Favorite frozen pizza | The Boneyard

Favorite frozen pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ideally we would never have to eat such things but we have all been there. As a kid I loved those Stouffer's French bread pizzas as an adult if I'm forced to eat a frozen pizza Red Baron is actually pretty decent. I expect this thread to bring us a recruit in the near future.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Ideally we would never have to eat such things but we have all been there. As a kid I loved those Stouffer's French bread pizzas as an adult if I'm forced to eat a frozen pizza Red Baron is actually pretty decent. I expect this thread to bring us a recruit in the near future.

Stouffer's are my go-to for long nights working on papers. Very palatable compared to the competition.

Reaction Score
Digiorno if I want a substitute for real pizza. It is better than lousy pizza joint pizza but not anything near a great pizza joint pizza. The thin crust is particularly good.

Otherwise, I like to take a Totino's and throw a little Italian seasoning on it. Nothing like real pizza but I've always thought they were delicious.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Red Baron deep dish singles. They aren't really deep dish and they taste good for what they are.

Reaction Score
RipCity said:
Red Baron deep dish singles. They aren't really deep dish and they taste good for what they are.

We have those in the freezer at all times. The kids love them. I got sick of them years ago but they are pretty good.

Reaction Score
They are all terrible, all of them. From CPK, to Stouffers, Red Baron, diGiorno, Elio's, Amy's, Paul Newman, Celeste and on and on. Terrible, they're all terrible. It confounds me that no one can make a halfway decent frozen pizza. I'd rather go get a $5 pizza from 'Lil Caesar's.

NEXT!

Reaction Score
Newman's Own Bufallo Chicken pizza, hands down the best frozen pizza in my opinion. I also like California Kitchen Barbeque Chicken Pizza, although it's very sweet. I like Stouffer's french bread pizza as well.

Reaction Score
I can't recall eating a plain frozen pie, so it hard for me to say.I dress up anything frozen.

Aldi's has a nice pie, Red Baron ain't bad. By the time I add sausage, pepperoni, cheese, peppers, etc.. you can't see the pie anyway.

The number one rule for me is to be hungry (actually famished) for me to enjoy it.

My question is does anyone actually microwave it according to directions?

Reaction Score
I can't recall eating a plain frozen pie, so it hard for me to say.I dress up anything frozen.

Aldi's has a nice pie, Red Baron ain't bad. By the time I add sausage, pepperoni, cheese, peppers, etc.. you can't see the pie anyway.

The number one rule for me is to be hungry (actually famished) for me to enjoy it.

I don't microwave anything, microwaves ruin food.

Reaction Score

My question is, if you're going to go through all the trouble of adding all that stuff to mediocre pizza anyway, why not start with a better base and buy some fresh dough, sauce and cheese? Or in a pinch, one of these?
Brooklyn%20Bread%20Pizza%20Crust.JPG

IMO it beats Boboli or Mama Rosa's.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Used to crush full Tombstone's back in the day and eat half of my sisters because she would eat a lot slower lol.

Reaction Score
My question is, if you're going to go through all the trouble of adding all that stuff to mediocre pizza anyway, why not start with a better base and buy some fresh dough, sauce and cheese? Or in a pinch, one of these?
IMO it beats Boboli or Mama Rosa's.

I may try, what but I wouldn't know what sauce or type of cheese to buy (or how much for one pie). I know mozzarella, but on my frozen pie I just add some parmesan on the existing cheese. What cheese and sauce have you used?

Reaction Score
I may try, what but I wouldn't know what sauce or type of cheese to buy (or how much for one pie). I know mozzarella, but on my frozen pie I just add some parmesan on the existing cheese. What cheese and sauce have you used?
Just buy a bottle of marinara, maybe your favorite but preferably something whose first two ingredients begin with "whole crushed tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil" instead of "water, tomatoes, vegetable oil". You won't need the whole thing either, so you can save the rest for pasta the next night or something. Then just grab a couple mozzarella balls from the deli cheese bazaar, I avoid the shredded in the bag stuff, slice them as thin as you can get and go to town with the rest of your toppings.

Reaction Score
The one that's in your freezer when you come home after midnight all screwed up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom