Facey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
We should do a over/under pick 'em contest for the top 7 players heading into next year on key metrics. 7 guys x 3/4 metrics per guys is 21 to 28 categories to pick. Might be fun to see who is bullish and bearish on who.

Reaction Score
If Facey had been a decent player last year, he'd have gotten more than 3 minutes/game.

And he also would have gotten more than 3 minutes per game had Daniels and Giffey not combined for 21 and 10 with 45% 3-point shooting.

Reaction Score
Order Qualifiers and Order winners.

Facey needs to improve defensive positioning and as a result decrease his foul rate in order to qualify to crack the lineup. This in conjunction with the two extremely complimentary options we had ahead of him at the 4 kept him out of the lineup.

The good news is, this is the area I would expect Facey to improve the most in jumping from Freshman to Sophomore year.

I think we're all expecting a significant improvement out of Brimah in this area, why not Facey?

Now if he does, he's clearly got a skill-set we need desperately in his rebounding rate and what looks like a nice mid range game to boot. Those are his order winners that will make a significant difference to the team.

I don't expect the kind of production we had out of the 4 last year, but I do think its going to be better than we thought. If so, its one less void in the lineup.

I'm certainly not saying that Facey is a slug or that he can't improve and even become an impact player this season. He has some real skills, and his knack for rebounding will make him indispensable if he can stay on the floor. But I'm not going to pretend that the only reason he wasn't getting major rotation minutes last year is because of Daniels and Giffey.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'm certainly not saying that Facey is a slug or that he can't improve and even become an impact player this season. He has some real skills, and his knack for rebounding will make him indispensable if he can stay on the floor. But I'm not going to pretend that the only reason he wasn't getting major rotation minutes last year is because of Daniels and Giffey.

Over/under 6.5 ppg?

Reaction Score
And he also would have gotten more than 3 minutes per game had Daniels and Giffey not combined for 21 and 10 with 45% 3-point shooting.

Giffey played most of his minutes at the 3, and almost all of his starts came there. Daniels and Giffey were on the floor together an awful lot.

Reaction Score
Over/under 6.5 ppg?

That's the thing: I have no idea. I could see him scoring 10-12 ppg, but I could also see him scoring 3-4. We've seen so little of him that I don't know what we have.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That's the thing: I have no idea. I could see him scoring 10-12 ppg, but I could also see him scoring 3-4. We've seen so little of him that I don't know what we have.

I don't see needing 10 to 12 from Facey. 5 sounds about right.

The bulk of our scoring will come from the 1-3 spots, and hopefully Amida will be effective on put backs and dunks.

Reaction Score

The bulk of our scoring will come from the 1-3 spots, and hopefully Amida will be effective on put backs and dunks.

I don't think we'll need that kind of production from him, but I think that, from a skills standpoint, it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Reaction Score
Facey is one of the keys to success or lack of this year.
We really have no one else.
The choices are a skinny freshman 2-3 or a muscular freshman ,who I believe is over his head.
If we actually had a back up five we could rotate Nolan , but he is far to valuable at the 5 .

Reaction Score
The choices are a skinny freshman 2-3 or a muscular freshman ,who I believe is over his head.
If we actually had a back up five we could rotate Nolan , but he is far to valuable at the 5 .

If we had managed to snag Jon Horford, we'd be in really good shape.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

It will be interesting to see how it works out. Facey is relatively new to basketball and he is having to learn an awful lot really fast at a really high level. Rakim may be in a similar spot with a lot to learn, but he also could be a fast learner in the KO school and be able to give us some options for limited minutes. This will be a fun season if we can be patient and know this team will have a good deal of growing to do (otherwise, The Boneyard may be a nightmare).

Reaction Score

Here's what I put in another thread:
Boat: 12
RP: 15
DHam: 10
Jr:6
Omar:6
TS:6
Facey:5
Rock:4
PN:6
AB:6

That's 74 ppg, and imo completely reasonable (if not conservative for some guys)

Reaction Score
Damn if we are relying on Facey to get us to the promise land this year ....... gonna be a long season

Reaction Score
Damn if we are relying on Facey to get us to the promise land this year .. gonna be a long season

yes, because that's exactly what people are saying in this thread. you should sit this one out.

Reaction Score
I guess my impression is that a lot of people are saying this. That Giffey and DD were so great the entire year that there was just no way to get him on the court, and I don't agree with that. If he came in playing at a Josh Boone level he would have played, and Giffey and DD just would have played less. We didn't have that option because he wasn't good enough out of the gate.

I feel like there is a disconnect here. Everybody agrees that Facey had weaknesses last season, and that those weaknesses contributed to him not seeing much playing time. But Nolan and Brimah had plenty of weaknesses themselves, and they played, because the center position wasn't an area of strength on the roster. Making the leap from saying he was inferior to Giffey and Daniels to saying we shouldn't have any expectations for him moving forward is where people lose me (not saying you're doing this, but others in this thread are).

Reaction Score
I feel good about F acey . Think he takes a big step forward, I am seeing 6 and 5 with more solid d. Next year as a junior expect a big jump.

Reaction Score
If he gets a better understanding of the fundamentals like positioning he will find his way into the rotation. Both ends of the court need improvement there but the kid has a nice ceiling and patience and hard work seem to be there. At some point I expect him to be a main piece but to put down a firm when?, can't do it until we see him this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom