Favorite frozen pizza | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Favorite frozen pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like Chicago Style pizza which isn't pizza at all, more of a Midwestern hot dish, frozen pizza is also not pizza. But that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. I also used to love the Stouffers pizzas but I think my favorite growing up was those little Jeno's pizza bites or whatever thin tastelss things Jeno's made. as long as it had that spicey faux sausage/pepperoni stuff on it. I could pop through dozens of those on a good football day. These days I like the Freschetta ones best I guess. I find the ones that try to hard to be like real pizza to be terrible. it's mostly abattle to find out which piece of cardboard has the best tasting pepperoni because all the toppings on frozen pizzas are pretty much garbage. At the end of the day the best frozen pizza is the one that's 5 for 10 dollars today.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Apparently not a fan of Sammy Davis Jr

I like Sammy, but this went right over my head. I was trying to play off your avatar, but on second look she is Rosanne, not Emily.
Either way, I love Gilda!

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I like Sammy, but this went right over my head. I was trying to play off your avatar, but on second look she is Rosanne, not Emily.
Either way, I love Gilda!

Watch the original Ocean's Eleven.....

Reaction Score
Old skool... wish they still made them!

4495d55136f725d42d058c16df6cdb20.jpg

Reaction Score
Ideally we would never have to eat such things but we have all been there. As a kid I loved those Stouffer's French bread pizzas as an adult if I'm forced to eat a frozen pizza Red Baron is actually pretty decent. I expect this thread to bring us a recruit in the near future.

If you're going to take the trouble to go to a grocery store to buy a frozen pizza in the first place, why not just go to the plethora of fresh pizza options around you. For crying out loud, there's a thread about a million posts long debating the best pizza in CT. Living in Austin, TX, I'm jealous of all the options you have in CT. You're worst pizzas are probably better than our best.

If you're anywhere near Newington, stop in at Stretch's. Tell my brother Stevie I sent you....he owns the joint!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Ideally we would never have to eat such things but we have all been there. As a kid I loved those Stouffer's French bread pizzas as an adult if I'm forced to eat a frozen pizza Red Baron is actually pretty decent. I expect this thread to bring us a recruit in the near future.

Uno's deep dish personal pan pizza is sold at Big Y. I cook it on the grill. It's as good as you'd get at any Uno's. My guess is it's the same as you'd get at an Uno's.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The one that's in your freezer when you come home after midnight all screwed up!

I think your taste buds know it won't be in your stomach for long.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The only frozen pizza I can recall liking even a little bit was Tree Tavern. No idea if they're still in business.
That was the only brand I remember back in the 70's. It's still available, in the classic box. It also claims to be all natural ingredients.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Eddie's New York style frozen slices are surprisingly good, but not cheap.

Reaction Score
When I first got married, like Tony's Supreme. Then I graduated to Stop & Shop Supreme in the Green Box. Stop & Shop d/ced them, went designer flavors & redid their packaging. Been with DiGiorno ever since. (When I have to have frozen pizza).
When ordering real pizza, in town (Southington) it's Dominic & Vinnie's for me.

Reaction Score
Before baking just add some shredded mozz & drizzle some olive oil over any frozen pie & it will dramatically improve the product.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I hope not. When I saw a tree tavern pizza in our freezer growing up, I wanted to cry. Tasted so weird.

Well, growing up where I did (Springdale section of Stamford), there weren't a lot of pizza options for kids growing up in the 60s/70s. Only three places I can recall between Springdale and Glenbrook. Two of them sold Greek pan pizzas and the other one served undercooked pizza. My folks weren't driving to the West Side for pizza. Amore didn't exist yet and the Colony didn't come into my life until I could drive.

We were kids and it was pizza. It was better than Elio's or Geno's, which are the only other ones I remember from back then. Since they only made a plain version, we dressed it up with our own stuff.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, growing up where I did (Springdale section of Stamford), there weren't a lot of pizza options for kids growing up in the 60s/70s. Only three places I can recall between Springdale and Glenbrook. Two of them sold Greek pan pizzas and the other one served undercooked pizza. My folks weren't driving to the West Side for pizza. Amore didn't exist yet and the Colony didn't come into my life until I could drive.

We were kids and it was pizza. It was better than Elio's or Geno's, which are the only other ones I remember from back then. Since they only made a plain version, we dressed it up with our own stuff.

Just add cheese, pepperoni and some Italian seasoning.

Reaction Score
The best frozen pizza in my opinion is a pepperoni Tombstone. Its cheap but don't let the price fool you. The crust gets extra crispy, the pepperoni is juicy and flavorful, the sauce has a nice spice to it. I'd vote this pizza hands down. Be sure to sprinkle crushed red pepper and garlic powder...now you are in business. I think it's 5 bucks for a pie....just try one, you won't regret it.

Yep, the best frozen pizza is Tombstone. It looks cheap in that shrink-wrap plastic, but don't let that fool you. I buy the Four Cheese and add pepperoni to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom