Elite 8 thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 thread

Reaction Score
Laranagga coached George Mason over UConn in the Elite 8 game 16 years ago yesterday.... Hope he can pull it off against KS again today

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Laranagga coached George Mason over UConn in the Elite 8 game 16 years ago yesterday.... Hope he can pull it off against KS again today
How dare you.

Reaction Score
The elephant in the room is that the ACC may tie the Big East record of 3 teams in the F4. Why is no one emphasizing this? I would hate for that to happen

Go Kansas, St Peter's, Villanova!!

Villanova should win it all!

Reaction Score
How dare you.
Was not saying that I was rooting for GM then.... Just want Miami to win today... The result of that game still hurts today

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope UNC wins it all. Don't really hate them even though they cheat. KU and Nova tying us in titles is worse. And the rat winning a 6th title is doomsday scenario

Curiouser
Reaction Score
K winning in his retirement festival of self aggrandizement? Barf. That’s worse than a normal Duke championship, which is still awful.
Yeah it’s really the fawning K-Fest that I don’t want to see. He’s already riding off into the sunset with another FF, we don’t need the storybook ending.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Was not saying that I was rooting for GM then.... Just want Miami to win today... The results of that game still hurts today
I thought there was an unspoken agreement that we don’t talk about that game.

Reaction Score
Its one thing when Duke dominates the regular season and wins it all, its worse if they still do it after no one expects it, imo.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really not liking the defense today. Outside shooting also remains cold.

Edit: playing too soft on offense.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Its one thing when Duke dominates the regular season and wins it all, its worse if they still do it after no one expects it, imo.
In the same way the B1G often looks great and then isn’t. The PAC in recent years and the ACC this year are a lot better than the regular season suggested.

Reaction Score
Really frustrating watching Wong dominate leading Miami to an elite 8 knowing that we barely missed on him. If we were in the big East at the time we probably lane him. Our consolation prize was fan favorite Jalen Gaffney.
Well, if you are a recruit and given the choice of Miami vs Storrs... Miami seems to be a bit more attractive, no?

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
I can’t. Duke winning in Coach K’s last go around is unbearable. Something has to happen to prevent this.

Reaction Score
The elephant in the room is that the ACC may tie the Big East record of 3 teams in the F4. Why is no one emphasizing this? I would hate for that to happen

Go Kansas, St Peter's, Villanova!!

Villanova should win it all!
The upside to Nova winning is it boosts the stature of the Big East and in turn helps us in recruiting. Plus the purpose of leaving the AAC for the NBE was to reunite with old local rivals and join an overall stronger basketball conference. (with Houston, Cincy & UCF bailing for the B12, the move looks that much better)

The downside to Nova winning is they tie us in NCs, still have a HOF coach and will win recruiting battles with us.

Which scenario is best for us long run? Hard to say for sure. Maybe Nova getting to the FF is enough to maintain conference credibility.

Either way, go St. Peter's.

Reaction Score
In the same way the B1G often looks great and then isn’t. The PAC in recent years and the ACC this year are a lot better than the regular season suggested.
Well seeing how Duke lost to Ohio St early in the season, we'll be sure to hear how well K developed his young team in his final season.

Reaction Score
Nova tying us in titles is worse.
Having another class act coach/program win as many as Calhoun/UConn did, in no way diminishes our accomplishments. Go Big East! Go Nova!

Reaction Score
Kam McGusty has been unreal lately. Love seeing guys who used their extra Covid year, like him, having success.

19.8 ppg in his last six games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom