ESPN announcement for Jones? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

ESPN announcement for Jones?

Reaction Score
I'm convinced it's Stanford.

The @StanfordWBB twitter account has 17,000 followers and only follows 185 people, all of which are coaches at Stanford or alumni or active players or verbals. They do not follow any recruits. They followed Haley Jones this week.

Haley AGAIN this morning favorited another tweet by StanfordWBB which was a 4 minute video introducing the freshman at Stanford. This comes after favorite each of the 3 tweets about the signees.
Sure, she favorited tweets about Tennessee/Washington/Oregon State commitments, but those were of people she played with who verballed, etc (take note, none of those schools are under her consideration and not a single tweet favorited that came from any of the other 4 finalists' WBB account in the last few days).

I agree that she is lock to go to Stanford. I honestly think her mind was made up from the beginning and none of the other schools really stood a chance.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So if Jones and Boston come to UCONN does this become the new #1 class?
Probably not.
Per ESPN:
UCONN would have #1, 3 & 33.
SC would has 7, 10 & 13.
SC is also still in the mix for #9-Rickea Jackson. South Carolina's #10 was formerly #2 before getting hurt.

Reaction Score
If Jones and Boston(which I don't think will happen) commit to UConn there is no chance that Coombs starts.
ONO is taking Collier's place next season, so in my mind KLS's spot is the only one up for grabs next year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As good as Jones is, 15 players on the team will still impact individual coaching time and PT. Note that one of Stanford's incoming recruits is talented 6"1" Fran Belibi from CO, #23 on Hoopgurlz. Jones is better of course, but she will still have to battle for minutes against another talented wing in her own class if she heads to Stanford, not to mention the 11 returning players from this years team.
As for UConn, while I would be reluctant to say this about most incoming freshmen, I would be surprised if Haley did not crack UConn's starting lineup from Day 1 next season.
Haley Jones is a Day 1 starter regardless of which school she chooses and yes that includes UCONN.
Offensively you can plug into positions 2-4 seamlessly and style of play will not be an issue. Defensively she can defend 1-4 effortlessly.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
ONO is taking Collier's place next season, so in my mind KLS's spot is the only one up for grabs next year.
Then ONO is going to have to pick things up because as of right now she IS NOT Napheesa's backup. Kyla and Batouly have played more minutes and Boston will also be on board next year-allegedly!

Reaction Score
Then ONO is going to have to pick things up because as of right now she IS NOT Napheesa's backup. Kyla and Batouly have played more minutes and Boston will also be on board next year-allegedly!
Yes but hopefully with a year under her belt she will be a suitable replacement. Neither Kyla nor Batouly were born with the athletic gifts that ONO was which is why I'm leaning towards her making the starting line up over anyone currently on the bench. If you're not a starter this year, it's unlikely you ever will be. Geno is just recruiting talent like crazy with the number of top 5 recruits he's been able to bring in over the last 6-7 years.

Reaction Score
Well if you’re 60+ you should know that Stanford isn’t in So. Calif. :cool:
Thanks. Fixed. Lived in SF for a while...and most considered anything "south of the City"... as ... South... but the point is still valid...comparing Stanford weather with UCONN... ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes but hopefully with a year under her belt she will be a suitable replacement. Neither Kyla nor Batouly were born with the athletic gifts that ONO was which is why I'm leaning towards her making the starting line up over anyone currently on the bench. If you're not a starter this year, it's unlikely you ever will be. Geno is just recruiting talent like crazy with the number of top 5 recruits he's been able to bring in over the last 6-7 years.
That's not accurate.
ONO is a Freshmen. Three (Crystal, Megan, & Napheesa) of 5 starters were not starters as Freshmen.

Reaction Score

ONO for all of her inexperience is already far more impactful then Kyla or Batouly............she blocked one shot and altered two in the space of three minutes in the last game..........once she relaxes and figures out her place on the floor she's not coming out............if UConn is fortunate enough to get Boston then a Boston, ONO, Walker front court seems pretty likely.................if Jones comes too then what a wonderful problem Geno will have to solve.........

Reaction Score
If Dorf gets this right, he's a Boneyard legend.
If Dorf gets this wrong, he's Kent Dorfman, 100% rayon, clip-on tie-wearing Faber freshman and Delta House Flounder.
Maybe I missed something, but all I’ve seen is Dorf says Boston is a lock - not Boston AND Jones.... ??

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maybe I missed something, but all I’ve seen is Dorf says Boston is a lock - not Boston AND Jones.... ??
He said Horston would not pick UConn and Jones would not announce on the 15th.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Dorf, Dorf
Who will morph
Into a UConn star?

Boston, you say
And Jones, OK!
Let`s add Griffin, too
Give her her due!

Trust the sage
Then wait for Paige

And to a team so jazzy
Along comes Azzi

(Well, we can all hope!)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is my 1st post here though I have been reading the Boneyard for years. Nice to get some information from all corners. Born and raised in Bpt, CT and a big UCONN fan. But I am NOT a Kool-aid guy. So sometimes I scratch my head at what Geno has been doing the last few years. Criticizing Williams after game 1 (?) for deferring too much? I thought she played well in the flow (UCONN trademark!) and let the sr's lead . As she should have. Recruiting: You guys realize there are 3 uncommitted players left in the ESPN Top 100??? Better hope Boston and Jones sign w/UConn. Better hope they stick around. If you only bring in 3 players a year they better all be good and stay IF you want UConn to be UConn. UConn has 11 players this season. 4 of those 11 cannot help much at this point. Maybe they get better. Someone gets hurt and you are pretty much done.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Dorf, Dorf
Who will morph
Into a UConn star?

Boston, you say
And Jones, OK!
Let`s add Griffin, too
Give her her due!

Trust the sage
Then wait for Paige

And to a team so jazzy
Along comes Azzi

(Well, we can all hope!)
Follow poet, follow right to the bottom of the night. And with your unconstraining voice. still persuade us to rejoice! :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Dorf, Dorf
Who will morph
Into a UConn star?

Boston, you say
And Jones, OK!
Let`s add Griffin, too
Give her her due!

Trust the sage
Then wait for Paige

And to a team so jazzy
Along comes Azzi

(Well, we can all hope!)
Primetime rhyme. Ok fine. I'll get in line. If Dorf ends up right about all of this I nominate Dorf president for life.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think it's as simple as that. Remember that we lost an even better class - Stewie, Tuck and Mo - brought in only one freshman who played - Crystal - and that team won 36 straight games and came a bounce away from going undefeated and winning it all. If Jones and Boston commit to UConn, next year's team would have the best point guard in the country, and Megan, ONO, CW, along with Coombs, Jones, Boston and Griffin. That's a young team, but a pretty talented one. Think Geno might be able to do something with that.

UConn lost in the semi final to MS St. Still would've had to win the final. Every year there are more talented HS players. Women's bball looks like it is where Men's bball was in the 60's when talent spread out and UCLA no longer dominated. I dont know that the '19 team you mentioned would be top 5. Geno would need to more quickly develop and play freshmen. something he hasnt done since KLS.

Reaction Score
Per article .. my take... academics very inportant to her: Stanford beats out UCONN. Bond with teammates give the edge if Boston commits to UCONN: edge UCONN... Coach to push her to be the best .. Edge to UCONN. I think it’s a toss up.. the closeness to home might end up being the factor and Stanford wins out with Haley!!! Boston is a must get for Geno and company!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom