2025 Recruiting: - Eric Reibe Commits to UConn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Eric Reibe Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
Every kid he goes after and gets is well spoken, eats and breathes basketball, and is from a good family who is involved.

I love how Calhoun took chances on kids but with the Father Flanagan approach it's a gamble. Sometimes it worked out beautifully like with Caron but other times it went south.
It's pretty nice knowing we don't have to worry about our players off the court anymore.

Hurley has mastered everything it takes to be the best in college basketball from the staff, to the culture, to the media, to the kids he brings in, and just the top to bottom buy in from everyone involved. As amazing as Calhoun was he never had the program humming like this.
Coach Calhoun was and probably still is one wily old veteran. Players like Butler needed a little more before they came to UCONN. Spending a year at MCI under the guidance of Max Good got him ready to do what he needed to do. When playing for Max you defended and you played hard at all times while also learning how to be prepared for college.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Excellent.

Any chance Eric knows Neils Giffey ?
He brought his name up in the interview with 247. Hard to think he would not have spoken to him in his search for a college when he was considering Uconn.

Reaction Score
Reibe is actually our fourth German, right? Niels, Enosch, and the almighty Leon Tolksdorf?
Was aware of the other guys- I thought Giffey's legacy was more note worthy as compared to theirs.My bad

Reaction Score
This part will be interesting as I can see Hurley and his system being compelling to those that are willing to be patient, and to be of higher value on the bench in year one than playing instantly elsewhere.

There is no other program doing and proving what Hurley is right now. The right kind of kids may want to be part of that even if it means no instant playing time. An intrasquad scrimmage at UConn may be better competition and development than a lot of other programs as a starter.

Exactly. And this is a fairly easy sell to players when Hurley can also mention that NBA scouts are allowed to come in and watch these intense hyper-competitive practices. Look at the NBA buzz that already has been generated for Ross, who really has had little to no live game experience yet.

awy

Reaction Score
I'd imagine the recruiting is also teamwork, at least Tom Moore in the GM role is involved and Luke is talking with him about the offense. hurley doing husky noises. Kimani seems more guard focused and in the philly/ny area

Reaction Score
Exactly. And this is a fairly easy sell to players when Hurley can also mention that NBA scouts are allowed to come in and watch these intense hyper-competitive practices. Look at the NBA buzz that already has been generated for Ross, who really has had little to no live game experience yet.
excellent point. If he is able to sell recruits on how the program will coach players hard in eyes of NBA GMs and allow them to see practices, then we will continue to get the top commits. Both as a result of individual players nba futures AND winning championships (unlike Cal in recent years). I've heard the Ross-NBA scout thing more than once, obviously from Hurley. The concept that these players wait their turn and even settle for less playing time they might get elsewhere is really a testament to what he has built.

Reaction Score
This part will be interesting as I can see Hurley and his system being compelling to those that are willing to be patient, and to be of higher value on the bench in year one than playing instantly elsewhere
I’m talking about the guys that have/will have already been patient

Last edited:

awy

Reaction Score
if they play more guys there'll be enough time to showcase everyone. the system is flexible enough to address the roster congestion.

Reaction Score
if they play more guys there'll be enough time to showcase everyone. the system is flexible enough to address the roster congestion.
14 guys averaging 14mpg lol

awy

Reaction Score

this dmv area podcast got eric reibe in person talking about his recruitment

it's a bit all over the place but he said he's still growing height wise and expects to be 7'1

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You need to get past the blue blood thing.
Agreed. We are what we are: the best college basketball program in America. Enjoy it and live in the moment.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom