Everybody loves dan Hurley except apparently our current recruits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Everybody loves dan Hurley except apparently our current recruits

Reaction Score
Waiting on coaching decision at URI. If Cox gets HC job then recruits most likely stay. If he doesnt DH could bring Cox here as his associate head coach and then the door is open for recruits to come. I think only one worth while from boneyard discussion is Harris the 4* PF.

So let me get this straight. Certain Uconn fans are furious that their top 100-150 guard has decommited. Then mad today that some unranked big has decommited as well. But the only player you would want in URI’s class is the top 70 player and not the top 100-150 guard? Or the two others guys that are fringe top 150 players? Perspective has been lost on this board.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. Certain Uconn fans are furious that their top 100-150 guard has decommited. Then mad today that some unranked big has decommited as well. But the only player you would want in URI’s class is the top 70 player and not the top 100-150 guard? Or the two others guys that are fringe top 150 players? Perspective has been lost on this board.

We regularly recruit a higher level player than you.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Because the ratings are really fuzzy at that point.

We'd rather have some stud guards, which Hurley will be able to get here. We don't need project guards.

Our one prior PG commit is apparently very underrated, and he's proving that by getting offers from a lot of quality schools since his decommittment (Zona, Indiana, UVA, Maryland, Texas, Georgetown, Baylor, Cal, Coloroda, etc etc) And he's a 4star fwiw.

We've got a ton of serviceable bigs, so a well rated on is the only guy we'd really want to keep.

Reaction Score

I also said I think since I was mostly posting a general quick summary for the previous poster.

Harris's name came up the most and maybe one other guy. (Recruits that could get out of their NLI and play immediately. Not guys currently enrolled that would have to sit out a year.)

But if you think uri has 4 players that could possibly come here, I'm sure a thread with all their names, stats and highlight videos in one place would be welcomed if your going to put in the work to educate us on your superior perspective...

Reaction Score
Because the ratings are really fuzzy at that point.

We'd rather have some stud guards, which Hurley will be able to get here. We don't need project guards.

Our one prior PG commit is apparently very underrated, and he's proving that by getting offers from a lot of quality schools since his decommittment (Zona, Indiana, UVA, Maryland, Texas, Georgetown, Baylor, Cal, Coloroda, etc etc) And he's a 4star fwiw.

We've got a ton of serviceable bigs, so a well rated on is the only guy we'd really want to keep.

Could be a Coloroda Buffola :oops:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Your program is so inferior to ours I don’t know why I’m even dignifying you with a response.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What I am learning from this thread:

Akinjo decommitted and if you liked Kevin Ollie you had to be a crappy basketball player.

I’m all caught up now.

Hey Mau
Figured that one out??? LOL!!!!

I've read during the tournament some say UConn should have players like URI and now some are arguing with URI posters that URI players aren't good enough for DH or UConn
The 3 recruits who recanted on UConn were good for UConn in one way or another, now that they aren't coming they aren't good enough for DH or UConn but ok for KO
Fully understand that UConn and URI are not on the same level but then again, DH hasn't recruited at that level
Glad it appears Tom Moore is returning because he is a vet at recruiting at this level and hoping that DH's dad can lend a hand at reaching out to some of these 4* kids. If that happens I am quite sure that DH can instill his work ethic and meld them into an up-tempo team that he is talking about. That would be fun
Not certain like quite a few here ascertain but very hopeful. First, he needs the horses so let's get out and rope them in.

its crap like this that pisses me off:
if a kid is married to the idea of playing for Kevin Ollie and no one else, then you have to question that kid's intelligence

Reaction Score
Hey Mau
Figured that one out??? LOL!!!!

I've read during the tournament some say UConn should have players like URI and now some are arguing with URI posters that URI players aren't good enough for DH or UConn
The 3 recruits who recanted on UConn were good for UConn in one way or another, now that they aren't coming they aren't good enough for DH or UConn but ok for KO
Fully understand that UConn and URI are not on the same level but then again, DH hasn't recruited at that level
Glad it appears Tom Moore is returning because he is a vet at recruiting at this level and hoping that DH's dad can lend a hand at reaching out to some of these 4* kids. If that happens I am quite sure that DH can instill his work ethic and meld them into an up-tempo team that he is talking about. That would be fun
Not certain like quite a few here ascertain but very hopeful. First, he needs the horses so let's get out and rope them in.

its crap like this that pisses me off:
if a kid is married to the idea of playing for Kevin Ollie and no one else, then you have to question that kid's intelligence
Kevin Ollie is no longer UConn's basketball coach, get over it.

Reaction Score
From a purely basketball standpoint: I can't believe there are real, mostly-developed humans that worry about whether Kevin Ollie recruits are coming to play basketball at UConn next year.

I can't believe you're alive and here on Earth.

Reaction Score
From a purely basketball standpoint: I can't believe there are real, mostly-developed humans that worry about whether Kevin Ollie recruits are coming to play basketball at UConn next year.

there are plenty of idiots on this board. nothing surprises me anymore

Reaction Score

I can’t believe the morans who have such a hard time with people offering their opinion on a kid who wanted to be a Husky!

Lol this place is so fd up.

Reaction Score
Oh crap superjohn has spoken stop talking about the ex-coach, unless you’re mentioning how much he sucked for the last 3 years that’s acceptable.
Had to listen to you for a year throwing tantrums whenever people told you Ollie was in way over his head. Figured once he was fired you, gtcam, and others would knock it off. Haven't mentioned Ollie since his firing other than to say, move on.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Meh, I'm worried about a PG decommiting for sure.

Our situation is kinda frightening right now. We have three guards. Adams is not guaranteed to come back; probably will but all it takes is one agent or GM to bark in his ear. There's no guarantee that AG makes it through a season.

There's a concievable scenario where Adams leaves, AG gets hurt, and we would be left with 1 guard and no pg.

Obviously I expect them to fill a position, whether it's a young guy or grad transfer or two, but we still aren't in the best of spots at guard right now.

Reaction Score
I can’t believe the morans who have such a hard time with people offering their opinion on a kid who wanted to be a Husky!

Lol this place is so fd up.

Your fanny pack is drooping.

Reaction Score
These were Chill’s Blaze guys - wouldn’t be shocked if one or two follow him somewhere.
Just one Blaze recruit left - Sid Wilson - I was told he is staying. I think the difference is he’s actually been at UConn for a year. Hurley name has meaning since he’s a NY Metro guy,
Is there a list of schools and a real or likely next destination for Chill?
I’d guess so, but would also guess it might take longer than recruits have.

Reaction Score
Meh, I'm worried about a PG decommiting for sure.

Our situation is kinda frightening right now. We have three guards. Adams is not guaranteed to come back; probably will but all it takes is one agent or GM to bark in his ear. There's no guarantee that AG makes it through a season.

There's a concievable scenario where Adams leaves, AG gets hurt, and we would be left with 1 guard and no pg.

Obviously I expect them to fill a position, whether it's a young guy or grad transfer or two, but we still aren't in the best of spots at guard right now.

Well, the year after coaching catastrophes tend to go like that.

That's why people try to avoid them.

But there's also a little bit of a toughness problem in this program, too. The majority of the blame - like 70% of it - rested on Ollie's shoulders. The kids shared their fair share, too though. Hurley was pretty direct. We'll find out who wants to be great. He's always run and will continue to run a program that's not for everybody. That's a good thing. Time for the kids to be accountable. A couple will step up and thrive. A couple will find their way. A couple will go through the motions and sit on the bench next year. And some will quit/leave or decide not to come at all.

And then onwards and upwards with whatcha got that works.

Reaction Score
Had to listen to you for a year throwing tantrums whenever people told you Ollie was in way over his head. Figured once he was fired you, gtcam, and others would knock it off. Haven't mentioned Ollie since his firing other than to say, move on.

Like or not it’s still here, the crap he left and some players who will still wear the uni for the new Coach Hurley. His name will come up and I hope it bothers you every time it does. While I was hoping somehow he wasn’t over his head and hoping the team I love won games you were patting yourself on the back as they lost games. If you’re proud of that congrats to you that makes you quite the man.

Oh and I will move on when I feel like it not when you tell me that’s for sure.

Reaction Score
Why hasn't Hurley landed a 5 star yet????? What is this guy doing? Has he even moved into Ollie's office yet??

Reaction Score
Like or not it’s still here, the crap he left and some players who will still wear the uni for the new Coach Hurley. His name will come up and I hope it bothers you every time it does. While I was hoping somehow he wasn’t over his head and hoping the team I love won games you were patting yourself on the back as they lost games. If you’re proud of that congrats to you that makes you quite the man.

Oh and I will move on when I feel like it not when you tell me that’s for sure.
You're really honorable with your constant trashing of college kids, good look.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom