Eric Reibe Commits to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Eric Reibe Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
Something that I really like about Reibe's play- style for a big dude. And I think it's because of his FIBA experience in Europe. Is his comfort level with and proficiency with the ball in his hands. Next level for a 5. I can't remember a 5 at UConn in recent history that has his dexterity and skill. Danny and him are going to have fun together with his ball skill talent and Luke's offensive schemes. Gonna be fun.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm sure someone's mentioned this, but this quote should go down in history for better or worse ...

Alongside "not a dime back" and "you better get us now," to the more impactful "this is what happens when you ban us" we have had a extensive history of basketball quotes.

"I'm happy to be a BLEEPING Husky" is about as quintessential UConn Basketball as it gets.

Reaction Score
Every kid he goes after and gets is well spoken, eats and breathes basketball, and is from a good family who is involved.

I love how Calhoun took chances on kids but with the Father Flanagan approach it's a gamble. Sometimes it worked out beautifully like with Caron but other times it went south.
It's pretty nice knowing we don't have to worry about our players off the court anymore.

Hurley has mastered everything it takes to be the best in college basketball from the staff, to the culture, to the media, to the kids he brings in, and just the top to bottom buy in from everyone involved. As amazing as Calhoun was he never had the program humming like this.
I don’t think DH would have the mental bandwidth to take on problem children given he puts so much time into all the other things required in today’s game. Kudos to him for recognizing that, as a byproduct of also building an amazing culture. There are so many benefits to it, the fun of coaching attentive kids, the appeal to the fanbase and national media. He doesn’t make consolations.

Reaction Score
We’re in dreamland at this point. You can’t even put into words how good we have it right now. It quite literally doesn’t get better than winning the national championship every year and handpicking any prospect you want.
I’m wondering after this today if Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, NC, still don't think we’re a blue blood? And I laugh when Indiana fans think they are on the same level as us. This isn’t 1976 with Knight.

Reaction Score
According to @tcf15 we have only one scholly available right now. This is before early declaring and transfers next year

How I'm seeing it...

2025-2026

INCOMING
1. Darius Adams, G
2. Eric Reibe, C

PRESUMABLY RETURNING
1. Aidan Mahaney, G
2. Ahmad Nowell, G
3. Isaiah Abraham, F
4. Jayden Ross, F
5. Tarris Reed, C
6. Youssouf Singare, C

POSSIBLY NBA
1. Solo Ball, G
2. Jaylin Stewart, F

PRESUMABLY NBA
1. Alex Karaban, F
2. Liam McNeeley, F

GRADUATING
1. Hassan Diarra, G
2. Samson Johnson, C

Reaction Score
Can someone explain how these rankings are determined? I mean, really. Look at the top four.
Cumulative - each recruit is assigned a score by one of these issuers based on their assessment. Higher rated the more points. But if you’re Marquette and locked up 4 100-150 recruits it’s gonna be more total points than two 5 stars. Quality is always better than quantity.

Still find it crazy that Adams, Mullins and Reibe were put on the same team at a Wooten camp a week before Adams committed. The stars are definitely aligned these days, and Hurley feels like the sports ultimate power broker.

Reaction Score
Something that I really like about Reibe's play- style for a big dude. And I think it's because of his FIBA experience in Europe. Is his comfort level with and proficiency with the ball in his hands. Next level for a 5. I can't remember a 5 at UConn in recent history that has his dexterity and skill. Danny and him are going to have fun together with his ball skill talent and Luke's offensive schemes. Gonna be fun.
Yes. KDesque ball handling. Imagine the possibilities ...

"and now bringing the ball up court for UConn, Eric Reibe"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom