Everybody loves dan Hurley except apparently our current recruits | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Everybody loves dan Hurley except apparently our current recruits

Reaction Score
You're really honorable with your constant trashing of college kids, good look.

Nice comeback sj, you’re a fraud. With that agenda of yours you haven’t even talked about actual basketball what would you know.

Reaction Score
Why hasn't Hurley landed a 5 star yet????? What is this guy doing? Has he even moved into Ollie's office yet??
What's crazy in all of this is my resentment towards Ollie and the past staff has grown in the week since Hurley was hired.

Reaction Score
Like or not it’s still here, the crap he left and some players who will still wear the uni for the new Coach Hurley. His name will come up and I hope it bothers you every time it does. While I was hoping somehow he wasn’t over his head and hoping the team I love won games you were patting yourself on the back as they lost games. If you’re proud of that congrats to you that makes you quite the man.

Oh and I will move on when I feel like it not when you tell me that’s for sure.
You're out of control, dude. Relax.

Reaction Score
What's crazy in all of this is my resentment towards Ollie and the past staff has grown in the week since Hurley was hired.

Personally I couldn't wish a single, bad thing on the guy, ever.

But I'm not surprised people snapped out of things quick with only a few basic views and interactions with a guy who actually knows what he's doing. I've said it a million times - it's going to be borderline hilarious when Hurley gets 20-25 wins pretty easily with Ollie's guys *assuming* he can get the majority of them back. I think it's going to hit people like a brick and if you think that backlash was bad now, I'd bet my life there's some 'Can you believe how bad Kevin Ollie actually was' thread circulating around Bone Yard in a few months to recap it all.

Reaction Score
Lets see how well Hurley recruits before we anoint him a savior. If the 3 players who decommitted aren't good enough it is on his shoulders now to bring in players that are better. He seems to have the energy to get it done and maybe he has a plan. I hope so.

Reaction Score

But I'm not surprised people snapped out of things quick with only a few basic views and interactions with a guy who actually knows what he's doing. I've said it a million times - it's going to be borderline hilarious when Hurley gets 20-25 wins pretty easily with Ollie's guys *assuming* he can get the majority of them back. I think it's going to hit people like a brick and if you think that backlash was bad now, I'd bet my life there's some 'Can you believe how bad Kevin Ollie actually was' thread circulating around Bone Yard in a few months to recap it all.
For the record, I don't wish a bad thing on the guy and I hope he finds himself. I resent the job that he did.

Reaction Score
For the record, I don't wish a bad thing on the guy and I hope he finds himself. I resent the job that he did.
Nobody does, he just was in way over his head running this program. No reason to rehash since he will never step foot on a court coaching here again. Clean break, it's Dan Hurley's team and he wants to bring in his own recruits.

Reaction Score
Some RI posters think all of their recruits stay if Cox is given the job, otherwise, Cox (and the recruiting class) follow Dan to UConn.
I think if they pull the trigger on Pitino, they probably all stay, plus he gets more....

Reaction Score
Nobody does, he just was in way over his head running this program. No reason to rehash since he will never step foot on a court coaching here again. Clean break, it's Dan Hurley's team and he wants to bring in his own recruits.

It's basically where i'm at.

There's going to be a gaggle of old timers and hangers on from the 'family' so to speak that are basically cheerleaders that are really angry their dream scenario didn't work out (I'm upset it didn't, too) - and they're just going to be slower in getting with the program. I watched UMass can Derek Kellogg - and not only was he a Calipari guy, but he was local to boot and and alum - and it didn't go well with a lot of the long time alums/Caliapari holdovers (they're STILL there). McColl came in with a team basically put together out of scotch tape (Duct tape is for premium programs like Uconn) and a backup QB from a bad D1 football team on his roster and they weren't embarrassing. And they beat some teams they shouldn't have. And all the people who hated the Kellogg firing got on board pretty quick. But the roster was mostly a mess. That's how these things go when someone nukes your program. There isn't an easy way out. I mean if you want a No Escalators moment - THIS, RIGHT HERE - this a *real* no escalators moment. You don't have the choice to take one if you want to.

So next year - I mean it's gonna be what it's gonna be. It's gonna depend on returners. There'll be a few pieces brought in to bridge a gap. 1 or 2 transfers to make sure we have a decent collective around his first freshman recruiting class in 19-20.... and then it's off to the races from there depending on how things go. But this'll take a year or two just to stabilize the roster and get it to a point where you can add talent...

Reaction Score
You're out of control, dude. Relax.

He may get a little carried away at times, but for the most part his opinion is more than reasonable. I don't think he's even arguing for him to have been retained at this point, and neither is GTcam for that matter. The post that started this whole thing was questioning the intelligence of anyone who wanted to play for Ollie. Defending him on that front is, of course, far different than refusing to let go of something.

Reaction Score

But they’ll say DH only accomplished that with Ollie’s guys

Reaction Score
There's going to be a gaggle of old timers and hangers on from the 'family' so to speak that are basically cheerleaders that are really angry their dream scenario didn't work out (I'm upset it didn't, too) - and they're just going to be slower in getting with the program. I watched UMass can Derek Kellogg - and not only was he a Calipari guy, but he was local to boot and and alum - and it didn't go well with a lot of the long time alums/Caliapari holdovers (they're STILL there). McColl came in with a team basically put together out of scotch tape (Duct tape is for premium programs like Uconn) and a backup QB from a bad D1 football team on his roster and they weren't embarrassing. And they beat some teams they shouldn't have. And all the people who hated the Kellogg firing got on board pretty quick. But the roster was mostly a mess. That's how these things go when someone nukes your program. There isn't an easy way out. I mean if you want a No Escalators moment - THIS, RIGHT HERE - this a *real* no escalators moment. You don't have the choice to take one if you want to.

So next year - I mean it's gonna be what it's gonna be. It's gonna depend on returners. There'll be a few pieces brought in to bridge a gap. 1 or 2 transfers to make sure we have a decent collective around his first freshman recruiting class in 19-20.... and then it's off to the races from there depending on how things go. But this'll take a year or two just to stabilize the roster and get it to a point where you can add talent...
Good post

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
its crap like this that pisses me off:
if a kid is married to the idea of playing for Kevin Ollie and no one else, then you have to question that kid's intelligence
It is indeed remarkable that someone questions another's intelligence and also thinks it was a good idea to havec written this.

Reaction Score
I also said I think since I was mostly posting a general quick summary for the previous poster.

Harris's name came up the most and maybe one other guy. (Recruits that could get out of their NLI and play immediately. Not guys currently enrolled that would have to sit out a year.)
But if you think uri has 4 players that could possibly come here, I'm sure a thread with all their names, stats and highlight videos in one place would be welcomed if your going to put in the work to educate us on your superior perspective...

Here's the list with their rankings. You can probably find their videos on Rivals.
Rhode Island 2018 Basketball Commits

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Meh, I'm worried about a PG decommiting for sure.

Our situation is kinda frightening right now. We have three guards. Adams is not guaranteed to come back; probably will but all it takes is one agent or GM to bark in his ear. There's no guarantee that AG makes it through a season.

There's a concievable scenario where Adams leaves, AG gets hurt, and we would be left with 1 guard and no pg.

Obviously I expect them to fill a position, whether it's a young guy or grad transfer or two, but we still aren't in the best of spots at guard right now.

The situation was already frightening. Ollie put this program in a very bad place and everyone should just be ready for some hard times while it is gotten back in order.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom