Florida transfer Noah Locke | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Florida transfer Noah Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Personally, I don't get the Polley love. He's been here 4 years, less the missed time due to injury. He's proven what he is.....a streaky shooter whose streaks are very few and far between. When he's off, he LITERALLY brings nothing else to the table (remember the 20-minutes played with literally not one stat?). Why are so many people fired up to potentially have him back? Yes he singlehandedly led us to victory over Marquette. But beyond that, he was pretty much a disappearing act, minus a couple made 3s here and there. He's not the consistent knock down shooter some people want him to be and that we need on this team. Nice kid and seems like he has a good attitude, but if we can replace him with someone that can shoot more consistently, I say we do it all day long.

Reaction Score
My "Polley want a cracker?" comment was in direct response to who does UConn have as a back up plan. That to me is exactly what Polley is for next year- a back up plan. I definitely would like a comparable shooter who can do more than occasionally get hot from 3.
Right...I guess I'm saying I hope he isn't our only backup plan and there's a strong possibility out there that maybe we haven't heard about yet.

Reaction Score
'excellent?'
data, please.

There are a variety of stats websites out there. I prefer sports-reference. Have you considering using them?

You normally write like a coked out maniac. I don't even read your posts because they're unintelligibe. At least your takes aren't normally such hot garbage, I think. It's hard to tell. This is hot garbage.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
u play any pick up hoops? in reality land, there is a very common phenotype known as 'that guy.' often, especially to kick off a session once 10 bodies are in the room, everrbody lines up to shoot fts. 1st five to make it are one team, and if more than 10 are in the room, then the next 5 to make are the other team.
often, there is 'that guy,' the one who shoots 99% from the line, but in the game rarely scores, because he can't. nothing aboot ajax meant here as i like his energy very much and hope he can find a buckets game, but ft accuracy does not always equate to floor game.
everyone groans when 'that guy' is on their squad. everyone. unless there are only ten in the gym. then, everyone is very happy cuz it's game on! and we don't have to stand around with our thumbs up our reverse pie hole, just talking trash.
While this may be true in pick-up games, among actual basketball players this might not be true.

Here is a study from Harvard Sports Analysis (a student run analytical group at Harvard) that shows there is a direct correlation between college FT % and NBA 3P%.

Now, we have to take this with a grain of salt because Jackson attempted 10 FTs last year, which is not at all an conclusive sample size. If he shoots 80%+ though this next year with a real sample size, then there is an argument he could develop a good outside shot in the future. Or, he could just develop a good outside this summer.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yes. Based on his "makes"and how he scored his points, he doesn't get inside or drive, nor is he aggressive on defense.

Roughly scored 7 of his 10 points per game came on three's, 2 of his 10 points per game on two's and 1 of his 10 points per game on FT's in 28 minutes. One FT per game for a guard says he's Polley Light.

And, in those 28 minutes per game he averaged 2.4 rebounds, 0.7 assists and 1.1 turnovers. Must be a great defender though, with only 1.3 fouls per game

Not exactly lighting it up, plus his averages stayed almost exactly the same for all three years.

Someone mentioned Brian Fair - this kid's stats suggest he's Fair 2.0. It never hurts to have a plus-3-point shooter, but he's not a guy I want on the floor for more than 15 mpg if he can't do anything else.

Reaction Score
There are a variety of stats websites out there. I prefer sports-reference. Have you considering using them?

You normally write like a coked out maniac. I don't even read your posts because they're unintelligibe. At least your takes aren't normally such hot garbage, I think. It's hard to tell. This is hot garbage.
he's gotta put the spliff down and clear his head a bit

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We can’t bank on Tyler Polley, he’s nothing more than a back up plan. He doesn’t have the stones to hit big shots. That’s the type of shooter we need.

Reaction Score
We can’t bank on Tyler Polley, he’s nothing more than a back up plan. He doesn’t have the stones to hit big shots. That’s the type of shooter we need.
Polley’s hit a couple of big shots in his career

Reaction Score
Yeah no he hasn’t. Regular season vs. Marquette down 18 with 12 to go in the 2H doesn’t count.
Yes he has. I could go dig up the game. But it’s not that important to me. When he’s on, HE’S ON. He’s not a player that is good enough to lose sleep if he doesn’t come back. But to say he hasn’t hit big shots is disingenuous

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Personally, I don't get the Polley love. He's been here 4 years, less the missed time due to injury. He's proven what he is.....a streaky shooter whose streaks are very few and far between. When he's off, he LITERALLY brings nothing else to the table (remember the 20-minutes played with literally not one stat?). Why are so many people fired up to potentially have him back? Yes he singlehandedly led us to victory over Marquette. But beyond that, he was pretty much a disappearing act, minus a couple made 3s here and there. He's not the consistent knock down shooter some people want him to be and that we need on this team. Nice kid and seems like he has a good attitude, but if we can replace him with someone that can shoot more consistently, I say we do it all day long.
I'm with you on this (the part that he has not proved anything).

But there is literally nothing to lose bringing him back. He doesn't take up a scholarship and he doesn't have to play a single minute if we bring in someone better. That's the "downside" scenario of him returning. The upside is just maybe (a big maybe) he becomes a consistent 3 point shooter and learns to contribute in a few other ways, like defense or rebounding.

He's taking more of a risk by returning than UConn is by bringing him back.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Is Polley transferring to Louisville also?
I hope not. He has a 3 point percentage to clip at UConn

Reaction Score
I'm with you on this (the part that he has not proved anything).

But there is literally nothing to lose bringing him back. He doesn't take up a scholarship and he doesn't have to play a single minute if we bring in someone better. That's the "downside" scenario of him returning. The upside is just maybe (a big maybe) he becomes a consistent 3 point shooter and learns to contribute in a few other ways, like defense or rebounding.

He's taking more of a risk by returning than UConn is by bringing him back.
I get that there's no downside to bringing him back. I just don't get why people are excited about it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Right...I guess I'm saying I hope he isn't our only backup plan and there's a strong possibility out there that maybe we haven't heard about yet.

Fair enough. Plan C. The back up to the back up plan.

Reaction Score
Maybe the Locker wasn't the knocker we needed but I don't seen any official announcement anywhere regarding the cardinals.

Reaction Score
This one hurts. I really don’t want to get a reclass or similar player to what we have on the roster.

If they can get a shooter or two they could be a really good team next year.

Reaction Score
yay dont have to check this thread anymore. the hunt for a starting SG continues elsewhere

Last edited:
Reaction Score
P
yay dont have to check this thread anymore
Well he hasn't actually commited anywhere yet. Zionn(the grimm reaper) hasn't Nexted him yet so i'll hold out hope

Reaction Score
Right off the top of my head I would expect Cole, Whaley and Martin to all perform very similarly on offense. Hopefully Whaley shows more confidence when shooting from outside. The other two will end up shooting similar percentages to what they have in the past. Why will they get better, just because you think so? Some kids improve every year in a program, some kids get recruited over if someone better comes in.
Well RJ played better as the season progressed. I would expect even more consistency next year. I really think Isaiah needs to shoot more when left open. While Tyrese may not be a great shooter, he does a lot of other good things. There is as much or better chance they improve than not.
I'm with @husky429 on this. Sure it was only 17 3s this year, small sample size, but 2 of 17 and a lot of them were air balls or thuds off the backboard. Part of it was probably confidence and lost time due to COVID and injury, probably would have been around 20-25% otherwise, but the shot needs some work before getting above 30%.
Yeah Andre shouldn't be taking many 3s but he needs show he can score with mid-range, floaters and drives to the basket. If he can't he will lose minutes

Reaction Score
He is a good guy.

Reaction Score
Gaffney literally improved every single offensive metric this year except assists. (most recent season is on top)

GPMINFG%3P%FT%REBASTBLKSTLPFTOPTS
Gaffney is a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member