Fall Camp - The QB Battle | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Fall Camp - The QB Battle

Reaction Score
ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 1m
Two-minute situational time. Offense gets ball down 21-14 from their own 35. Roberson up first #UConnFootball

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 3m
Roberson drive ends a yard short on 4th down after getting the team to the 31 #UConnFootball

Next up:

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 4m
Strong Turner throw to Clercius on the edge moves the chains followed by another 1st down scramble #UConnFootball

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 4m
Turner another completion to Harrison brings up 2nd and 1 from the 29 with 35-seconds on the clock #UConnFootball

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 2m
Millen has started his 2-min 7-for-7 and has 1st and 10 at the 34 with 15-seconds left #UConnFootball

Reaction Score
I should know better than to still be an optimist after all these years but Sammis speaks of using simple concepts which may be beneficial to the personnel they have? Reminds me of Mike Foley.

Reaction Score
Based on what I have seen and heard, Zion Turner will be our QB. It would not surprise me if Tyler Phommachanh is shifted over to receiver.

Reaction Score
Based on what I have seen and heard, Zion Turner will be our QB. It would not surprise me if Tyler Phommachanh is shifted over to receiver.
Wut…

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

First part is a legitimate prediction/opinion. Second part is an opinion. Can't be refuted. Others may be surprised if that happened, but you wouldn't be.

The comments I read and heard from Mora about Roberson starting to get better with touch on his passes and similar comments from media lead me to believe he is the man going forward. I think Turner is a solid #2 and Mora and his staff are doing everything to groom him for starting in 2023.

While Roberson and Turner are on the roster and healthy, I do not see Tyler Phommachanh ever jumping in front of either of them.

Reaction Score
Are you calling yourself and insider now? Or is this you trying to interpret what Mora is telling the media?

Reaction Score
If you listen to Mora's comments to the media, he has praised all the QBs. To me, it sounds like he wants to keep the competition going so they will all be motivated and sharp. If he has a favorite, he hasn't really made a public comment yet. It may be different behind the scenes.

The press has been useless. The thing they should be looking for is how fast the QB is making decisions and getting rid of the ball. How fast are they going through their progressions. How clean is their footwork. Do they look in rhythm. Command in the huddle. All they talk about is this QB threw a completion to that WR. Useless.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom