Expectations? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Expectations?

Reaction Score
'18-'19 NIT
'19-'20 Last 4 In
'20 and forward - avg. 24 win team and regular in the NCAAs (obviously with a downer here and there)

Hurley with a 2o year career in Storrs. JC 2.0.

Not asking too much ;).

As echoed elsewhere in this thread, there's a very good chance we're worse in '19-'20 than in '18-'19 due to Jalen's departure and the recruiting misses/transfers the last 2 years.

A reasonable set of goals is:
'18-'19 NCAA bubble/NIT.
'19-'20 .500 in conference.
'20-'21 NCAA bubble/double digit seed.
'21-'22 Win conference.

Reaction Score
As echoed elsewhere in this thread, there's a very good chance we're worse in '19-'20 than in '18-'19 due to Jalen's departure and the recruiting misses/transfers the last 2 years.

'18-'19 NCAA bubble/NIT.
'21-'22 Win conference.
This seems like the exact right trajectory.

Reaction Score
I’d rather struggle next year and progress from there on than go 25-5 then struggle going forward. My expectations for next year are pretty simple. No Wagner type losses. Compete every game finish in the top half of the league

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

'18-'19 NCAA bubble/NIT.
'21-'22 Win conference.
Close to my expectations as well depending on what players leave and enter this season.

Based on this thread any predictions on how people react to the above outcome?

Reaction Score
29511677_1667712943308518_8011120245342982539_n.jpg

Reaction Score
I'll keep my expectations modest - finally having them get off the scheid in the Reynolds Center against Tulsa after attending depressing games here for four consecutive years.

Reaction Score
Expectations? I just want to see a team that competes out there on the floor. I want to see a team that has 20 assists a game. I want to see or hear about a team that looks confident out there on the floor. No more jacking up long range shots when you are 2-17. So for first year expectations, 15-18 wins and a total team effort.

Reaction Score
If Hurley doesn't win a National Championship within 5 years he's a bust. Who cares about the making the tournament and loose in the first or second round. That's just as bad as not making the tournament. We set our expectations high at UCONN. Championships or BUST.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
There are too many factors to cite, so I'll keep it simple and focus on the process. I would hope that by the end of the season, the team will be playing tough defense; I want teams to have to earn every bucket off of us like the old UConn teams. Even if we don't have enough talent to score a ton of points the first year or two, I would hope the team can make life miserable on opposing offenses.

Reaction Score
If everyone comes back we will have 7 or 8 players with significant experience together plus one of the best guzrds in the country. Add a decent recruiting class especially if there is a top 100 PG.
Compare that to two guys this year
That the some on the board thought was NCAA caliber . Possibly without the departures and Gilbert injury it might have been. That team if it materialized should be in contention for the AAC title.
Those would have been my expectations regardless of who the coach was . Major teams rarely have that kind of continuity. Hurleys real test is who comes back and who comes in.
Expectations or any predictions without knowing the facts is just gossip.

Reaction Score
Yeah, sorry, that's dumb and not realistic. Further, there's a wide gap between National Championship and losing in the first or second round.

Namely four wins or so.
It's not dumb and it is realistic, Ollie won a National Championship in his second season. I can give a rats if we make the tournament and loose in the first or second round. No one cares about making the tournament and loose in the first or second round. Championships is the only thing that counts. People only remember who won the National championship and not who make the tournament and loose in the first or second round. Again, a Championship in Hurley first 5 years or it's a bust.

Reaction Score
The most impressive thing to me is that he noticed how they all have a lack muscles and physical development. Hopefully, the will all hit the weight room with vigor. I don't have much hope for the current players. None of them looked too happy at the press conference. [No transfer talk, no hoping kids leave.-Love, a Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
It's not dumb and it is realistic, Ollie won a National Championship in his second season. I can give a rats if we make the tournament and loose in the first or second round. No one cares about making the tournament and loose in the first or second round. Championships is the only thing that counts. People only remember who won the National championship and not who make the tournament and loose in the first or second round. Again, a Championship in Hurley first 5 years or it's a bust.

Prime example of how a couple flukey runs produce spoiled fans with moronic expectations. Check the track records of some blue chip programs against your stupid 5 year plan.

Reaction Score
can we ban this guy already? he only came here to defend Ollie and all he's going to do is troll and provoke people now that his boy got canned

Reaction Score
Prime example of how a couple flukey runs produce spoiled fans with moronic expectations. Check the track records of some blue chip programs against your stupid 5 year plan.
The track record says UCONN has won 4 National Championships in 19 years... this averages out to winning a Chip every 4.75 years. Has the the expectations changed?

Reaction Score
can we ban this guy already? he only came here to defend Ollie and all he's going to do is troll and provoke people now that his boy got canned
Dude please, I am just stating my "expectations"

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Interesting post and got Chief thinking about Calhoun’s transition @ UConn of trying to winning every game, to being a tournament team, then Elite 8 and getting to the F4 and winning NC’s all in the same step. Jim adjusted his approach, he told me he tried to make the tournament fun, an opportunity and that took some pressure off and players performed better - were not tight. I also thought of Ed Cooley - is he ever getting past the first tournament weekend or where is Mick Cronin’s ceiling?

I think we've already seen Cronin's ceiling. He puckers up the further his teams advance in the tourney, until he gets so uptight that his team takes on his angst.

Reaction Score
Next year .500 or better. Year after that bubble. Year after that, 2nd round. I also don't expect us to get blown out by 30+. Whatever happens we need to remember the last few years. Hopefully we've bottomed out and we can chip away at becoming a fun team to watch again.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The track record says UCONN has won 4 National Championships in 19 years... this averages out to winning a Chip every 4.75 years. Has the the expectations changed?

Because UConn basketball was invented in 1999?
It took the best program builder 12 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom