February Recruiting Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

February Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like 8, not sure what time zone they were from. Judy checked and at least part of Indiana uses EST.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Source? As of now nothing on their Facebook page. Not doubting @MilfordHusky, just all about the footnotes.

Ayanna's IG story, which is fleeting. I took a screen capture, but it was too large a file for the BY to process it.

Reaction Score
The Patterson vs Shade regional game is today at 10 AM central. This is the only link I can find and I can't guarantee it will be streamed but fingers crossed.

Thank you, SH! Game replay available to stream on IHSAA site via affiliate feed.
Re: previous thread discussion about talent mismatch in Noblesville favor:

CT Insider Jan 25th article cited that Ayanna Patterson’s Homestead H.S. currently ranked #1 in Indiana coaches poll. Also from that piece: “Homestead’s only loss this season was to Noblesville on Nov. 20 at home, 69-48. The teams could meet again in the postseason. Homestead won the previous five matchups, including a regional quarterfinal game in overtime last season.”

JWS Feb 7th article ranks Homestead #22 nationally out of 25 high schools listed. Noblesville did not make the list.
… Well, so much for rankings & transitive property re: common opponent. Congrats to Ashlynn Shade & Noblesville.

Feel for “Yanna” playing her last game, & fouling out. Tough to impact game as big when your guards can’t get you the ball.

Reaction Score
Thank you, SH! Game replay available to stream on IHSAA site via affiliate feed.

… Well, so much for rankings & transitive property re: common opponent. Congrats to Ashlynn Shade & Noblesville.

Feel for “Yanna” playing her last game, & fouling out. Tough to impact game as big when your guards can’t get you the ball.
I didn't see the game.

Last game I saw Noblesville trapped/pressured full court. Was it the same this time? Last time I felt Homestead guards were completely overmatched.

If they (Noblesville) were pressing full court - did Homestead try to use Patterson at all to help bring the ball up?

Reaction Score
I didn't see the game.

Last game I saw Noblesville trapped/pressured full court. Was it the same this time? Last time I felt Homestead guards were completely overmatched.

If they (Noblesville) were pressing full court - did Homestead try to use Patterson at all to help bring the ball up?
Yup... More of the same this time.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Noblesville doesn't just press, they trap, and they trap all over the court early. Wasn't anything Patterson could do about it and she did not have a good game at all. Shade made plays though it wasn't her best performance either.

Patterson: 15 points (7-17 FG, 1-3 FT), 5 rebounds

Shade: 13 points (5-16 FG), 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals

Reaction Score
Yup... More of the same this time.
Should've tried using Patterson to try to bring up the ball. They couldn't trap her fullcourt with success. She's either too quick or if you force her to pick up the ball she can see over the trap. Once you get the ball over halfcourt you can reset your offense. UCONN used to do that a lot with Charde Houston.

And if you practice enough prior to the game in your halfcourt sets - if they trap you can possibly then get the ball to Patterson anywhere from top of the key to FT line where she can go one-on-one or dribble-penetrate and hit an open wing.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Should've tried using Patterson to try to bring up the ball. They couldn't trap her fullcourt with success. She's either too quick or if you force her to pick up the ball she can see over the trap. Once you get the ball over halfcourt you can reset your offense. UCONN used to do that a lot with Charde Houston.

And if you practice enough prior to the game in your halfcourt sets - if they trap you can possibly then get the ball to Patterson anywhere from top of the key to FT line where she can go one-on-one or dribble-penetrate and hit an open wing.

Noblesville doesn't just trap in the backcourt and then reset. They continue to trap relentlessly. All Patterson could do was hold it up high and get rid of it.

I was envious. Wish UConn could trap like that at times. Constant, supreme effort by the Millers.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Noblesville doesn't just press, they trap, and they trap all over the court early. Wasn't anything Patterson could do about it and she did not have a good game at all. Shade made plays though it wasn't her best performance either.

Patterson: 15 points (7-17 FG, 1-3 FT), 5 rebounds

Shade: 13 points (5-16 FG), 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals
Those are terrible stats for both. UConn should take back both scholarships. :rolleyes::p:rolleyes:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Depending on what report you believe, Geno was either at the Shade/Patterson game this morning, will be at KK Arnold's game tonight, or possibly both.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/10

Serenity McNair: 37 points

McNair visited Storrs with her AAU teammate Sarah Strong last fall.

Reaction Score
Noblesville doesn't just trap in the backcourt and then reset. They continue to trap relentlessly. All Patterson could do was hold it up high and get rid of it.

I was envious. Wish UConn could trap like that at times. Constant, supreme effort by the Millers.
Thank you.

I wish I could see the game. I have to register for it. She should rarely allow herself to get significantly trapped unless a pass puts her in that situation there. But that's why she should be handling the ball.

And if they are trapping her- she makes a pass and breaks to the basket, she seemed both quicker and faster than any Noblesville player (I could be wrong). But if not, I can't believe how such a supreme athlete you can't get her open after she makes a pass while making a quick cut or catches a pass at ft line or top of the key after the team was already trapping a prior passer. Hard for me to imagine.

Is this game free somewhere without registering?

It's not like she is a slower jump shooting athlete or slower post player. She has an ability to handle the ball and handle it well and handle it quickly.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thank you.

I wish I could see the game. I have to register for it. She should rarely allow herself to get significantly trapped unless a pass puts her in that situation there. But that's why she should be handling the ball.

And if they are trapping her- she makes a pass and breaks to the basket, she seemed both quicker and faster than any Noblesville player (I could be wrong). But if not, I can't believe how such a supreme athlete you can't get her open after she makes a pass while making a quick cut or catches a pass at ft line or top of the key after the team was already trapping a prior passer. Hard for me to imagine.

Is this game free somewhere without registering?

It's not like she is a slower jump shooting athlete or slower post player. She has an ability to handle the ball and handle it well and handle it quickly.

You can watch the replay here, no registration:

Reaction Score
I said a few weeks ago that Homestead's best shot against Noblesville was the just heave the ball toward Ayanna near the basket and let her go get it. She had almost no help getting the ball up the court. Her supporting cast just couldn't get her the ball. I'm not at all surprised they lost that game but it wasn't Ayanna's fault.

Reaction Score
Ashlyn doesn't hesitate to go with her left hand. Just another sign of the level of excellence she has achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom