Ernest Jones resigns | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ernest Jones resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
IMO it's absurd not to be a little skeptical.

Of course, especially when the news includes the statement that Jones wants to"pursue other opportunities that facilitate and suit his family." It doesn't mean that it's a bad thing, and I wish the guy all the best...

Reaction Score
IMO it's absurd not to be a little skeptical.

Absolutely agree. And it will be telling, IMO, how quickly Coach Jones lands a job. In Coach Diaco's quote he stated Coach Jones would, "focus on private family matters and pursue other opportunities that facilitate and suit his family.”

The skeptic in me might think that Coach Jones was surprised at the backlash, and began putting out feelers to institutions. My guess is he already has a position lined up. And I completely understand I am speculating, as everyone else here is.

Reaction Score
Its the politically correct thing to say, and we seem to have learned that the pc thing to say is the way to go at uconn. smh

Or it could be that Coach Jones told Coach Diaco that he was leaving for family/personal reasons, even though that was not the reason.

Reaction Score
Did I say something to offend you? Or is it too much of a stretch to think that when the quote is "entirely family and personally related", to speculate to what the "personally" means? Like 99% of the people on this thread have already...

EDIT: It should go without saying, but I'll say it anyways, that I wish the guy the best. I've defended him in other threads, and I thought that he was going to do well here. Just to put my comments in the proper perspective.

Why do you need to speculate when he told you it was unrelated? Do you really need to behave like a teenage gossip queen, making up to create drama. I was only pointing out that sometimes the story is exactly as stated.

Stop being so damn sensitive you made a statement on a public forum and when someone responds in opposition you take the oh whoa-is-me I defended him stance! Who cares what your position was on the other matter, it doesn't justify speculating on this one.

Reaction Score
The skeptic in me might think that Coach Jones was surprised at the backlash, and began putting out feelers to institutions. My guess is he already has a position lined up. And I completely understand I am speculating, as everyone else here is.

I have no idea if he was putting out feelers or has anything lined up, but I do believe that he was surprised at the backlash, and that the backlash led to his resignation whether his boss wants to admit it publicly or not.

Reaction Score
I have no idea if he was putting out feelers or has anything lined up, but I do believe that he was surprised at the backlash, and that the backlash led to his resignation whether his boss wants to admit it publicly or not.

And the skeptic in me also would not be surprised if Coach D knows that as well.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Why do you need to speculate when he told you it was unrelated? Do you really need to behave like a teenage gossip queen, making up to create drama. I was only pointing out that sometimes the story is exactly as stated.

Stop being so damn sensitive you made a statement on a public forum and when someone responds in opposition you take the oh whoa-is-me I defended him stance! Who cares what your position was on the other matter, it doesn't justify speculating on this one.

I'm starting to sense that you feel offended...

Reaction Score
Woah...

Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 3m
Ernest Jones resigns As UConn Football Assistant http://courantblogs.com/uconn-football/ernest-jones-resigns-as-uconn-football-assistant/…

The man is a devout christian and the University and State asked him to keep that information to himself while he was at work.

Only in Connecticut. This man would have helped us tremendously in recruiting young christian men from the South. But we don't want to offend some soccer mom in Hartford. Unbelievable.

Wonder who they will hire to replace him.

Reaction Score
Really a reasonable conclussion. If he gets job somewhere else in short order, then you will pretty much have confirmation. Wish that the guy who retweets Joel Osteen all the time would have used a little discretion in how he printed that, but the real story was the backlash. Also Herbst could have adressed the issue privately and responded privately to the woman who claimed outrage in the paper. I thought the public slap on the hand was in poor taste, but whatever, the Damage is done. Moving on, will be interesting to see who we hire.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We don't know all the facts. No one mentions his previous firing for "malfeasance and contumacious conduct." I'd rather have a solid citizen in that position than a guy that just talks the talk.

Reaction Score
its gotta be all the snow the past couple of weeks. Probably said, damn, if I'm going to move my family why the hell didn't I move them to some place warm?

That, or the religion thing....

Reaction Score
I'm starting to sense that you feel offended...

Yeah, that's it, I'm offended, by a statement that had nothing to do with me, I don't know what to do with myself, maybe I'll go to the CR board and join the fantasy of "if we whine about our situation more we can change it, even though no one wants us" group. Or maybe I'll just wait to see if he lands at a private school ala ND where he can express his PERSONAL views without being persecuted before I jump to a conclusion.

Reaction Score
My energy is being sucked out. Between Penn State and BC getting CT verbals and now this!

Reaction Score
An enormous mis-characterization of what happened . . .

Is it? He was basically told that you can't discuss Jesus or being Christian in the media or in the locker room. You can see him dancing around the topic everytime he's interviewed...trying to qualify his statements and keep from making the same mistake. Jesus is always on the tip of the tongue for men like Ernest.

I know men like Ernest, Christian devotion is different in the South and Midwest. Asking a man like him to keep his faith bottled up is the ultimate slap in the face and everytime he hides his true thoughts he feels that he is disrespecting God. Want to know what his personal and family issues were? His convictions to his God. Christians in the South do not keep their religion to themselves. For men like Ernest God is a part of EVERYTHING. For him, everything he has is thanks to his God so for someone to tell him that he can't openly speak about God at work is inconceivable to him.

Culturally CT was not a fit for him. This never would have happened in the South. He needs to be in South or Midwest or at a religious private institution.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Or maybe I'll just wait to see if he lands at a private school ala ND where he can express his PERSONAL views without being persecuted before I jump to a conclusion.

How can you say he was expressing a personal view. Coaches aren't in the huddle.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's it, I'm offended, by a statement that had nothing to do with me, I don't know what to do with myself, maybe I'll go to the CR board and join the fantasy of "if we whine about our situation more we can change it, even though no one wants us" group. Or maybe I'll just wait to see if he lands at a private school ala ND where he can express his PERSONAL views without being persecuted before I jump to a conclusion.

Still feeling that you're offended....hmm....maybe you could try lightening up, Francis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom