Emmanuel Owootoah | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Emmanuel Owootoah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Tennessee will watch 2013 PG Emmanuel Owootoah tonight and UConn coaches will call after his game, coach Rod Rhodes tells @SNYtv"

Offer?

Reaction Score
"Tennessee will watch 2013 PG Emmanuel Owootoah tonight and UConn coaches will call after his game, coach Rod Rhodes tells @SNYtv"

Offer?
Possibly. They could also just be calling to express interest and let them know they will come watch him.

Reaction Score
Gerry was 6'5" and averaged double figure rebounds in the Big East against some real good centers...........saw him at the Civic Pub after a game one night and had a new found respect for him once I saw how little he was, although he was a tough kid. Improved dramatically with hard work!!!

We could use Gerry or a Tim Coles this year. They would add much needed rebounding.

No one tougher than Tim Coles. Patrick Ewing's worst nightmare.

Reaction Score
Rayon Christie a freshman at Simsbury High has a great skill set to watch ( I have seen him play varsity). Class of 2014 Shane Christie scored 24 pts last night for Hillhouse against Fairfield Prep. Keep an eye out for emerging prospect Rayon Christie.

D

Deleted member 3149

would be nice if terrence could have someone to gel with for 4 years. After all, that is a key to making deep tournament runs. Especially if they can learn from Boat/Bazz

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Special enough for offers from UCLA and Tennessee, and interest from Baylor, Arizona, Florida State.

From what I understand, take a lot of that with a grain of salt.

Also, he's about 5'9" or 5'10".

Reaction Score
We could use Gerry or a Tim Coles this year. They would add much needed rebounding.

No one tougher than Tim Coles. Patrick Ewing's worst nightmare.

Agreed I liked Gerry but loved Tim Coles even more, great motor and tough as hell.............I promise Dieng would not have gotten 16 rebounds Monday

Reaction Score
Is Rayon Christie related to Ron Christie? I remember several guys with the last name Christie tearing up CT. high school hoops.

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: Kansas has also called on 2013 PG Emmanuel Owootoah

He has to be better than what we have seen. Maybe the video was old or another person with the same name. He has to be a real player and I hope he turns out to be. That would put us in great shape.

@AdamZagoria: Kansas asst Kurtis Townsend will see 2013 PG Emmanuel Owootoah next week, UT's Tracy Webster in tonight

caw

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: Kansas has also called on 2013 PG Emmanuel Owootoah

He has to be better than what we have seen. Maybe the video was old or another person with the same name. He has to be a real player and I hope he turns out to be. That would put us in great shape.

I realize one in hand is worth two in bush, but with 2014 looking really good, does UConn want to fill up a roster spot?

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: 2013 PG Emmanuel Owootoah had 19 pts, 15 assts and 8 stls in a win for Cordia (KY) tonight w/ UT asst Tracy Webster watching

Not to shabby.

Reaction Score
Not bad at all. I saw a video other than the 1 posted here where he had some crazy assists. Also, I see those videos were posted 11 months ago and the other a year ago. A lot could have changed in that time span.. I'd finish the class with him or Jorgenson.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I really hope these new incoming guards aren't a sign for Boat/Bazz leaving early. They're just too young too leave the nest!

Reaction Score
Not bad at all. I saw a video other than the 1 posted here where he had some crazy assists. Also, I see those videos were posted 11 months ago and the other a year ago. A lot could have changed in that time span.. I'd finish the class with him or Jorgenson.

Link to the other vid?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Need to visit & watch him play soon. Lots of Big names starting to show interest.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
worst mix tape ive ever seen on here lol! the kid is not at all what his coach was hyping him to be. now ill admit after the andre drummond debacle i no longer put any stock in any kids mixtape vid. im sure this kid is good but play this vid next to the boatshow and well you get the idea. i think we need to save that last scholarship for another big.
Andre had the skills. He just lacked BB maturity (sometimes referred to as BB IQ). If he had stuck around another year (and I'm not suggesting that he should have) I think we'd have seen a much more effective player.

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: Tennessee coach Cuonzo Martin expected to watch 2013 PG Emmanuel Owootoah Friday in Kentucky. Also Florida State called on him.

More people on him...

Reaction Score
I realize one in hand is worth two in bush, but with 2014 looking really good, does UConn want to fill up a roster spot?

We'll still have at least 4 scholarships available for 2014 (Giffey, Wolf, Olander, Napier being juniors) and I wouldn't be surprised if we have more. If Boat and Bazz both leave, which they hopefully won't be it's a strong possibility we lose at least one, we ABSOLUTELY need another guard for next year. We can't go in with a moderately recruited freshman being the only guy on the roster that can play PG. And while I realize he's better than your average walk-on, I'm not comfortable relying on Brendan Allen for major minutes either.

Reaction Score
If we are his dream school we should be talking to him and somebody should fly down to Ky to watch him.

Reaction Score
If I am not mistaken, Allen is not guaranteed a scholarship next year. That would mean securing one more 2013 recruit would not cut into the available bank of 4 in 2014 (5 if Boat leaves after junior season). That would allow us to go after a couple guards and a couple big man. Keep reloading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom