2025 Recruiting: - Eric Reibe Official Visit | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Eric Reibe Official Visit

Reaction Score
What??? Listen, you may be proven right, but to think that he WILL definitely go from fringe rotation player to the NBA is more crazy than thinking that he will take an extra year to work on his game. This topic must be read in conjunction with how incredibly deep we are. It wouldn’t be a shame on him to back up Liam and Alex. Your take is too radical.
It's not radical when he's already being mocked in the 1st round and is being mentioned as one of the top sophomores to watch for the NBA in multiple articles already

Reaction Score
To me the easy call for Hurley is to have McNeeley come off the bench. It's super easy to sell him on playing starters minutes coming in for Stewart, who is also a very good player, has paid his dues for a year, and honestly is going to be better defensively at the start of the season than McNeeley anyway. McNeeley can still close games, and he's been in the NBA pipeline for years playing on the FIBA teams, so it's not going to effect his NBA stock at all to come off the bench. It's just way more logical in a situation where you have a bunch of guys all good enough to start.
Narratively, I think you're right that this is cleanest.

But if McNeeley is one of our best players in actual practice, I don't think you can start Stewart over him. All the guys will know who is playing best and that's antithetical to the culture.

Tea leaf reading suggests McNeeley is definitely going to be one of our better players (Hurley moving summer practice allocations to accommodate his injury is a big tea leaf reading <!!!>), and his tape is some of the best I've ever watched for a high school player fitting into a college system day 1 as a high level complementary player. But to be honest even parsing every morsel super closely (and the open practice tape/feedback) I don't really have any clue which of the 2 of them (or Mahaney if we're including the 2G) has an edge to start.

Reaction Score
It's not radical when he's already being mocked in the 1st round and is being mentioned as one of the top sophomores to watch for the NBA in multiple articles already
Can you please share all these mocks and NBA circle articles about Stewart? I’ve seen one mock with him at pick 30, by Sam V. Would love to read more about this.

Reaction Score
Can you please share all these mocks and NBA circle articles about Stewart? I’ve seen one mock with him at pick 30, by Sam V. Would love to read more about this.
There's a thread somewhere on here with all the mock drafts and all that in one spot. The ESPN article is here, I think there was another one from Rivals or 247 or something too. It was a few months ago so don't remember what site

Reaction Score
Mahaney, Stewart, Karaban are locks to start in my eyes. If McNeeley can handle playing the 2 spot he probably starts over Ball there. No idea at the 5 spot.

I recognize it may be bold, I just don't see any way Stewart doesn't start even with all the talent we have
The reason Stewart probably doesn't start is because McNeeley is better than him and I doubt we start three 6'7ish players.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The reason Stewart probably doesn't start is because McNeeley is better than him and I doubt we start three 6'7ish players.
Don't some mocks have McNeeley going this year? Too talented not to start

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Agreed it'll be Stewart or McNeeley. Stewart may have an edge because we need an athletic wing defender, and he's probably not that far behind McNeeley offensively, in a vacuum.

I'm going to take it as a great sign if McNeeley does start, because that probably means he's far too gifted offensively to bench, aka our next lottery pick. But I will be watching how we defend gifted scoring wings with that lineup.

Reaction Score
Agreed it'll be Stewart or McNeeley. Stewart may have an edge because we need an athletic wing defender, and he's probably not that far behind McNeeley offensively, in a vacuum.

I'm going to take it as a great sign if McNeeley does start, because that probably means he's far too gifted offensively to bench, aka our next lottery pick. But I will be watching how we defend gifted scoring wings with that lineup.
i thought Diarra did a great job tag-teaming w/ Castle on Shannon. maybe i'm misremembering that but we arent going to be playing many wings as good as him anyways. maybe Edgecombe or Ian Jackson but they arent as big as Shannon. i'm confident in Diarra being our lockdown perimeter defender against anyone but a stretch 4, e.g., cade tyson, momcilovic, etc.

Reaction Score
Don't some mocks have McNeeley going this year? Too talented not to start

Reed Sheppard went third overall in the draft and wasn’t a starter last season.

(Before Navery responds and tries to be a you know what I realize he started 5 games out of the 33 they played)

Kemba didn’t start as a freshman
Andre didn’t start as a freshman
Hawkins didn’t start as a freshman…

Reaction Score

(Before Navery responds and tries to be a you know what I realize he started 5 games out of the 33 they played)

What do Kemba, Andre, and Hawkins have to do with this?

Reaction Score
I think he means a lot of talented players that then played in the league didn’t start as freshman and used them as examples.
None of them were one and done projected lottery picks before their freshmen season started.

Reaction Score
None of them were one and done projected lottery picks before their freshmen season started.

Reed was one and done. I also listed a few UConn examples of talented freshman who didn’t start as freshman.

I don’t have the 2009 and 2021 nba pre season mock drafts memorized like you do but please share so I can familiarize myself. Thx

Reaction Score
There are plenty of examples of one and done kids that didn’t make the league at all or didn’t until spending multiple years in college. With that said I love Liam’s talent, could see him as a lottery pick, and hope he wins a title and follows in Castle’s footsteps. But he hasn’t even played a game yet. Let’s see how things look come November. P.S.—I think he will be a regular starter at some point next season even if it isn’t right out of the gate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reed was one and done. I also listed a few UConn examples of talented freshman who didn’t start as freshman.

I don’t have the 2009 and 2021 nba pre season mock drafts memorized like you do but please share so I can familiarize myself. Thx
Read my post again. I asked why you listed Kemba, Andre, and Hawkins. None of them were projected one and done lottery picks before their freshman season.

Reaction Score
Read my post again. I asked why you listed Kemba, Andre, and Hawkins. None of them were projected one and done lottery picks before their freshman season.

Please share the mock drafts from 2009 and 2021, I am not as familiar with the projections and what NBA GMs were thinking about UConn 5 star and 4 star recruits back then.

Reaction Score
Any update on the actual topic of this thread
Yes, still scheduled to be at UConn this weekend. See my post above.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You're right about how far off they were, but they did nail Castle and werer not far off on Clingan.
Very true but projecting what incoming freshmen will do is…an inexact science to say the least. At least Clingan had a body of work to use to project from his freshman year. I think Danny will find out a lot about his team in October and November.

Reaction Score
If you are responding to my post that is exactly what I said. Don’t care about recruits until they sign.

And it makes no difference because with Hurley coaching we will be competitive every year for a BE title and high tournament seed.

My only point about recruits is that IMO it is a waste of energy trying to read the tea leafs on social media posts to make predictions were a kid is going to choose to play.
Agree. Meleek was supposed to be a 100% slam dunk. Now he visiting all the usual suspects.

Reaction Score
Yes, still scheduled to be at UConn this weekend. See my post above.

Good to hear

Reaction Score

Sheppard not starting was idiotic, Kemba was the backup PG, Andre was not particular good yet, and Hawkins was a backup. Not sure what any of this has to do with McNeeley and Stewart.

By many accounts, McNeeley is a superior player already. I like Stew but I really have no idea how many of you (and some NBA draft people) saw enough last year to justify him being a guy ready to go after this year. As I have said repeatedly, I will be shocked if McNeeley is not the starting 3 from day one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom