For those calling for Ollies head | Page 10 | The Boneyard

For those calling for Ollies head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So @tentoes4rings, was it Whtdmd's "... Kevin Ollie is going nowhere for the next 2 yrs." or he's "... the best choice for UCONN and Connecticut going forward." which prompted a laugh?
Both and more DA! Calling Benedict Bennett, saying he's going nowhere, and the best one, that "Herst's" job could be in trouble if the team and attendance cratered AFTER Ollie. The program had more craters than the moon under Ollie, attendance and performance couldn't get much worse. Here's to pronounced optimism that Hurley is going to give us something to be very proud of again soon.

Reaction Score
I credit Stain for finally coming around on KO and admitting he was wrong.

But the whole evolution in opinion was the strangest mix of pollyanna optimism about KO juxtaposed with this bizarre fatalism about the long-term cachet of the program.

Getting Hurley should put both of those to bed.
All but those in KO's family came around. The title bought leeway, more for some people, less for others. And then the last two years had a slew of injuries. I was skeptical of his coaching in 2015 and 2016, but hoped he'd grow because he could clearly motivate his players and recruit.

But even those things proved false. If he had the same record, but not the ridiculous blowout losses, I would have been sympathetic to another year myself. Mostly because of the buyout. But getting absolutely slaughtered again and again...yeah I figured he needed to go but still worried about that buyout.

Thankfully Benedict was able do what needed to be done when it was clear to most reasonable fans it needed to be done.

Reaction Score
As I watch the NCAA tourney, I realize that making the tourney within 2 years isn't a big stretch. We have the tradition, facilities and a very good coach to make it happen. Hope has been restored and I am very excited for a return to UConn basketball.

It will be interesting to see how the roster shapes up for the coming season. We have lots of pieces with promise and if Coach Hurley can get them to play as a cohesive unit, this season could be really fun to watch. I can't even put into words how happy I am to have Coach Hurley running the program.

Reaction Score
I credit Stain for finally coming around on KO and admitting he was wrong.

But the whole evolution in opinion was the strangest mix of pollyanna optimism about KO juxtaposed with this bizarre fatalism about the long-term cachet of the program.

Getting Hurley should put both of those to bed.
did @August_West ever publish his list of quitters and bad fans?

and is AD David Benedict on that list?

Did I miss that thread?

Reaction Score
Tip of the hat @lange10, Nov 26, 2017 ... you made the call in message # 4 in this thread ... and sadly things further declined to make right now today.
Sheesh. Tough look for me right there. Roller coaster of emotions throughout Ollie's tenure and at times I spoke/posted irrationally in the heat of the moment. But trust me I was on the Hurley to UConn hype train very early (see my tweets).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 5.49.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 5.49.57 PM.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 82
Reaction Score
Is this video post firing of Ollie? It's good to see he's still in good spirits. He truly bleeds blue, wish it could have worked out better.

It's from today. Ray was in the NBA Store for the release of his book and I guess KO showed up. Had I known I would have stopped by.

Reaction Score
It's from today. Ray was in the NBA Store for the release of his book and I guess KO showed up. Had I known I would have stopped by.
Just what we need. Another casual fan.

Reaction Score
Good Lord, let it go. KO is gone and for good reason. Why this need to try rehabilitate is image and history. Ok, he bleeds blue...we get it. So do literally thousands of other athletes as well. Bottom line: he sucked at his job and nearly destroyed a premier basketball program in the process of bleeding blue. Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom