ESPN announcement for Jones? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

ESPN announcement for Jones?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So if Jones and Boston come to UCONN does this become the new #1 class?

I would say THAT depends on one's point of view. Some would say yes, others, no. I can assure you that if both do sign on with UConn, the fan base will be extremely happy, and rightfully so. They won't care what or who the other programs have, they got the two recruits they wanted. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She's a teenager. At this point, I wouldn't read too much into who she likes or who she follows on social media. It'll drive you insane if she does. Though, if it makes UConn fans feel any better, Stanford announced their class this morning sans Jones...
Good to see you, Saki!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Please don't whiff. We enjoy the accuracy of your posts. :)
Add to that , we already have more than enough idiots! ;):p It is said that it takes one to know one, so now you know!

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I would say THAT depends on one's point of view. Some would say yes, others, no. I can assure you that if both do sign on with UConn, the fan base will be extremely happy, and rightfully so. They won't care what or who the other programs have, they got the two recruits they wanted. :D
I would amend that to read, "...they got the three recruits they wanted" Ms Griffin has already signed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree she will play as a freshman wherever she goes, but with Lou and Pheesa graduating, I see her starting right away. Not sure that situation exists at Stanford.
If we get Aliyah and Haley, here's my way-too-early prediction on the starting lineup for NEXT year:

Crystal
Megan
Christyn
Haley
Olivia or Aliyah

That's a young group, but highly elite group.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If we get Aliyah and Haley, here's my way-too-early prediction on the starting lineup for NEXT year:

Crystal
Megan
Christyn
Haley
Olivia or Aliyah

Milford, I’m not gonna let you get away with that lineup. You’ve got to pick one: Liv or Aliyah? :cool:

Reaction Score

Crystal
Megan
Christyn
Haley
Olivia or Aliyah

that's just too good to be possible...............reality check!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Me too. It's a good bet that Geno mentioned this to her (and her parents) more than once during their face to face conversations during her recent campus visit. :rolleyes: She knows UConn will have a glaring opening at the position she plays next year with no one currently on the bench poised to fill it.

She can become a starter early on if she can come in and grasp enough of the program's basics to function (and flow) within the unit. I think it's safe to say that Geno will need both of them to start next year, using his OJT learning format for freshmen. ;)
I'm sure her parents know Belibi and Jump as they have both played with Jones. Belibi plays a different position and Jump might be the least athletic wing at a power 5 school. Yes, all power 5 schools. Jump and Brunelle should be praying she doesn't go with the stronger education or it will be a long four years for either of them.

Reaction Score
Concur.... because
a. Dorf says it's so
b. We are not 17 or 18 year old women basketball players... We [I'm 60+] may want the sun and nice weather of So. Calif (i.e., Stanford), but Hayley has "been there, done that"... and who knows, maybe like KLM and KLS she wants to try it on her own away from home, and play for the best program and best coach that still provides a top quality education.
c. It's deja vu all over again... remember last year... 0 commits until really late in the process...and we got #1 and #5... I feel the same angst I felt last year and hope it ends the same way again.
Well if you’re 60+ you should know that Stanford isn’t in So. Calif. :cool:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I'm thinking of changing my handle to "Friend of Dorf." :D
That is good, but might I suggest Confidante of Dorf. It would lend you a certain panache! A certain air of savoir faire, so to speak. Not that you are not already panachey enough. But who could not use a little more? ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That is good, but might I suggest Confidante of Dorf. It would lend you a certain panache! A certain air of savoir faire, so to speak. Not that you are not already panachey enough. But who could not use a little more? ;)
Does "Panachey Enough" have a nice ring? ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Milford, I’m not gonna let you get away with that lineup. You’ve got to pick one: Liv or Aliyah? :cool:
Hmmmm. I'd prefer to see Liv for a few more months to decide. Based on the OSU game, I'd say that Aliyah starts, but I have confidence in Liv. She could be really good by February/March.

So, how does a starting lineup of 2 freshmen, 1 sophomore, 1 junior, and 1 senior sound? With 2 of the first 4 off the bench a sophomore and a freshman?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hmmmm. I'd prefer to see Liv for a few more months to decide. Based on the OSU game, I'd say that Aliyah starts, but I have confidence in Liv. She could be really good by February/March.

So, how does a starting lineup of 2 freshmen, 1 sophomore, 1 junior, and 1 senior sound? With 2 of the first 4 off the bench a sophomore and a freshman?
So you would have 3 #1’s & 2 #3’s starting, with #5 coming off the bench. Sounds pretty damned good to me.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Crystal
Megan
Christyn
Haley
Olivia or Aliyah

Coombs will start and star next season.

Reaction Score
Absolutely and unequivocally yes! (Regardless of these silly quantity-weighted ranking algorithms)
I'm always surprised at how many people actually pay attention to these "guru's" rankings. The only classes that I consider "top classes" are the ones that go out and perform and win at the college level. If they don't, the high ranking was meaningless.

Reaction Score
I'm convinced it's Stanford.

The @StanfordWBB twitter account has 17,000 followers and only follows 185 people, all of which are coaches at Stanford or alumni or active players or verbals. They do not follow any recruits. They followed Haley Jones this week.

Haley AGAIN this morning favorited another tweet by StanfordWBB which was a 4 minute video introducing the freshman at Stanford. This comes after favorite each of the 3 tweets about the signees.
Sure, she favorited tweets about Tennessee/Washington/Oregon State commitments, but those were of people she played with who verballed, etc (take note, none of those schools are under her consideration and not a single tweet favorited that came from any of the other 4 finalists' WBB account in the last few days).

Reaction Score
I'm convinced it's Stanford.

The @StanfordWBB twitter account has 17,000 followers and only follows 185 people, all of which are coaches at Stanford or alumni or active players or verbals. They do not follow any recruits. They followed Haley Jones this week.

Haley AGAIN this morning favorited another tweet by StanfordWBB which was a 4 minute video introducing the freshman at Stanford. This comes after favorite each of the 3 tweets about the signees.
Sure, she favorited tweets about Tennessee/Washington/Oregon State commitments, but those were of people she played with who verballed, etc (take note, none of those schools are under her consideration and not a single tweet favorited that came from any of the other 4 finalists' WBB account in the last few days).
That's probably the smart money bet. Let's see... one of the best educations you could get in the entire world, check. Close to home, check. Legendary coach, check. Nice weather and campus, check. Not to mention being in Silicon Valley has a few benefits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom