First Night Stream | Page 5 | The Boneyard

First Night Stream

Reaction Score
Why? Damn near every school does it. Good recruiting tactic too.

UCONN just needs to do it better, but what's new?
I hear you, it also just could be something for the students (including recruits) to enjoy and have fun participating. They go to classes and eat with the players, and know them simply as peers. The older farts (grads and up) are allowed in as spectators, and we have the benefit of past comparisons.

But the students are the ones to be entertained, and will be talking about and to players this weekend (with good/funny feedback). New generation of fans created last night. And for that reason, I'm sure that goal was met and the event 'succesful'.

Reaction Score

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Anyone else having problems with it?
1571486471136.png

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I’m in my early 20s. It’s not good for any age group. It’s horribly run and embarrassing.
You should change your handle. You aren't a Gampel crazy. You missed Open Practice and First Night. And spent last night on your computer watching a weak stream complaining about the production of the event. So not a gampelcrazie.

The players had fun and the crowd seemed to, as well.

Reaction Score
You should change your handle. You aren't a Gampel crazy. You missed Open Practice and First Night. And spent last night on your computer watching a weak stream complaining about the production of the event. So not a gampelcrazie.

The players had fun and the crowd seemed to, as well.
I ended up at the open practice.

But thanks to @Chief00 I learned that first night is for casual fans.

Reaction Score
I didnt think if was too bad but announcer did suck and the dunk portion was def unorganized and awkward bc bouknight was the only one really trying. Springs and sid did one each and Adam's tried twice maybe. Most of the time they all just stood around awkwardly. If it was organized better it would have been okay.

Reaction Score
I didnt think if was too bad but announcer did suck and the dunk portion was def unorganized and awkward bc bouknight was the only one really trying. Springs and sid did one each and Adam's tried twice maybe. Most of the time they all just stood around awkwardly. If it was organized better it would have been okay.
I don't necessarily disagree but the event is designed to be experienced in person - for young people who are surrounded by their friends. If you're watching the stream, what feels like an awkward pause in the event might be completely imperceptible to someone actually in Gampel. It's really apples to oranges. Not saying it couldn't be improved, or that the way they executed it was perfect or anything, just that watching it on a computer tells you almost nothing about how the people the event was designed for actually experienced it.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
No, it won't. Stopped being a cool thing a couple decades ago when it was no longer midnight madness.

When was the last actual Midnight Madness? I feel like I remember as a freshman in 2003 trying to hold back my drunkenness for an insane amount of hours to be able to walk to Gampel for the event. Of course it could be that I started drinking at 9am and the event was at 6pm.

Reaction Score
When was the last actual Midnight Madness? I feel like I remember as a freshman in 2003 trying to hold back my drunkenness for an insane amount of hours to be able to walk to Gampel for the event. Of course it could be that I started drinking at 9am and the event was at 6pm.
Man I don't remember when it stopped but it was a while ago. By the time I was reasonably old enough to be able to go to something like Midnight Madness (late teens) they stopped doing it, and I'm 32 now. Must have been about 15 years ago.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Man I don't remember when it stopped but it was a while ago. By the time I was reasonably old enough to be able to go to something like Midnight Madness (late teens) they stopped doing it, and I'm 32 now. Must have been about 15 years ago.

That’s what I’m thinking. We were probably students when it ended.

Reaction Score
I don't necessarily disagree but the event is designed to be experienced in person - for young people who are surrounded by their friends. If you're watching the stream, what feels like an awkward pause in the event might be completely imperceptible to someone actually in Gampel. It's really apples to oranges. Not saying it couldn't be improved, or that the way they executed it was perfect or anything, just that watching it on a computer tells you almost nothing about how the people the event was designed for actually experienced it.
I was actually at Gampel and I'm in my early 30s so I get I'm not a student. Like i said it wasnt awful it just could use some work. The drumline with the fire was awesome in person and I liked the intros with the video clips much much better than them just walking from behind a curtain but the dunking was very very awkward. That's all.

Reaction Score
I was actually at Gampel and I'm in my early 30s so I get I'm not a student. Like i said it wasnt awful it just could use some work. The drumline with the fire was awesome in person and I liked the intros with the video clips much much better than them just walking from behind a curtain but the dunking was very very awkward. That's all.
The flaming drumline was one thing that translated extremely well on TV. It looked totally awesome

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom