ESPN on Precious Achiuwa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN on Precious Achiuwa

Reaction Score
Hopefully! I think Carlton as a junior would be better than Wahab as a freshman. So if passing on Wahab means targeting precious, then going after a big man for 2020, sounds good to me!
I like your way of thinking

Reaction Score
Serious question; Why were UConn coaches 3 deep at his recent games if we are totally out of it? You’ve been pretty dead on over the years but wondering what you know that the staff doesn’t apparently know.

Might be fighting the tide or perhaps they are being misled. Or Zionn is misinformed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The idea that a message board fan who is almost undoubtedly getting his information from a booster or a low level staffer knows more than the head coach is something else. I do think he goes to UNC.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The idea that a message board fan who is almost undoubtedly getting his information from a booster or a low level staffer knows more than the head coach is something else. I do think he goes to UNC.

So you agree with him but you disparage him... confused.

Reaction Score
So you agree with him but you disparage him... confused.

I am not presenting my guess as a fact. Zionn's "next" has an perfect track record. But this seems more like a well educated guess. I find the idea that he knows better than Hurley pretty silly. Maybe Hurley is just a fan of Precious and is watching him for fun.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I am not presenting my guess as a fact. Zionn's "next" has an perfect track record. But this seems more like a well educated guess. I find the idea that he knows better than Hurley pretty silly. Maybe Hurley is just a fan of Precious and is watching him for fun.

Hurley could be fighting a losing battle who knows but Zionn's track record speaks for itself.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Not happening.....

Grim-reaper.jpg

Reaction Score
Not happening.....
So if I'm understanding this correctly:

Hurley and his staff are wasting their nights in a high school gym still recruiting him.
Precious is not telling them he has no interest in UConn.
Precious is telling others he has no interest in UConn
Those others or extensions of those others are where Zionn is getting his information.

Am I missing something?

Reaction Score
I seriously doubt it's an educated guess, I would assume somebody told him he isn't coming here.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I seriously doubt it's an educated guess, I would assume somebody told him he isn't coming here.
But neglected to tell the guy who is paid millions to have this information. Not saying he’s wrong but he should share that sh it with Dan.

Reaction Score
But neglected to tell the guy who is paid millions to have this information. Not saying he’s wrong but he should share that sh it with Dan.

Zionn is wrong or Hurley is a dumb . I'll hope for the former.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just named as a McD's AA
Great for him but that may make the recruitment road a bit bumpier but in reality he was probably already considered to be that designation.

Reaction Score
I agree it's strange.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So if I'm understanding this correctly:

Hurley and his staff are wasting their nights in a high school gym still recruiting him.
Precious is not telling them he has no interest in UConn.
Precious is telling others he has no interest in UConn
Those others or extensions of those others are where Zionn is getting his information.

Am I missing something?

Are head coaches infallible evaluators of their own standing with recruits? The last two years here beg to differ.

It's not unheard of for recruits/their camps to be less than forthright with coaches either.

Reaction Score
Are head coaches infallible evaluators of their own standing with recruits? The last two years here beg to differ.

It's not unheard of for recruits/their camps to be less than forthright with coaches either.

I think and hope the last 2 years were an anomaly. It was actually a joke by the end with how misinformed the staff was. I would have expected Kimani to be as plugged into PA's recruitment as anyone considering he was the director of his AAU program for 7 years.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think and hope the last 2 years were an anomaly. It was actually a joke by the end with how misinformed the staff was. I would have expected Kimani to be as plugged into PA's recruitment as anyone considering he was the director of his AAU program for 7 years.

I would hope so too. Hurley also seems like the guy who would hear that a recruit had moved on and just keep grinding (cringe).

Reaction Score
Hurley’s been involved in recruiting on the college side for 12 plus years. He knows the deal. The Hoophall Classic games had good players all over the place, and it’s never a bad idea to keep up relationships with Montverde and New Heights people.

Reaction Score
Hurley’s been involved in recruiting on the college side for 12 plus years. He knows the deal. The Hoophall Classic games had good players all over the place, and it’s never a bad idea to keep up relationships with Montverde and New Heights people.
That’s true

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom