2025 Recruiting: - Eric Reibe Commits to UConn | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Eric Reibe Commits to UConn

awy

Reaction Score
In the URI postgame Hurley mentioned playing 8 comfortably and a ninth guy can get squeezed for some minutes. Hard to imagine he goes deeper than that before garbage time.
that's true but the wing group is probably the one with the most fluidity throughout the season in terms of playing time because of the higher interchangeability. until ahmad learns the offense the guard group and bigs group are pretty set in stone. with the wings i can see more change depending on performance and practice etc.

Reaction Score

"Obviously we're going to be competing and I'm going to do everything I can to get on the floor," Reibe said, per London. "Tarris Reed (current UConn center) is just going to get me better and I'm going to try my best to get him better too. Coach sees us playing together --- with me at the four and (Reed) at the five. I'm more outside he's more inside.”

Reaction Score
After the Reibe commitment yesterday I took the opportunity to reflect back to a game that I attended at XL less than 10 years ago. We were part of the AAC getting our butts handed to us by Tulsa(I think anyway). I remember thinking about how far our program had fallen in such a short amount of time.
Fast forward to now and we are 100% on the College Basketball Mountaintop and have the unquestionable best coaching staff in the country.
Hurley and staff have exceeded any expectations I or anyone else could have had when he took a risk on himself and guided this program back to being “The College Basketball Capital of the World”.
We are so extremely lucky to have him and the other amazing assistants on staff.

Reaction Score
"Obviously we're going to be competing and I'm going to do everything I can to get on the floor," Reibe said, per London. "Tarris Reed (current UConn center) is just going to get me better and I'm going to try my best to get him better too. Coach sees us playing together --- with me at the four and (Reed) at the five. I'm more outside he's more inside.”
Live look in at the double big crew:

1729211864741.gif

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Probably a good sign for Reed if Dan is recruiting with him in mind.

awy

Reaction Score
reibe's the starting 5. idk what the outlook on Reed is but they are not going to jeopardize winning for him

Reaction Score
reibe's the starting 5. idk what the outlook on Reed is but they are not going to jeopardize winning for him
He can be the starter and also slide over to the four for stretches with Reed also on the floor. Those two are not mutually exclusive.

Reaction Score
This program is at peak Patriots dynasty levels. Finely tuned well oiled machine. Enjoy it soak it in
Not sure it’s hit its crescendo quite yet but we are in the middle of the high note for sure. Pack another NC on and the decorations will be out full steam, with one of the most colorful personalties it’s seen in awhile. What a fascinating year.

Reaction Score
Not sure it’s hit its crescendo quite yet but we are in the middle of the high note for sure. Pack another NC on and the decorations will be out full steam, with one of the most colorful personalties it’s seen in awhile. What a fascinating year.
Like we just got a commitment from Adams and Reibe. We are about to hopefully get another from Mullins. And the fanbase has now grown so accustomed to the embarrassment of riches we have that the conversation has largely or at least partially moved past those guys and on to Bundalo. That’s incredible and shows the level the program is at.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And the fanbase has now grown so accustomed to the embarrassment of riches we have that the conversation has largely or at least partially moved past those guys and on to Bundalo.
Isn't that funny? It reminds me of an old Mad Magazine bit - Then and Now. They'd give a phrase or topic and show two examples how it's usage had changed. For here, it would be:

NEXT!

Then: Ah crap, I really thought we were going to land that guy...Next!
Now: We just got commitments from 3 out of the Top 27. Unprecedented...Next!

Last edited:

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score
I’m leaving all the roster construction and minutes up to Hurley’s discretion for now but I’m sure I’ll have some opinions once the season gets underway. I still enjoy reading all of these conjecture posts anyway. So how many of you have mastered thinking Rye-bah when you see Reibe? That’s a tough one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom