Emmanuel Owootoah | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Emmanuel Owootoah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All this talk about wasting schollys on kids has me wondering if many people on here forget what its like to have a full allotment of scholarships like everyone else has. A 3rd PG is pretty standard. This kid would be perfect late in the game for 2013. Especially with Shabazz and Boatright possibly moving on a year later.

caw

Reaction Score
In the aftermath of the firing of Kevin O'neil, Kendal Harris of USC asked for his release.. 6-4 PG 195 lbs., 4* .. 84 Scout grade, 77th in the ESPN100

We'll see if Coach Ollie gets involved..

I wouldn't be shocked to see Khalil Dukes (USC) open back up also. If Haith is fired at Missouri, I also could see Wes Clark (Missouri) requesting a release.

One being a CT native and the other having UConn (when Ollie was on temp duty) in his final 6 are probably better shots than Harris. Not that I would turn down Harris.

Reaction Score
The guarantee the staff is 100 times more interested in 2014 & 2015 at this moment than the last 2013 ship. This stuff takes time, and they are paying the groundwork. Look at what Creen did at IU, first thing he did was go after Zeller, who was four years away. It worked, and now look at where they are.

Go big game hunting, not shooting squirrel. The big game is in later years.

Reaction Score
Honestly hearing that the staff is not very interested

caw

Reaction Score
The guarantee the staff is 100 times more interested in 2014 & 2015 at this moment than the last 2013 ship. This stuff takes time, and they are paying the groundwork. Look at what Creen did at IU, first thing he did was go after Zeller, who was four years away. It worked, and now look at where they are.

Go big game hunting, not shooting squirrel. The big game is in later years.

I agree to some extent, though I think if Wes Clark does ask for a release, they would go after him. They put a decent amount of work into him before, so I imagine they would be interested again. I really would love for Haith to be fired soon.

Reaction Score
So I get it this Canadian kid is apparently a squirrel. But who says we can't focus on both classes ? what is next season a wash too? I want an addition to our team that wasn't haphazardly thrown a scholly. basically I don't think we should be sleeping on recruits like Clark or Emmanuel and their impact

Reaction Score
A 3rd PG is pretty important as well. If we want to be serious about being a team that can go deep in the tournament, we need to have someone who can handle the ball besides Boat and Bazz, and its not a given at this point that they will both be back. And does Ollie want to keep the PG/PG/SG/SF with a big look going? If he does we need that third PG. Imagine how much fresher Boat and Bazz would be if we had someone like Beverly this year.

Reaction Score
Every year we talk about 30 players we never get or in some cases are not even interested in getting. I remember Boat and DD coming on board and thinking "damn I wasted a lot of time thinking about this class and was waaaay off".

I think it is pretty exciting having KO on board and that it will take no longer then a couple of years to get back on track and be back in the conversation for a possible FF. Some schools have to wait years to recover from loosing a HOF fame coach (@ Uk) we are on track to bounce back pretty quick if KO can get some talent in the 2014/2015 class.

IF this kid is a star the staff knows it and is putting on a full court press- if not they have 15 other PGs they are trying to get.

Reaction Score
We have a 3rd pg in Samuel. A combo guard or a wing player is more important for next year. Along with Wes Clark Missouri also was Jonathan Williams signed for next year. Considered a point forward. Would rather wait until an see if one of these kids become available.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
We have a 3rd pg in Samuel.

Samuel is only the 3rd point guard if Napier and Boatright both return. There have been a few things written in recent weeks indicating that we are recruiting another guard because there's a chance one or both might leave.

Do you want to go into next year with Samuel as the starting PG and Brendan Allen as the backup?

Reaction Score
Samuel is only the 3rd point guard if Napier and Boatright both return. There have been a few things written in recent weeks indicating that we are recruiting another guard because there's a chance one or both might leave.

Do you want to go into next year with Samuel as the starting PG and Brendan Allen as the backup?

I read the article. The writter did his job in getting people to read it. But, no one believes that both or even one will be gone next year. Not a big market out there for either one of them to consider leaving early.

Reaction Score
I read the article. The writter did his job in getting people to read it. But, no one believes that both or even one will be gone next year. Not a big market out there for either one of them to consider leaving early.

If the coaching staff was 100% positive that both would be back, we would not be recruiting another point guard.

Reaction Score

Actually, I think most people think that one of them, in particular, will take a serious look at leaving, whether he should or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom