Florida transfer Noah Locke | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Florida transfer Noah Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This sucks... He would have been a really useful piece and would have gotten much more minutes than I think he (or us) thought he would've. In my mind he would have been the starting two guard and a scorer that we would have needed.

We desperately need another backcourt player who has proven they can score. Don't tell me Gaff is that guy and please don't insinuate that RJ is going to be a 15-18ppg scorer because he did it in volume on a team that lost 40 games in two years.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
if im to understand correctly that 'ville' means mr locke is going to l'ville, then cool. that one looks like an old guy, one dimensional 3 jacker to me. he's played enuf (92 games) to have a reasonable view of his ability -10 ppg at 40% fg and 40% 3fg with around 3 2pt attempts and 6 3pt attempts pg. and just 1 ft per game.
the closest to the paint this guy ever was is that time he went to home depot to pick up a brush to baste a thanksgiving turkey.
Noah Locke College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com (sports-reference.com)

Reaction Score
Seems to me Locke would have had about the same impact as Polley.

Locke would have been a slight upgrade over Polley but not a major loss.

So still need to find that Polley upgrade or the best version of Polley if he wants to return.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seems to me Locke would have had about the same impact as Polley.

Locke would have been a slight upgrade over Polley but not a major loss.

Just watching the highlights he's a better player than Polley offensively. Hoping if Tyler comes back he improves his quickness with more than a year and half away from injury so his defense would improve.

Nonetheless Danny needs to come up with something or else we need to pray the freshman are more than ready.

Reaction Score
Tyler Kolek? I'd be pretty underwhelmed if he was the addition
Yep, I can't really even see him playing for us. Solid player at his current level but he's too deficient athletically to be a fit here, IMO.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Polley want a cracker?
in his 100 game career, typo has 43 assists and 26 steals.
for example, in his 50 game career, jalen has 100 assists and 37 steals.
how on earth can anyone play 100 games and only have 43 assists and 26 steals?
we could roll auggiedoggy in a wheelchair out on an nba floor for a 100 games, and he'd blow those typo numbers away.
i'll take any athlete/playa from the portal pool over any of these 1 dimensional hacks. you see any 1 dimensional hax get a lot of time for the winning teams in the last 2 weekends of the tourney? i didn't. i did see a lot of energetic gamers flying around the court, doing whatever it takes to win tho.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lord, oh Lord, please no more A10 transfers.
No more Tyrese Martin's? Please...

We're in a weird gray area. We need shooters badly, but we can't expect to land a shooter who wants (and deserves) immediate starter's PT. Locke would have been great, but he's a 29 mpg player. No way he'd get close to that at UConn with Cole, Jackson, Gaffney, Diggins, Hawkins...

Tyler Kolek is a perfect fit. He's only a sophomore and will give us a great outside shooter for three seasons. Coming from George Mason, maybe he's more inclined to come into a program like UConn and play that bench shooter role right away with room to grow into his junior and senior years.

If we add Kolek and retain Polley, that gives us two excellent outside shooters that our squad direly needs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Polley want a cracker?
I understand he’s still an option to come back but I think we need someone else also. Polley had two great games last year but a lot of blah games other than those two...and he is absolutely invisible if he isn’t shooting well. Need another guy who is a little more consistent and can provide at least something if the shot isn’t falling.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Right now we are looking to be closer to the team that played .500 ball without Bouk than anything else. I assume none of the freshmen are projected starters?

Reaction Score
Right now we are looking to be closer to the team that played .500 ball without Bouk than anything else. I assume none of the freshmen are projected starters?
Right, because Cole, Jackson, Whaley, Martin, Sanogo, etc won't get any better this summer :rolleyes:. Oh and nevermind the top 10 recruiting class plus Akok Akok...

Reaction Score
Just watching the highlights he's a better player than Polley offensively. Hoping if Tyler comes back he improves his quickness with more than a year and half away from injury so his defense would improve.

Nonetheless Danny needs to come up with something or else we need to pray the freshman are more than ready.

I think he will. I think between COVID and the fact he had to do PT on his own for his ACL, maybe that is what hurt his ability to be aggressive in the long term and affected durability this year.

Two years ago, we saw a glimpse of what he could be in 1 game then the injury cut it off. This year we saw a glimpse of what he could be for 3 games, then teams started playing him differently.

To your point, the more time that passes since the injury, the most optimistic one can be about the player he can become. This was his worst shooting season as a Husky. I think he can get back to 40-42% from 3 and he accepted a 15-20 min per game role. That's the missing piece for next year's team.

Reaction Score
I think he will. I think between COVID and the fact he had to do PT on his own for his ACL, maybe that is what hurt his ability to be aggressive in the long term and affected durability this year.

Two years ago, we saw a glimpse of what he could be in 1 game then the injury cut it off. This year we saw a glimpse of what he could be for 3 games, then teams started playing him differently.

To your point, the more time that passes since the injury, the most optimistic one can be about the player he can become. This was his worst shooting season as a Husky. I think he can get back to 40-42% from 3 and he accepted a 15-20 min per game role. That's the missing piece for next year's team.
In some ways, Polley’s decision is more complicated. There is a chance he sees limited minutes and actually hurts his pro prospects. Whaley knew he was coming back a starter.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Right, because Cole, Jackson, Whaley, Martin, Sanogo, etc won't get any better this summer :rolleyes:. Oh and nevermind the top 10 recruiting class plus Akok Akok...
Some of them won't get better, they are who they are. We have to replace our only dynamic scorer, you saw what our offense looks like without a guy who can break down a defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom