For those calling for Ollies head | Page 9 | The Boneyard

For those calling for Ollies head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
God man, this is the thread that got me to ignore stairmaster – I'd totally forgotten about that kid! Funny to look back and see how wrong he was about literally everything.

I wonder if there's a way to track who the most ignored person on the boneyard is. Gotta be between him, freescooter & JSM I'd imagine.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
God man, this is the thread that got me to ignore stairmaster – I'd totally forgotten about that kid! Funny to look back and see how wrong he was about literally everything.

I wonder if there's a way to track who the most ignored person on the boneyard is. Gotta be between him, freescooter & JSM I'd imagine.

Bro. You claimed Earl Grant could recruit “at an elite level” because he was on staff for four mediocre to terrible classes at Clemson and a four-year span at Wichita State in which they failed to make the tourney once.

You’re without question the last person here who should be calling me out on a poor understanding of the college basketball landscape.

Also, wasn’t this the thread you were hyping up Eric Konkol in? How’d LA Tech look this year?

Reaction Score
Bro. You claimed Earl Grant could recruit “at an elite level” because he was on staff for four mediocre to terrible classes at Clemson and a four-year span at Wichita State in which they failed to make the tourney once.

You’re without question the last person here who should be calling me out on a poor understanding of the college basketball landscape.

Also, wasn’t this the thread you were hyping up Eric Konkol in? How’d LA Tech look this year?
Well, given that he ignored you this was more or less yelled out into the void.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Well, given that he ignored you this was more or less yelled out into the void.

No, he wanted me to get banned on the spot for gumming up the thread or some BS. He just isn’t mature enough to handle criticism of his highly suspect analysis.

People have piled on me for my crap takes many times and I’ve never reacted in such a whiny way.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

I think he has you on ignore brah.... Just saying

But am definately happy for you to be wrong once again;).... this reverse jinx mojo we got going with you stair is gold my friend.

Please start a thread on how we won't win another title

Reaction Score

Stairs, you just needed to have more faith in UCONN basketball and that the administration would do the right thing. Some of us did and we are very happy with the direction the program is going in now.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I think he has you on ignore brah.... Just saying

But am definately happy for you to be wrong once again;).... this reverse jinx mojo we got going with you stair is gold my friend.

Please start a thread on how we won't win another title

Already working on the “cat lady is a psychic, we’ll be in the NESCAC by 2025” one!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I missed the whole welch thing. don't care. SJ called this months ago

You have to care that was one of the most epic call outs in BY history.

Reaction Score
You have to care that was one of the most epic call outs in BY history.
i missed it completely. i don't even know what the whole thing is about

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Stairs, you just needed to have more faith in UCONN basketball and that the administration would do the right thing. Some of us did and we are very happy with the direction the program is going in now.

Knowing what I did about how AD Dave approached contract negotiations with basketball coaches in the past, it was definitely reasonable to be pessimistic about how the administration would handle it. The fact that he pulled it off had nothing to do with you being optimistic or me being pessimistic.

If you'd read the last couple of pages, you'd know that I'm just as happy as you are -- perhaps more so.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The beginning of this thread aged well...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Oh, god, no. I doubt he’s even in driving distance of those two. JSM probably has three different usernames with more ignores.

And you’re completely underrating how much people hate Whaler and Serrano.

But it’d hard to as wrong as he has been on the Ollie stuff.

Reaction Score
For the final time. Stop speculating, Kevin Ollie is going nowhere for the next 2 yrs. I know the administration at UCONN is trying to save money/balance budgets. The governors election is next yr. The UCONN athletic department is hemorrhaging money. David Bennett was brought in to stabilize the finances, so far he fail big time with his first major decision in football. He cannot fire Ollie without approval from the Susan. Susan will not give it because if the GOP wins the governors (likely) in 2018. UCONN will have a bull-eye on its backs in the budget cuts. They will cite waste and the first example will be paying $10 million to replace Ollie. Herst's job might even be in jeopardy if the team and attendance craters after Ollie. They are even talking about shutting down part of UCONN health due to the budget cuts. Kevin Ollie is the best choice for UCONN and Connecticut going forward. Stop your wishful thinking
Great call, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer