February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'm trying not to get too excited until I get more of a feeling that she is willing to leave the left coast for college.

We'll be lucky to get a final list. Iriafen is very private when it comes to recruiting.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm trying not to get too excited until I get more of a feeling that she is willing to leave the left coast for college.
I have a similar feeling and to be honest with you I think I have Moore and Hollingshead "slightly" ahead of her as a big forward in this class because I see more polish in their games. Not for nothing but I also think Lattimore might be ahead of her as well. She the most athletic at the position no doubt but with DeBerry and ONO on the roster and Brady coming Kiki might fall into the category of needing too much work.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I have a similar feeling and to be honest with you I think I have Moore and Hollingshead "slightly" ahead of her as a big forward in this class because I see more polish in their games. Not for nothing but I also think Lattimore might be ahead of her as well. She the most athletic at the position no doubt but with DeBerry and ONO on the roster and Brady coming Kiki might fall into the category of needing too much work.

I haven't seen too much of Hollingshead but she strikes me as a rawer talent with big upside. Having watched Moore with the U17 team, I like her, but I like Iriafen more. Better athlete, quicker, more versatile. Moore might end up rock solid but Iriafen can be pretty special. Her Duncan-like post skills are rare.

Reaction Score
At the end of tonight's game, (which Hopkins won and Bueckers had the worst shooting night I've seen her have), the announcer said that she had a slightly injured knee and that was why she sat out the last game.
She still got over 20 pts and 12+ assists, and all the other extras but it was NNagi who carried the scoring load.
Kramer for StMA can shoot incredibly well. Her 3's both tonight and in the first game hardly touched the net (ala Fudd) and she hit a couple of runners and scored on drives. And she has the peachiest cheeks I ever saw. ;)

Reaction Score
Other than Paige, I really like Hopkins' player Taylor Woodson, only a freshman. I think she is going to be a very good player at the next level as well.

Reaction Score
Other than Paige, I really like Hopkins' player Taylor Woodson, only a freshman. I think she is going to be a very good player at the next level as well.

I think Geno has made the trek to Mn to see more than Bueckers. There are several, including freshman Agara and sophomores NNagi and Battle They will be good D1 players if they continue to develop.

Reaction Score
I think Geno has made the trek to Mn to see more than Bueckers. There are several, including freshman Agara and sophomores NNagi and Battle They will be good D1 players if they continue to develop.
Agree as he was watching them.

Reaction Score
Geno attended last Friday's Hopkins' victory. Clip starts where Geno is shown but the whole video is Paige highlights.

Just a quick statistic question...

At the 1:20(ish) mark, PB has a no look pass for a wide open layup. The player missed but got the rebound and put it in. That nullifies the assist, correct?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Just a quick statistic question...

At the 1:20(ish) mark, PB has a no look pass for a wide open layup. The player missed but got the rebound and put it in. That nullifies the assist, correct?

By rule it should have but you never know with high school scorers. Nnaji ended up with an offensive rebound of her own miss and putback. Tough for Paige but she probably didn't get an assist there.

Reaction Score
By rule it should have but you never know with high school scorers. Nnaji ended up with an offensive rebound of her own miss and putback. Tough for Paige but she probably didn't get an assist there.

That's what I figured - thanks!

Reaction Score
Geno attended last Friday's Hopkins' victory. Clip starts where Geno is shown but the whole video is Paige highlights.

Sluconn: Good stuff as always. Paige really sees the court; and she owns it as well.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Well, since Paige's career is mapped out and personal stats are therefore meaningless, probably happier if her teammates pad their own stats.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd's 43-point effort last Friday (2/14) included 9 threes. Here is a condensed version of the game:

I think we are seeing a pretty good offensive player...but, based on what you see on the video which is like a highlight video...it is extremely difficult to be able to make any conclusions regarding her ability to play defense. By the way...there seemed to be some pretty efficient shooters on both teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom