February Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/11

Sarah Strong: 25 points (10-12 FG, 3-4 3-PT), 7 rebounds, 5 steals, 2 assists

Probably very few minutes played in a 70-pt win.

Reaction Score
Noblesville doesn't just trap in the backcourt and then reset. They continue to trap relentlessly. All Patterson could do was hold it up high and get rid of it.

I was envious. Wish UConn could trap like that at times. Constant, supreme effort by the Millers.
You're right. Nothing Patterson could have done. After she passed the ball her teammates were completely overwhelmed.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
“KK brings a selflessness that very few elite players possess. She is genuinely concerned about the success of the team above all else. She looks for the best play every trip down the floor and always looks to get her teammates involved in the game.”
Head Coach Matthew Stuve said of his U-Conn recruit

Stuve is proud that he gets to coach a U-Conn recruit and says that Arnold has improved every step of her high school career so far. He adds that she is a level three scorer and can present a matchup nightmare for any team.

“KK does things that I’ve never seen a high school player do and she makes it all look so effortless,” Stuve said. “She is an elite on-ball defender and brings so many intangibles off the floor. UCONN is getting a kid who will make them better in every way.”

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I really enjoy Sluconn's information on recruits/targets...the stats and the videos...thank you!
Of course the stats are usually quite good...no surprise there. Occasionally one of the 'other kind' catches my eye.
KK....3 for 11 from the foul line? Yikes! In close late game situations our ball-handlers need to be good from the line.
I figure KK has a very good shot at being in the rotation early on as a frosh...Paige and Nika seniors/Caroline a junior and KK and Ashlynn frosh...even with no other entrants some nice depth.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I really enjoy Sluconn's information on recruits/targets...the stats and the videos...thank you!
Of course the stats are usually quite good...no surprise there. Occasionally one of the 'other kind' catches my eye.
KK....3 for 11 from the foul line? Yikes! In close late game situations our ball-handlers need to be good from the line.
I figure KK has a very good shot at being in the rotation early on as a frosh...Paige and Nika seniors/Caroline a junior and KK and Ashlynn frosh...even with no other entrants some nice depth.
Don't know if you have noticed that Arnold is a volume shooter and often must take an abundance of shots to score as many as twenty. Hope that improves.

Reaction Score
Don't know if you have noticed that Arnold is a volume shooter and often must take an abundance of shots to score as many as twenty. Hope that improves.
Her free throw number is a little concerning. One off game, or has her game stats shown a pattern?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Her free throw number is a little concerning. One off game, or has her game stats shown a pattern?
Definitely not a pattern. Her Max prep shows that she is a career 70% FT shooter. This is not exceptional but more than adequate.

Reaction Score
UConn Women's Basketball
Definitely not a pattern. Her Max prep shows that she is a career 70% FT shooter. This is not exceptional but more than adequate.

70% is "more than adequate"? So under 70% is adequate? UConn is currently shooting 68.5%. Williams is at 68.1%. If Williams was on the line for 3 ft's with .1 sec left and UConn down 2 would you be confidently lighting a victory cigar or asking your deity to intervene?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
UConn Women's Basketball

70% is "more than adequate"? So under 70% is adequate? UConn is currently shooting 68.5%. Williams is at 68.1%. If Williams was on the line for 3 ft's with .1 sec left and UConn down 2 would you be confidently lighting a victory cigar or asking your deity to intervene?
:eek:I never operate independent of my Diety, therefore intervention would not be necessary. I also never light my victory cigar until victory is firmly secured and I have the right cognac to go with it.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

Actually, I was at the game, sitting opposite the UConn bench. I noticed that there were four athletic-looking young women in gray UConn gear behind the UConn bench. I figured that they were all recruits, and probably included KK. But maybe it was just KK and three friends (who were obliging enough to wear UConn sweats?).

Reaction Score
Isn’t there a player named Azzi Fudd as well?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Jordy: that is a seriously 'my bad' on omitting Azzi. Mortification is an understatement!

Reaction Score
Actually, I was at the game, sitting opposite the UConn bench. I noticed that there were four athletic-looking young women in gray UConn gear behind the UConn bench. I figured that they were all recruits, and probably included KK. But maybe it was just KK and three friends (who were obliging enough to wear UConn sweats?).
Joe take a picture next time.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and got my picture taken with KK Arnold and Paige but didn't notice these other people.
Most likely not recruits being that it was an away game.

Reaction Score
O"K"!!
3 for 11 on free throws. A perfect fit for our team. Sarcasm. But also frustration. I root so hard, scream at the TV when they miss. And what hurts is our best free throw shooters don't draw that many fouls. I guess it was a problem for Wilt the Stilt and you just have to learn to accept it. But it is so hard. So many semi final losses where one more made free throw might have made all the difference. How can someone shoot better from 3 than from the free throw line. Too much time to think?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom