Fall non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Fall non-UConn recruiting thread

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Rosario to LSU. Kim has her first signature class, a much needed one!
Womens Basketball Dancing GIF by LSU Tigers

Reaction Score
Is it true that Velez got a 6 figure deal and an extra 50k to steer ADR their way ?

Reaction Score
Is it true that Velez got a 6 figure deal and an extra 50k to steer ADR their way ?
I don't think so. Velez always seemed to be a lean to us during the late stages of recruiting. Now I'm pretty sure the Nil plays a part in recruiting. But I think they were a package deal from the beginning

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Oh the talent money can buy!
Every school has access to NIL. Whatever the case may be, Can’t get mad at LSU and other SEC schools (along with pac12/Big10) for having access to more of it.

Congrats Tiger fans. Things are getting interesting in the SEC. We wanted ADR but you all won out.

Now I’m interested to see how Dawn/SC pivots. This class for us could be anywhere from 2-5 players depending how other players commit. Cupboard isn’t bare, but Post will be an area of emphasis for us in 2024.

Reaction Score
Every school has access to NIL. Whatever the case may be, Can’t get mad at LSU and other SEC schools (along with pac12/Big10) for having access to more of it.

Congrats Tiger fans. Things are getting interesting in the SEC. We wanted ADR but you all won out.

Now I’m interested to see how Dawn/SC pivots. This class for us could be anywhere from 2-5 players depending how other players commit. Cupboard isn’t bare, but Post will be an area of emphasis for us in 2024.
Really appreciate that. Thats very classy!!

Thats the nature of recruiting, you win some you lose some. Dawn will land recruits in the future that Kim wants also. Thats how this all works.

I'm sure Dawn like will finish with an outstanding class as she does every year. I mean they have Watkins attention, as well as a slew of other top 20 players on the table.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Really appreciate that. Thats very classy!!

Thats the nature of recruiting, you win some you lose some. Dawn will land recruits in the future that Kim wants also. Thats how this all works.

I'm sure Dawn like will finish with an outstanding class as she does every year. I mean they have Watkins attention, as well as a slew of other top 20 players on the table.
Agreed.

Reaction Score
who else did they get?
Mikaylah Williams- 6'0 Guard
Janae Kent- 6'1 Wing
Angelica Velez- 5'7 PG

It'll be a class of 4 kids. I'm just happy they got a post and a PG this class, they needed to hit those two positions

Reaction Score
Harper decided none of them were good fits***
I believe you're being sarcastic but some of the Vol contingent did spread a rumor that Harper stopped recruiting two 2023 players because they weren't a good fit.

Reaction Score
That's a real solid LSU class, that will likely lock them up as a top 2 ranked class with two top 10 players. They'll be competing with Arizona with that #1 spot depending of if Arizona can get Watkins.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Rosario to LSU. Kim has her first signature class, a much needed one!
Was LSU Rosario's last official visit? One thing Mulkey seemed to master at Baylor was winning the signatures from recruits who visited her program last.

Reaction Score
Was LSU Rosario's last official visit? One thing Mulkey seemed to master at Baylor was winning the signatures from recruits who visited her program last.
Don't think so, she did her official to TN early this fall before classes started, visited LSU in early September. Rosario did go back to TN for the Florida game and went to SC for her official a couple weeks ago?

Not sure about North Carolina but I know she has visited before

Reaction Score

I'm not mad or bitter (dont care enough for that).... I am more than happy she didnt choose an ACC school though.

I'm only pointing out why that was the choice...interested to see if it is enough to keep her there long term

Reaction Score
That's a real solid LSU class, that will likely lock them up as a top 2 ranked class with two top 10 players. They'll be competing with Arizona with that #1 spot depending of if Arizona can get Watkins.
It is a very solid class, as it stands now, but since there are still quite a few undecided top ranked players that have not declared. I could see at least three other schools capable of making a case for the top couple of spots if things go their way. Stanford is still in the hunt for a couple of top recruits. What they have done thus far wouldn't get them near the top, but they are short list for Watkins as well as I think Hildago. If they got both you could make a case for them.

Similarly South Carolina is still in the Watkins sweepstakes plus several others. Watkins plus another might elevate them near the top. Finally Uconn has a pretty good starting point and although they are apparently not a contender for any more top 20 US recruits, they appear to be a distinct possibility for a top ranked foreign prospect in El Alfy from Egypt, who might have been a top 5 prospect if she was in the states.

As long as Stanford and South Carolina could still land two top prospects and Uconn already with a pretty highly regarded class still pursuing a foreign star, there is too much still unknown to conclude the top class rankings are down to two teams IMO.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm not mad or bitter (dont care enough for that).... I am more than happy she didnt choose an ACC school though.

I'm only pointing out why that was the choice...interested to see if it is enough to keep her there long term
Lol and how do you know the "why" of her choice? Are you her personal confidant? Do tell.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Oh the talent money can buy!
Offering sour grapes to go with your whine?
Doesn't your school have any NIL prospects?

You imply that she was “bought”. That's a pretty disgusting attack on a young lady, and the lack of evidence to support the charge reflects badly… on the accuser.

Reaction Score
Lol and how do you know the "why" of her choice? Are you her personal confidant? Do tell.
Nope, but I trust my sources. Money is almost always a factor when a handler is involved. I know nothing about Velez, so I can't speak to that one. Williams got money, too. Why so suspect of the reason? It's now a legal and effective tool for recruiting.

Reaction Score
Nope, but I trust my sources. Money is almost always a factor when a handler is involved. I know nothing about Velez, so I can't speak to that one. Williams got money, too. Why so suspect of the reason? It's now a legal and effective tool for recruiting.
No one is naive enough to believe these top prospects aren't getting benefits (NIL or whatever) when picking schools now. Unforutatenly that is the nature of college athletics these days across the board. Personally I'm not entirely a fan of it as recruiting gets foggy now but at the same time I am happy players can build their brands and be able to create value for themselves.

But would this same post be made if she did choose TN, SC, UCONN, Stanford, Arizona, etc? Would you say then she is "just going for the money"? I have zero doubt Williams and Rosario are getting very strong NIL deals and other opportunities, but Kim has recruited exceptionally well in the past so her landing some of these players isn't exactly out of left field either.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Congrats to the lsu fans here. A lot to be excited about down there in Baton Rouge!! I can see some epic battles in the sec between dawn and Kim in the coming years!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom