Fall Camp - The QB Battle | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Fall Camp - The QB Battle

Reaction Score
He may not name the starter until the 20th, but I sure hope someone is getting starter reps much earlier. This offense needs reps as one unit....that won't happen if 5 guys are rotating in with the 1s.
As Edsall proved, finding the right guy is more important than naming a player the guy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Damn, those RBs must be wicked fatigued with their lack of being tall.
If you compare RB's to QB'a and what each needs to do in the game physically, that's on you.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
As Edsall proved, finding the right guy is more important than naming a player the guy.
Why is it one or the other? Find the right guy AND make the decision as soon as possible.

Reaction Score
If you compare RB's to QB'a and what each needs to do in the game physically, that's on you.
I don’t agree with your assessment of strength based on height. Roberson, Turner and Tyler Phommachanh are of similar height. I am pretty impressed with Stetson Bennett having to overcome unnecessary criticism and judgment.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don’t agree with your assessment of strength based on height. Roberson, Turner and Tyler Phommachanh are of similar height. I am pretty impressed with Stetson Bennett having to overcome unnecessary criticism and judgment.

I'm bored, it's early August, so why not?

I didn't mention Tyler Phommachanh's height. But go ahead.

Reaction Score
I am happy that HCJM really nailed what was going on with a QB trying to return from injury. Very honest assessment and good advice for Puma.

Reaction Score
And in that first game, many will be screaming that the second string quarterback needs to be put in because he's far better than the starter, lol.
One in particular...

Reaction Score
There are lessons to be learned from the past. But I have to say that we have seen none of the undesirable traits in HCJM that we saw in PP and RE despite the fact that he is the same age as those two when they started in Storrs. HCJM seems to have motivational and people skills that PP and RE could only dream of.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ok enough with the what could have been. Who is looking good this camp session? Is the kid from Penn State a real deal or someone that P State snared as practice material? Any of the ones that JM brought in like his friends son have a shot?

Reaction Score
With Mora things seem to happen as they should. Recruits visit and they commit. Camps happen and they commit. We need players and we get them on the portal

Edsall… that guy thought reality didn’t apply. Stars don’t matter. If a kid has to be recruited then he’s a bad fit. He seemed to do everything the hard way instead of the smart way.

Reaction Score
Hired instead of Whipple (a very competent coach) who probably would have improved upon what Edsall left behind. What a disastrous decision that was.
I think they were thinking the program was at the point of economic collapse that's why they took the bargain basement deal that Edsall gave them. It was just another series of short-sided moves. This last move by Benedict getting Jim Mora may turn out to be the one that saves this program. Things certainly look a lot different today than they did a year ago hoping against hope that banging our heads against the same wall would suddenly work. We've gone from sinking to at least swimming against the tide.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom