about taking a trip up to Santa Ana to see her play. I used to be able to get to see Charde fairly often because she was in SD, but I never made it up to see KML.

It's awfully hard not to be over the moon about the class Geno is assembling. First, Ekmark, Edwards, Williams, Nurse and Butler. Then Collier, Boykin and Samuelson. Just an unreal amount of talent in 2 consecutive classes. Where does Geno go from here? Holy smokes. Let's get Durr and call it a day!!

Reaction Score
Wow...congrats you all!!! I can only imagine the team Geno will put on the floor in 2015!!! Very jealous right now ! :-/ lol KLS and Ekmark could easily go 1-2 in the country in 3 point field goal %...this class is simply amazing right now....hats off...Ms. Durr...your turn young lady....Tenn hopefully...it'll only be fair lol

T

TroyHouse66

ezg:
<<I thought Butler was 6'5". Did she shrink?>>

See...
I told you ONCE they hit the Boneyard the shrinkage begins...
Is it time to approach the U S International Olympic Committee and ask if they want Geno to streamline the next Olympics. The savings projected by eliminating IOC tryouts and practices and just playing the UConn first 15, may just appeal in these times of limited funding.

Reaction Score
Now all that's left for UConn is to add Durr and join the WNBA :) This is amazing and wonderful and will help to keep Geno around for a long long time!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Fantastic. I wonder how Geno will manage minutes for everybody. An embarrassment of riches.
I was thinking about that. A few thoughts come to mind. I'm not worried at all about keeping everyone happy or managing minutes for everyone. I mean no disrespect to any player who wants to come to UCONN, but first and foremost, UCONN is NOT about the individual accolades.

Geno generally recruits the kids who want to win (badly) and who want to do whatever it takes to win. That's why AA's like Bria say "I'm ok with coming off the bench if it will help us win a NC". And that's why kids don't come to UCONN expecting to lead the nation in scoring, or log 30+ minutes per game to achieve individual statistics. That means, to me, that the best players will generally start (Mo, Stewie, Bria, KML and Stef). Kids who also are talented, practice really well, and are just really good will earn minutes as subs (Stokes).

Players who practice really hard and continue to show improvement will get a chance to play (UCONN really had no one in that category). Kids who don't quite get it yet, or aren't up to being able to contribute in a meaningful way will struggle to get any real PT (Banks and Chong this year). Kids who feel they really want more PT in games and realize it won't ever happen at UCONN (Johnson, Engeln), or who have personal issues (Walker) may eventually transfer.

I'm not saying the last sentence will happen any time soon, but because UCONN is all about winning NC's, with players who are unselfish, have great chemistry, and are all about the team will thrive in Storrs. IMHO, Geno won't really have to do much to "keep everyone happy" because they understand what UCONN is all about and that's part of the reason they wanted to come to UCONN in the first place. The best players generally don't leave UCONN.

There's a reason the best college player possibly ever signed LOI on the hood of her car. Why UCONN commits don't have press conferences to announce, or make a big deal about making the choice. UCONN is not about fluff or frills. Don't get me wrong - once the practice facility is complete, UCONN will have the very best, state of the art, facilities to tempt recruits with. But UCONN is not all about "hey look at me". I believe that players who really want to play here get that. It's the most amazing thing that this kind of humility exists in so many kids who are the best of the best...

Last edited:

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Katie Lou, seems to me ,to be another young lady who is ,not only very talented,but loves to have fun.We may be in to some classic post game press conferences,with her and Stewart,and Kaleena.
I wondered why I would wake up this morning at 3 a.m.Must have been an angel poking me to turn on my computer and load the boneyard.
If Connecticut gets a commitment from Durr,then,I suggest the team gets part time residence at the White House.

Thank you Katie Lou,for choosing Connecticut,and making an old man's face locked in a permanent smile.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
What incredibly great news! Welcome, Welcome, Welcome Katie Lou!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Wow! Who would you compare Katie Lou too? She seems like she is similar to McBride of Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
From what I have seen, she seems to be a great shooter like her sisters, but with a more versatile interior skillset. Compared to McBride, she's less explosive and more slightly built, but a few inches taller and lengthier. Samuelson will likely not have the equivalent of McBride's role on this UConn team.

I'm not good at these sorts of pre-attendance predictions, but I think she'll be somewhere in the middle of the KML--Stewie continuum in terms of the blend of skills she'll bring to the team - i.e. not particularly like either, but with scattered elements that will remind us of one or the other.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom