Elite 8 thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 thread

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
UNC, Duke, Nova, Kansas F4?

Reaction Score
Coach K hasn't recruited for years. That's the travesty in all this. Five stars just fall into his lap.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
They'll miss Moore, but with all the complaints here about Hurley not playing kids, here's what Wright has on bench:

Bryan Antoine - 5 star, 2019 recruit
Trey Patterson - 4 star, 2020
Jordan Longino - 4 star, 2021
Angelo Brizzi - 4 star, 2021
Mark Armstrong - 4 star, 2022
Brendan Hausen - 4 star, 2022

Not going to be much help for next weekend, but I imagine he'll figure something out.
You’re missing 5 star cam whitmore 2022, one of the best athletes in the class

Reaction Score
Bummer but unsurprising that Dook is dominating, Arkansas like most just doesn’t have 5 future NBA-ers to score the ball.

But Miami looked really good in the 15 minutes of that game I caught and there is almost always one FF interloper.

Reaction Score

Looks that way. Bill Self chokes a lot in March but KU might be overdue for another FF. And as much as St Peter's is the best story of this tourney I can't see UNC losing to them in this situation, even as an 8 seed. Really hope I'm wrong and the Peacocks pull of the upset.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Bummer but unsurprising that Dook is dominating, Arkansas like most just doesn’t have 5 future NBA-ers to score the ball.

But Miami looked really good in the 15 minutes of that game I caught and there is almost always one FF interloper.
They don’t but they had a defense that this year could bother Duke especially guard pressure. But Duke seems to have found something . Arkansas pulled to five and jyst started chucking and duke just shot them off floor. Impressive.

Reaction Score
Looks that way. Bill Self chokes a lot in March but KU might be overdue for another FF. And as much as St Peter's is the best story of this tourney I can't see UNC losing to them in this situation, even as an 8 seed. Really hope I'm wrong and the Peacocks pull of the upset.
I don’t hate Duke whatsoever outside of the Laettner years, but Ireally don’t want to see them or UNC in the FF let alone with the championship, YUCK.

Yesterday was national Peacock Day, seriously it was. Hopefully tomorrow can be another Peacock Day.

Reaction Score
This Duke team reminds me of the '04 UConn squad where they altered so many shots it got into the opponents' heads. Not exactly the same, but it's the same.

Reaction Score
This is a lose lose Tourney. Can’t have Nova with 4. Must stop the squid. 3 ACCs. Only sunshine is Saint Peters.

Reaction Score
This Duke team reminds me of the '04 UConn squad where they altered so many shots it got into the opponents' heads. Not exactly the same, but it's the same.
Yeah it really does. U saw players on Arkansas near the basket double pumping and missing close shots knowing they were worried about the shot blockers, especially with Okafor (Mark Williams today)

Reaction Score
Gag… going to be really hard to root for anyone in the final 4 other than Miami and St. Peter’s (if they even make it) but neither have much of a chance of winning it all. Guess Nova is the least of all the remaining evils that can actually win it all, but if Moore is out they’re fighting an uphill battle

Reaction Score
I really really really wanted UCLA to win yesterday vs UNC

Because in that scenario Saint Peters could reach the FF? UNC is headed for a collision with Duke in the semi-final game.

Reaction Score
Because in that scenario Saint Peters could reach the FF? UNC is headed for a collision with Duke in the semi-final game.
No just because UNC would be out. Between UCLA and St. Peter’s I would pull for St Peter’s but wouldn’t hate seeing UCLA advance

Reaction Score
I can def pull for Nova but that Justin Moore injury is going to be tough to overcome

Yeah. That's the elephant in the room, isn't it.

ETA / re: rooting for Nova. You do it cuz their FF appearance helps your own recruiting efforts.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Horrible injury to Moore. At least Villanova has played without him. I said I saw a KU - Duke final coming and yeah, I still do. But UNC will have something to say about that.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Yeah. That's the elephant in the room, isn't it.

ETA / re: rooting for Nova. You do it cuz their FF appearance helps your own recruiting efforts.
I root for Nova because I genuinely enjoy watching Jay Wright coached teams. Even if they weren’t in conference I’d root for them over the likes of UNC, Duke, etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom