Everybody loves dan Hurley except apparently our current recruits | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Everybody loves dan Hurley except apparently our current recruits

Reaction Score
He may get a little carried away at times, but for the most part his opinion is more than reasonable. I don't think he's even arguing for him to have been retained at this point, and neither is GTcam for that matter. The post that started this whole thing was questioning the intelligence of anyone who wanted to play for Ollie. Defending him on that front is, of course, far different than refusing to let go of something.

Carried away, me? Lol. Seriously you’re spot on champs there have been so many posts rehashing things as superjohn would say, but most are acceptable to him because they throw KO under the bus. Mine was certainly in regard to the ignorant post of how short of intelligence a player was who committed to KO must be. Then when I needed to defend myself it did get carried away but hey that happpens when people add to the ignorance.

As you said I am done defending KO for his coaching and I’m moving to Coach Hurley and his staff rather easily. Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is indeed remarkable that someone questions another's intelligence and also thinks it was a good idea to havec written this.

If you are a recruit and were watching the way this program was being run, were watching the way that players were coming and going, were watching what goes on in the games, then yes, I would question your intelligence and decision making ability. Sadly, Kevin showed nothing that would lead one to believe that this program was worth joining. It's just the reality of the situation, and to think otherwise is simply crazy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If you are a recruit and were watching the way this program was being run, were watching the way that players were coming and going, were watching what goes on in the games, then yes, I would question your intelligence and decision making ability. Sadly, Kevin showed nothing that would lead one to believe that this program was worth joining. It's just the reality of the situation, and to think otherwise is simply crazy.
So now NCs equals nothing.

From now on UConn is 3 >1 on Syracuse.

Akinjo has nothing on you.

Reaction Score
Seriously, at this point if a kid is married to the idea of playing for Kevin Ollie and no one else, then you have to question that kid's intelligence.
Na, c'mon. The coach is maybe the biggest consideration for a recruit when choosing a school. I'm sure most kids choose a coach more than a program.

Wouldn't be a matter of wanting to play for KO and no one else, it'd be wanting to play for KO, and now that he's gone, figuring out who you'd most want to play for after KO.

Reaction Score
So now NCs equals nothing.

From now on UConn is 3 >1 on Syracuse.

Akinjo has nothing on you.

That is such a short sighted view of things. Are you honestly of the belief that Ollie was running the program in a way that would give anyone any real confidence in the direction it had headed? That NC doesn't bring a lifetime pass with it, especially as things just plummeted from there. We are light years away from even that sort of "lightning in a bottle" run and changes had to be made. All I am stating here is the obvious. This program became a not so good place in a short amount of time, and hopefully Hurley is the guy to change that.

Reaction Score
Na, c'mon. The coach is maybe the biggest consideration for a recruit when choosing a school. I'm sure most kids choose a coach more than a program.

Wouldn't be a matter of wanting to play for KO and no one else, it'd be wanting to play for KO, and now that he's gone, figuring out who you'd most want to play for after KO.

I agree, I think the coach is the most important part, and certainly the most important factor in the operation of a program. Think about it though, for years, on this board, and others, you would see a recruit select another school. Inevitably, you would see posts wondering why a kid wants to go to "that place" or play for "that coach", with the reasoning being that they would not be developed or be given the tools to succeed. Unfortunately, KO became that guy. For the last few years, we had a revolving door of kids coming and going, and the ones that stayed didn't seem to progress. Pile on the losing, and why would a real gifted kid ever want to sign up for that?

Reaction Score
I guess we'll see how impacting losing the three recruits turns out.

And I can't wait to see the patience the mob has for our new coach.

Reaction Score
I guess we'll see how impacting losing the three recruits turns out.

And I can't wait to see the patience the mob has for our new coach.

One can only hope that people understand that there are never any quick fixes and that every coach needs a few years to get things in the right direction.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"Our current recruits" is an oxymoron.‍

Or is it an oxymoran?

upload_2018-3-30_10-55-42.jpeg

ctchamps

Reaction Score
That is such a short sighted view of things. Are you honestly of the belief that Ollie was running the program in a way that would give anyone any real confidence in the direction it had headed? That NC doesn't bring a lifetime pass with it, especially as things just plummeted from there. We are light years away from even that sort of "lightning in a bottle" run and changes had to be made. All I am stating here is the obvious. This program became a not so good place in a short amount of time, and hopefully Hurley is the guy to change that.
First of all you did not write this in the post I responded to. You said KO did nothing. That's BS. It's a rewrite of events.

I agree with people. The program has spiraled downhill and is in bad shape. I for one really think Akinjo is an underrated recruit. Could he and Sid have turned things around for KO especially if Carlton and JA remain. We'll never know. The evidence doesn't look to be in KO's favor. That doesn't mean KO can't grow and that the worst was behind him. That's a debate no one can resolve because it's not going to happen at UConn.

Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. Certain Uconn fans are furious that their top 100-150 guard has decommited. Then mad today that some unranked big has decommited as well. But the only player you would want in URI’s class is the top 70 player and not the top 100-150 guard? Or the two others guys that are fringe top 150 players? Perspective has been lost on this board.
These are the last holdouts of the Guve Ollie Another Year Brigade. If UConn is good next year, they’ll be posting that Ollie would have done the same. If not it will be “See Hurley isn’t that good.” They’ll be like those Japanese soldiers the occasionally found hiding on some remote island into the late 1970’s. As UConn hoists its next National Championship banner, they’ll find some way to credit Ollie.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They’ll be like those Japanese soldiers the occasionally found hiding on some remote island into the late 1970’s. As UConn hoists its next National Championship banner, they’ll find some way to credit Ollie.

Well, people still gave credit to Calhoun for 2014 too. People will grab on to whatever to push their narrative.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
These are the last holdouts of the Guve Ollie Another Year Brigade. If UConn is good next year, they’ll be posting that Ollie would have done the same. If not it will be “See Hurley isn’t that good.” They’ll be like those Japanese soldiers the occasionally found hiding on some remote island into the late 1970’s. As UConn hoists its next National Championship banner, they’ll find some way to credit Ollie.

Who do you give credit to for the 2014 banner? The world would like to know.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I’m with you. Credit for a NC should go to the guy who’s coaching the team at the time of the achievement.

None of this “It was JC’s players”. 2014 is all KO. If Hurley wins and any of KO’s recruits play a role it’s all Hurley’s.

Right now it’s KO>DH with 1>0. Hope that we can someday reverse this with DH>KO with n>1.

I just wish you posted your feelings the past two seasons in support of KO’s championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom