Emmanuel Owootoah | The Boneyard

Emmanuel Owootoah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
seeing as how they were after another guard if he's as good as Rhodes is saying it should be a no brainer. Gotta get that SAT done tho, it seems the staff reached out to Jordan Bell after he expressed through the press how UConn was his dream school and we saw how that ended up due to him not taking the SAT yet.

Reaction Score
Is there an open scholarship for 2013? It would be nice to have a pg learn under shabazz for a year and then step into a bigger role when we lose him and possibly RB.

Reaction Score
Is there an open scholarship for 2013? It would be nice to have a pg learn under shabazz for a year and then step into a bigger role when we lose him and possibly RB.

yes there is an open scholarship. 3/4 are filled

Reaction Score
...and he's Candian! They turn out some basketball players up north. Why I've heard that one of them actually scored 111 points in a single game!
But let's not forget Gerry Besselink. For every positive action from the north, there is an opposite reaction going south.

99 out of 100 posters will not know Gerry!

caw

Reaction Score
Next year's roster with everyone back looks pretty nice, my question is, do we stick with small ball?

PG: Boatright (junior), Samuel (freshman), Allen (junior)
SG/2nd PG: Napier (senior)
SF: Calhoun (sophomore), Giffey (senior)
PF: Daniels (junior), Facey (freshman), Nolan (sophormore) Tolksdorf (sophomore)
C: Olander (senior), Wolf (senior), Brimah (freshman)

Or does UConn go bigger (the second unit could be quite good defensively):

SG/2nd PG: Napier (senior), Calhoun (sophomore)
SF: Daniels (junior), Giffey (senior)
PF: Olander (senior), Facey (freshman), Nolan (sophormore) Tolksdorf (sophomore)
C: Wolf (senior), Brimah (freshman)

Or does a youngster step in:

SG/2nd PG: Napier (senior), Calhoun (sophomore)
SF: Daniels (junior), Giffey (senior)
PF: Facey (freshman)/Nolan (sophormore), Tolksdorf (sophomore)
C: Olander (senior), Wolf (senior), Brimah (freshman)

Lots of moving pieces.

I wouldn't mind one more SG on the roster, but if 2014 is as loaded as it seems, I'm also more than OK holding onto that scholarship. 12 man roster would be the largest UConn has had in a few years.

Reaction Score
But let's not forget Gerry Besselink. For every positive action from the north, there is an opposite reaction going south.

We could use Gerry and his double-double averages in the front court right now.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm missing something but I didn't see anything special on that tape.

yea, neither did I, definitely not to the level that Rhodes was hyping him.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm missing something but I didn't see anything special on that tape.
Special enough for offers from UCLA and Tennessee, and interest from Baylor, Arizona, Florida State.

Reaction Score
We could use Gerry and his double-double averages in the front court right now.

Don't forget we had Phil Dixon from Canada at one time too(lates 80's). Never played a game for UCONN. JC dismissed him for something he did over the summer while attending the CAPS program. I believe he was a 6'4+ PG with ability.

Reaction Score
Don't forget we had Phil Dixon from Canada at one time too(lates 80's). Never played a game for UCONN. JC dismissed him for something he did over the summer while attending the CAPS program. I believe he was a 6'4+ PG with ability.

As well as Denham Brown.

Reaction Score
Granted, it's a very short tape but he looks about 4'10"

Reaction Score

I was good friends w/Gerry back in the day....he would more than hold his own today and he was more than serviceable then. Not sure why the slam on him

Reaction Score
I was good friends w/Gerry back in the day....he would more than hold his own today and he was more than serviceable then. Not sure why the slam on him

Gerry was 6'5" and averaged double figure rebounds in the Big East against some real good centers...........saw him at the Civic Pub after a game one night and had a new found respect for him once I saw how little he was, although he was a tough kid. Improved dramatically with hard work!!!

Reaction Score
Gerry was 6'5" and averaged double figure rebounds in the Big East against some real good centers...........saw him at the Civic Pub after a game one night and had a new found respect for him once I saw how little he was, although he was a tough kid. Improved dramatically with hard work!!!
he was definitely NOT 6'5"...he was 6'8"

Reaction Score
worst mix tape ive ever seen on here lol! the kid is not at all what his coach was hyping him to be. now ill admit after the andre drummond debacle i no longer put any stock in any kids mixtape vid. im sure this kid is good but play this vid next to the boatshow and well you get the idea. i think we need to save that last scholarship for another big.

Reaction Score
he was definitely NOT 6'5"...he was 6'8"

He was like heck........played against 6'8" guys and stood next to "real" 6'8" guys and when he was at the Civic pub my brother, 6'3" was only 2 inches (maybe stretch to 3) smaller.......we all said the same thing and found a new respect for him as he was always outsized!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom