2025 Recruiting: - Eric Reibe Commits to UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Eric Reibe Commits to UConn

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Wow, I hope I can get used to us getting top level talent. :)
Over It No GIF

Reaction Score
Heard they shop at the same Aldi.

If we got Reibe, Bundalo and Furphy, DH & staff would really be swinging to Euro/International ball. Feeling like the old JC years when he was scraping Israel & Europe and turning over rocks. Love it.
And all 3 are lefties

Reaction Score
Jake Weingarten has a good relationship with Reibe and has a short interview with him about the commitment.

What was Coach Hurley’s main pitch?

“Using my offensive tools in the best ways that he can, get starting minutes early, he sees me competing for the starting spot, develops my defensive side to the max, making me NBA ready.”

Reaction Score
This is a good article from Adam Finkelstein about Reibe and his fit with UConn.

"They want to use my offensive style of play and elevate it to the max," Reibe told 247Sports recruiting reporter Dushawn London. "Coach Hurley believes there are a lot of ways to use me and he wants to develop my defensive side because that's what lacks the most right now. He thinks with what he did with (Donovan) Clingan on the defensive side, he can do with me. He'll train me the hardest and instill the same principles. They see me as a player who can get minutes early and fight for a starting spot."

Reaction Score
This is a very special day to get a big. It always seems like there are a lot of alternatives with the Guards and Wings we can make work but the bigs are just harder to get and compete for. Eric seems really special for his skillset at his size and for hopefully paving the way for more types of recruits like him to come to UConn. Kudos to our staff, again and again. Thanks Eric for becoming a fookin Husky for life.

Reaction Score
Everyone wants to play in this offense. What a brilliant coaching maneuver to go to bal movement and passing offense. It really is cutting edge.

Imagine displaying your skills here, or going to a place that runs just PnR.

Reaction Score
A couple of posts suggested we have 1 open scholly for next year until players decide their future next spring. In fact after Adams & Reibe we have 3 open scholarships for 2025-2026 because the number goes to 15. Minutes would be tough, but there is no issue next year taking Mullins, Bundalo, and Furphy if Hurley decided to, even if everybody came back that had eligibility..
Don’t be greedy. Bringing in 2 more high end rotation players after Mullins would probably mean losing at least that many of our current guys to the portal, even if Liam does go pro

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom