Favorite frozen pizza | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Favorite frozen pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The best frozen pizza in my opinion is a pepperoni Tombstone. Its cheap but don't let the price fool you. The crust gets extra crispy, the pepperoni is juicy and flavorful, the sauce has a nice spice to it. I'd vote this pizza hands down. Be sure to sprinkle crushed red pepper and garlic powder...now you are in business. I think it's 5 bucks for a pie....just try one, you won't regret it.

Reaction Score
Frozen cheese pizzas from costco. Their own brand. Pretty darn good.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Perhaps there's some mojo here... opponent names scrolled across Tombstone pizza boxes

Reaction Score
Being from Stamford and being spoiled with good pizza and now living in Richmond VA, I have taught myself to make a damn good pizza from scratch at home. If I had to have a frozen pizza though just for nostalgia sake, I'm going with Ellios like I used to get at the baseball field when I was in little league.

Reaction Score
Ideally we would never have to eat such things but we have all been there. As a kid I loved those Stouffer's French bread pizzas as an adult if I'm forced to eat a frozen pizza Red Baron is actually pretty decent. I expect this thread to bring us a recruit in the near future.

Holy moly people still east frozen pizza? Take a look at the fat content on one of those babies!!!

Reaction Score
None.
This, times 1,000.
Grew up within 45 minutes of NYC and didn't realize how good the pizza was til I moved to two other states, which, to be fair, had things named "pizza" that looked like pizza, but tasted like donkey ass.
Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns - all so-so blah pizza. It'll do if you're hungry.

Ferenzi's in Danbury circa '80 was my benchmark pizza. Guy went back to Italy.

Tried Little Caesar when it first opened. Seemed too good to be true. Two small pizzas for 7 bucks or some crazy thing. Got it in the car. Had 2 slices. Threw the rest out. Never have been back. Should be sued by the FDA for claiming to make "pizza."

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
This, times 1,000.
Grew up within 45 minutes of NYC and didn't realize how good the pizza was til I moved to two other states, which, to be fair, had things named "pizza" that looked like pizza, but tasted like donkey ass.
Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns - all so-so blah pizza. It'll do if you're hungry.

Tried Little Caesar when it first opened. Seemed too good to be true. Two small pizzas for 7 bucks or some crazy thing. Got it in the car. Had 2 slices. Threw the rest out. Never have been back. Should be sued by the FDA for claiming to make "pizza."

The only good thing ever to come from Little Caesar's was their bacon wrapped deep dish pizza. Other than that, they're terrible.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This, times 1,000.

Tell us what does a donkey's ass taste like or better yet, how many times have you enjoyed one???

Reaction Score
storrsroars said:
The only frozen pizza I can recall liking even a little bit was Tree Tavern. No idea if they're still in business.

I hope not. When I saw a tree tavern pizza in our freezer growing up, I wanted to cry. Tasted so weird.

Reaction Score
I'm probably the only person in existence who still likes these, but I always liked Totino's frozen pizza. I used to roll them up like a giant burrito and eat it that way. Still pick one up every now and again.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
It's Stouffer's all day followed behind Ellio's. Im a big fan of the micro-bake option. 2 1/2 minutes in the nuker, 7 minutes in the oven, then 3 minutes in the fridge so you don't burn your face off. The fridge part is the most important. That ish comes out like lava.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just buy a bottle of marinara, maybe your favorite but preferably something whose first two ingredients begin with "whole crushed tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil" instead of "water, tomatoes, vegetable oil". You won't need the whole thing either, so you can save the rest for pasta the next night or something. Then just grab a couple mozzarella balls from the deli cheese bazaar, I avoid the shredded in the bag stuff, slice them as thin as you can get and go to town with the rest of your toppings.
@Kitaman Throw some oregano on it and it will help a bit. Most pizza sauces are more oregano based. For what it is worth, frozen pizza is okay in a pinch, but it doesn't really tast much like like pizza.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tony's, if I can find it. Something about the sauce. Red Barron is second choice, I think it's made by the same people, not sure.

Reaction Score
Holy moly people still east frozen pizza? Take a look at the fat content on one of those babies!!!

It's surely no worse than fresh pizza. Unless you're attacking all pizza, in which case you suck.

Answer is Freschetta for full size, Red Baron for singles.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Best frozen pizza recipe ever!

1) Carefully remove the frozen pizza from the box being careful not to lose any of the toppings.
2) Pre heat oven to 450 degrees.
3) Place pizza on a pizza baking stone once the stone has reached the required temperature.
4) Cook for 15 minutes reducing the heat to 400 degrees for the last 3 minutes.
5) Remove from the oven and let sit for 5-6 minutes
6) Throw out the pizza and go to Pepe's.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I have yet to find a frozen pizza that satisfies my craving for a pizza. Some are palatable. Most are not.

I have found one that is truly inedible though. Digiorno's Rising Crust. Worse yet, it seems that every local supermarket dropped the thin crust Digiornos to make room for this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom