Expectations? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Expectations?

Reaction Score
OK - I'll take one shot at this....

You were an advocate of keeping Ollie. Do you really think he was on track to get a Natty next year? That is after all your standard.

Brilliant

Reaction Score
He won the NCAA championship. Most people wait a lifetime for a moment like this and still don't get it
I think getting beat pretty regular by 20-to near 40 points by decent teams is bar lowering last season. We’re talking about a downhill trend, but if that was not the case, why isn’t he still coach?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He won the NCAA championship. Most people wait a lifetime for a moment like this and still don't get it
In some ways waiting so long for it to happen was the best thing for Calhoun because he knew how to value it and not take it for granted; and in that same vein the fact that it happened so quickly for KO seems to have had the opposite effect.

Reaction Score
OK - I'll take one shot at this....

You were an advocate of keeping Ollie. Do you really think he was on track to get a Natty next year? That is after all your standard.
No, I didn't expect him to win a National Championship next year but I did expected him to make a serious run at it. I thought if everyone came back with the exception of Larrier and Cobb and with a healthy Gilbert we would have been fine. The incoming freshman class along with Wilson would have helped. This team played harder last season without Larrier.
If Ollie didn't make tremendous progress next season I may have tried to remove him myself if didn't willingly step down. All considerations, Ollie deserved one more season. He was dealt a bad hand from the beginning. Although he was not too good this past season, he's still the person that out coached a lot of hall of fame coaches his first 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think that whatever the result is Hurley should get a pass until all of KO's players are flushed out of the program and he brings in his own players..

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think that whatever the result is Hurley should get a pass until all of KO's players are flushed out of the program and he brings in his own players..
One gauge of how good a coach he is would be to observe if those players improve.

Reaction Score
Agreed, but I actually expect to see a few players blossum under DH. Some guys will not respond well to the drastic change in culture. Just the nature of the beast. Some guys may surprise us. I can see CV and Kwintin both thriving under DH. I'm hoping Carlton falls in with them. They just seem to have the right attitude. Guy like Cobb? Sometimes they strain if the rules are tight (Toraino). Sometimes they thrive (Caronimo).

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
can we ban this guy already? he only came here to defend Ollie and all he's going to do is troll and provoke people now that his boy got canned
And he can't spell "lose"

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Say what you want but my "expectations" is Hurley must produce a Championship. He's getting paid $19-21 million over 6 years. He better produce a National

What if he was paid $18?

Reaction Score
Hurley had the talent with experience in place . I don’t predict deep runs as that’s stupid with all the varaiables .
But if the only loss is Larrier and the post grads or even throw in the Juco’s
It’s the best returning team in years . 8-9 experienced guys. You essentially have the team that best SMU back only with a year of experience and if the rumors are true a much better work ethic.Throw in a healthy Gilbert and the defense takes a big step forward.
Post seasons play would have been expected from next years team sans major defections , even without a coaching change. It’s not a stretch to expect that from the new guy.
Hurley doen’t get a pass unless there is a wholesale departure. this is UConn we’re not allowed the luxury of rebuilding. Especially in a non rebuilding year.
If Adams and Carlton leave than tempering the expectations might be in order.

Reaction Score
He could do that this year if he so desires.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He could do that this year if he so desires.
He's not going to, though. Don't expect many transfers.

If Jalen's back I bet we win 25 next year.

Reaction Score
If Hurley can find a couple of players that can shoot the ball, next season couold be pretty good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom