First Night Stream | Page 4 | The Boneyard

First Night Stream

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
guys... its mostly for the kids... let them have fun and dance, and celebrate the culture of basketball and everything that comes along with it. everyone on here talking negative about it is a sour grape, get over yourself. lmfao
It can be for the kids and also be a halfway decent event like it used to be.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
guys... its mostly for the kids... let them have fun and dance, and celebrate the culture of basketball and everything that comes along with it. everyone on here talking negative about it is a sour grape, get over yourself. lmfao
Dare I say it?
It's like Chief - not worth getting worked up about. If you don't like, Ignore.

I went for the second year in a row, and my major takeaway is that Storrs is too far for me to travel to, except for an afternoon game.

I liked...

The tumbling & gymnastics
Springs hoisting the kid up twice so he could get the dunk done
Seeing that Josh is indeed bigger
That the team was supportive of Bouknight's multiple attempts until he got it right... twice
Geno frustrating the profanity filter here until the Twitter video clip
Vital reminding me of his streaky shooting
Noting that Polley was the 3-point shooter who most ran out of time before taking all his shots

Afterward, I used my ticket stub for 10% off at the Bear's near UConn Hartford, and even got Dairy Bar ice cream, which was great because the DB itself was closed by the time First Night let out, though the bookstore stayed d open later. Now I still have to drive to New Haven.

Yeah, it's not the finest, but so what?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Complete waste of time, energy and money
Hold a damn open practice or scrimmage A vs B team
UConn looks so small program with this BS
Good night to this

Why? Damn near every school does it. Good recruiting tactic too.

UCONN just needs to do it better, but what's new?

Reaction Score
Drove 50 minutes and missed couple innings of the Yankee game to show my support. First night was garbage.

Whoever organized the event did a terrible job. Transitioning from each event was so disjointed, nobody knew what was going on most of the time. No energy in the building, the microphone volume and clarity was bad. People didn’t even know if/when t-pain was performing.

Fire whoever was in charge this year and move on.

and btw I just graduated in May so I’m not just being an old sour grape. Previous years were way better run

Reaction Score
Dare I say it?
It's like Chief - not worth getting worked up about. If you don't like, Ignore.

I went for the second year in a row, and my major takeaway is that Storrs is too far for me to travel to, except for an afternoon game.

I liked...

The tumbling & gymnastics
Springs hoisting the kid up twice so he could get the dunk done
Seeing that Josh is indeed bigger
That the team was supportive of Bouknight's multiple attempts until he got it right... twice
Geno frustrating the profanity filter here until the Twitter video clip
Vital reminding me of his streaky shooting
Noting that Polley was the 3-point shooter who most ran out of time before taking all his shots

Afterward, I used my ticket stub for 10% off at the Bear's near UConn Hartford, and even got Dairy Bar ice cream, which was great because the DB itself was closed by the time First Night let out, though the bookstore stayed d open later. Now I still have to drive to New Haven.

Yeah, it's not the finest, but so what?
You didn’t stay for T- Pain?

Reaction Score
Also what was with some center court sections being roped off and only having like 12 people sitting in them?

going of that, it’s been talked about before and shot down but uconn needs to put the students first and switch the student section to center court like Duke and UNC do.

Convince me otherwise.

Reaction Score
Also what was with some center court sections being roped off and only having like 12 people sitting in them?

going of that, it’s been talked about before and shot down but uconn needs to put the students first and switch the student section to center court like Duke and UNC do.

Convince me otherwise.
This conversation needs to die. It's never going to happen.

Reaction Score
Because why would donors who give the schools thousands for the seats give them up?
Because giving current students a way better fan experience will lead to more donors down the road. Current donors still would have a full other half of the court.

Reaction Score
Because giving current students a way better fan experience will lead to more donors down the road. Current donors still would have a full other half of the court.
I’m not disagreeing with you but it will never happen. Way to much money involved and also would turn away long time donors.

Reaction Score
IMO they gotta stop combining the two events. The novelty of MBB/WBB in one night has kinda worn off.

All you need is the following:
  • Player intros.
  • Three point contest.
  • Dunk contest.
  • Scrimmage between the current team and non-NBA former players.

Didn't they combine them because attendance (regular season and their respective first nights) has been so off for both teams for a number of years?

Reaction Score

Convince me otherwise.
Influential families that build practice facilities usually sit in those spots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom