2025 Recruiting: - Eric Reibe Official Visit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Eric Reibe Official Visit

awy

Reaction Score
just don't get that worked up about Duke. it's whatever.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
he's not a porzingod level athlete (few people are at that size) but similar skillset

If Porzingis played college ball the season he before was a rookie for the Knicks he would have averaged 20, 10 & 3 blocks easy.

Reaction Score
If you are responding to my post that is exactly what I said. Don’t care about recruits until they sign.

And it makes no difference because with Hurley coaching we will be competitive every year for a BE title and high tournament seed.

My only point about recruits is that IMO it is a waste of energy trying to read the tea leafs on social media posts to make predictions were a kid is going to choose to play.
I get this, although at a time of year that I consider a lull, always need something that fills the sports entertainment bucket.

Reaction Score
If you are responding to my post that is exactly what I said. Don’t care about recruits until they sign.

And it makes no difference because with Hurley coaching we will be competitive every year for a BE title and high tournament seed.

My only point about recruits is that IMO it is a waste of energy trying to read the tea leafs on social media posts to make predictions were a kid is going to choose to play.
In general I have faith that this staff will find the right kids that will help them win. I will support the ones who want to be here and be part of something special.

Reaction Score
just don't get that worked up about Duke. it's whatever.
you need to click the "reply" button in the bottom right of someone's post if you want to reply to them. that way you dont need to try and post immediately below them

Reaction Score
Maybe the Moreno to Kentucky announcement today helps with Reibe to UConn. . He's currently scheduled for an OV there after our OV. Sounds like Pope's pitch to Reibe might be as a stretch 4 who has the green light to shoot and create within their offense and play along side of Moreno.

Reaction Score
Maybe the Moreno to Kentucky announcement today helps with Reibe to UConn. . He's currently scheduled for an OV there after our OV. Sounds like Pope's pitch to Reibe might be as a stretch 4 who has the green light to shoot and create within their offense and play along side of Moreno.
it cant hurt. next year UK now has Brandon Garrison and Moreno at C but no returning PFs...
we will have Reed/Singare at C and Stew/Abraham at PF.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love having a center to hit 3's in 5 man out sets in order to extend d. Definite my fave recruit at the 5 (and #2 in wants behind Thomas). High Iq, though I wonder if he is willing to sacrifice and "simplify" his game to our system as Clingan and now Reed did.

This is a kid who game is lot more similar to Dirk than Enosch. Will he simplify his game (he's talked about being able to break down D off his dribble), or is he good enough that Danny and his staff are giving him more of a offense carte blanche in their recruiting pitch? The tape I've watched from him, has been good. An offensive Clingan would be stretch, but talented big men like that are rare. Better than Danny Wolf. I happen to think he will get more ""#1 recruit" vibes with Mcdermott and end up at Creighton. I hope not lol

Reaction Score
it cant hurt. next year UK now has Brandon Garrison and Moreno at C but no returning PFs...
we will have Reed/Singare at C and Stew/Abraham at PF.
If Stew doesn’t go into the draft. That’s far from a given.

Reaction Score
If Stew doesn’t go into the draft. That’s far from a given.
ya but i think staff needs to plan as if he's returning and then go to the portal if he doesnt. like with alex this summer. it's a tough spot to be in but if i were a highschool player i wouldnt count on stew not being there.

Reaction Score
ya but i think staff needs to plan as if he's returning and then go to the portal if he doesnt. it's a tough spot to be in but if i were a highschool player i wouldnt count on stew not being there.
I think there’s enough positional versatility there both with Reibe himself, as well as Stewart (who I think can play the 3 or the 4). I think there’s enough minutes to go around even if Stewart is here for his junior year.

Reaction Score
The staff will probably have a decent sense of how Stews NBA prospects look by the fall when the height of the recruiting season matriculates, especially with Maui early in. They’ll likely know by then how he will be predominantly used and if a feature type player.

I still don’t see a kid ready for the draft, his jump shot is flat and still seems to have an itch to take 3s when his strength is at the rim.

Reaction Score
The staff will probably have a decent sense of how Stews NBA prospects look by the fall when the height of the recruiting season matriculates, especially with Maui early in. They’ll likely know by then how he will be predominantly used and if a feature type player.

I still don’t see a kid ready for the draft, his jump shot is flat and still seems to have an itch to take 3s when his strength is at the rim.
I wasn’t sure if Hawkins was ready to make the jump during that awful January 2023 stretch the team had. A lot can change in a relatively short period of time.

Reaction Score

It's really hard to project after a player's freshman year. Especially being on a loaded team like the Huskies had this past season where it was really tough to get playing time. After his freshman year did you think Jordan Hawkins would be a lottery pick a year later? Similar to Hawkins I'm guessing Stewart won't be the same player this coming season as he was last year. At least that's the hope. If he's the same player you're describing in the last sentence then he won't be going to the NBA next June.

Reaction Score
Stewie is one of our X factors this year. Skills and talent are there. Gotta let the game slow down a little bit and go with his instincts. Danny is going to make sure he has every opportunity to shine this year.

NBA scouts know who he is

Reaction Score
I will be SHOCKED if Stewart is back for his junior year. He's going to be put in a position to succeed and really showcase his talent this season
We don’t even know if he’s starting. Most prognostications have him coming off the bench in favor of McNeely. He’s a talented kid but I think most are highly over blowing his draft stock. I’d be surprised if he goes this year and I don’t mind being wrong. He had some very mini flashes last year, but I still see him as a raw product.

Hawk was a core starter and center of offense. Agree that the jump can happen at any point but I don’t even know what his strength is at this point. What I know is it isn’t his jump shot/3, as he shot 21% last year and that was after getting hot-ish towards end of year. Having been at the open practice I can see why in his release. I honestly don’t know why anyone can be “shocked” if he’s back.

Reaction Score
We don’t even know if he’s starting. Most prognostications have him coming off the bench in favor of McNeely. He’s a talented kid but I think most are highly over blowing his draft stock. I’d be surprised if he goes this year and I don’t mind being wrong. He had some very mini flashes last year, but I still see him as a raw product.

Hawk was a core starter and center of offense. Agree that the jump can happen at any point but I don’t even know what his strength is at this point. What I know is it isn’t his jump shot/3, as he shot 21% last year and that was after getting hot-ish towards end of year. Having been at the open practice I can see why in his release. I honestly don’t know why anyone can be “shocked” if he’s back.
Most prognostications are dumb then if they don't have him starting. He's going to start, and he's going to be a 1st round pick. This conversation is going to look dumb in a few months. I honestly don't know what you were watching based on your comments on Stewart, it certainly wasn't any of the UConn basketball games last year

Reaction Score
Most prognostications are dumb then if they don't have him starting. He's going to start, and he's going to be a 1st round pick. This conversation is going to look dumb in a few months. I honestly don't know what you were watching based on your comments on Stewart, it certainly wasn't any of the UConn basketball games last year

Who do you have as our starting 5?

Reaction Score
IMG_9803.jpeg
Clearly you are part of the JStew fan club. That’s a lot of confidence for a kid that only started seeing real minutes towards the back half. He only played 4 minutes in the NC, 7 against Bama. Had no stats in either game. Not a rebound.

I’ll take your bet - 100 bucks the opposite of your guarantees happen.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't know what you were watching based on your comments on Stewart, it certainly wasn't any of the UConn basketball games last year
Stewart scored 2 points or fewer in 26 of the 37 games he appeared in last season.

Yes, he came on late a bit. But also he scored 9 points total in the 6 NCAA tournament games, and did not score in 3 of the 6. He scored over 5 points in 2 of the last 15 games of the season (but they were 2 very nice important games!)

He scored in double figures 1 time in 37 games. He scored 8 points or more in 3 games.

The Stewart hype has to relax. Sure, he could be Jordan Hawkins. This is UConn and Hurley. The development is great. But Jordan Hawkins scored 8 points or more in 1/3 of his games at a freshman, 4x more frequently. Double figures 7 times in 27 games, 10x more frequently.

Reaction Score
Stewart scored 2 points or fewer in 26 of the 37 games he appeared in last season.

Yes, he came on late a bit. But also he scored 9 points total in the 6 NCAA tournament games, and did not score in 3 of the 6. He scored over 5 points in 2 of the last 15 games of the season (but they were 2 very nice important games!)

He scored in double figures 1 time in 37 games. He scored 8 points or more in 3 games.

The Stewart hype has to relax. Sure, he could be Jordan Hawkins. This is UConn and Hurley. The development is great. But Jordan Hawkins scored 8 points or more in 1/3 of his games at a freshman, 4x more frequently. Double figures 7 times in 27 games, 10x more frequently.
What scoring option was Stewart when he saw the floor, how many minutes was he even getting the latter part of the season and how many shots per game was he averaging?

You simply can't go by just points per game or even his highest scoring game from last year because he was still developing his game, he was not in there to take many shots and he flat out had so few opportunities to put up many shots.

Give him a chance to see what he will do when he has more minutes and shots to show you what he can do. I'm not about to predict how many points he'll average this coming season or what his draft situation will be once he declares, but I think he'll be a productive player and has as good a chance to get solid minutes either coming off the bench or even starting some games this season. He looks like a very talented and hard working player to me that has a pretty heigh ceiling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom