Fanta: St. John's Hiring Rick Pitino | The Boneyard

Fanta: St. John's Hiring Rick Pitino

Reaction Score
the Big East is becoming even more of an elite conference.

Providence wins and the BE will have gone 5/5

Glad someone will be taking the most hated opposing coach spot again.

Reaction Score
They all do it. Everyone knew it was happening. It’s not a big deal

Can’t wait. Great hire. Georgetown needs to get its act together and hire a stud.

Does this conference have the best coaches from top bottom?
It's comical that Georgetown was too pure to consider Pitino but they've been going through back channels talking to Cooley for weeks.

Reaction Score
I, and probably lots of people, figured Pitino was already in talks with St Johns. If he is as his nick name would imply, sllick rick, he probably even knew the intricate details (salary and all that) already and proceeded to play hard to get with St. while dropping hints (lol) he was interested so "IF" he were to beat UConn he could have some leverage to get more $$$ (you know, slick thing to do after "feigning" interest). I figured players knew this was going on so that didn't end up working, thankfully ....but st johns wants him any way.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I won't name names but someone who this entire board holds in very high esteem on e claimed Pitino is the biggest phony he knows.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Love it, this league is going to be insane next season. It will be even more insane if Cooley ditches Providence for Georgetown which I hope doesn't happen.
Why? I want that bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom