Elite 8 thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 thread

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Really frustrating watching Wong dominate leading Miami to an elite 8 knowing that we barely missed on him. If we were in the big East at the time we probably lane him. Our consolation prize was fan favorite Jalen Gaffney.

Reaction Score
C’mon those are not remotely comparable. The media will sing about coach K for all of eternity if he wins, if u don’t believe there are future championships at UConn, “you are wasting your time here” - Fishy
Pick your poison. One is Anthrax the order is Cyanide. I ain’t watching.

Reaction Score
the skill, athleticism and basketball acumen is so night and day between these two games.

2 power teams matching up vs the two mid-majors we saw earlier tonight.
Since I didn’t follow it I thought I check the Standings 7-11 is good if it’s your first roll of the dice any other time is crap
056B019C-2F4F-4EDB-80DF-A064ADD8356B.jpeg

Reaction Score
I hate Michigan State for not knocking off Duke, had a feeling this was happening after that game. Thats usually how it goes a team gets out of the pit of fire, survives and goes on a run and that team happens to be Duke, kind of like our 1st rd game vs St Joes in 2014. Maybe Duke was better served losing to UNC and in ACC tournament, 91 Duke lost to UNC by 30 in ACC finals to UNC. Duke and UNC talent have matured at the right time.

Reaction Score
What a horrible freak injury to Moore, reminds me of when Butler of WVU got injured against Duke in the Final Four in 2010 they were done. I give Nova a punchers chance with Wright and Gillespie but I just dont see it, being realistic.

Reaction Score
is Duke so flipping good that they are totally un-upsetable? Arkansas and Mich St were totally useless. lets hope whoever Duke plays in the semis next week can give them a hard time.

Reaction Score
Duke looks really good. So many guys who can shoot and get their own off the bounce. 7 guys have played for them tonight: basically all five stars and then Theo John lol.
Their offense is clicking, it should be their tournament now.

Reaction Score
is Duke so flipping good that they are totally un-upsetable? Arkansas and Mich St were totally useless. lets hope whoever Duke plays in the semis next week can give them a hard time.
Better hope it’s UNC then. I can’t see St Peter’s beating Duke. They just don’t have the size.

Reaction Score
Duke is big and talented, but their weaknesses are no bench and only one point guard. Arkansas should've invoked 40 minutes of hell.

Reaction Score
I'm amazed how good offensively Jermaine Samuels developed over his tenure. He was really rough around the edges his first two seasons. I remember the UConn crystal balls we used to get.

Duke playing two bigs was just way too much for Arkansas. They dominated the paint and Jaylin Williams couldn't handle it alone.

Reaction Score
I almost cried a bit when Gillespie and then the rest of the team went over to Justin Moore post-game celebration.

Did you cry at all? You did? Oh, well, I guess I shed a few tears too.

No not at all lol. It was a great moment though as only Gillespie can share the frustration of the situation with Moore.

Can one of the highly touted freshmen step up and make their name in the semis? Tough after not seeing much action at all but it’s not like they can’t play!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No not at all lol. It was a great moment though as only Gillespie can share the frustration of the situation with Moore.

Can one of the highly touted freshmen step up and make their name in the semis? Tough after not seeing much action at all but it’s not like they can’t play!
I can tell you that if it’s KU playing them, that will be my worry. They have played and played well without Moore this year. There’s depth of talent on that roster. They won’t make it easy.

Reaction Score
I can tell you that if it’s KU playing them, that will be my worry. They have played and played well without Moore this year. There’s depth of talent on that roster. They won’t make it easy.
They only play 6 guys (7 if you count the 2 minutes that Arcidiacano plays each game) already though. Longino isn't available either. Gillespie and Daniels may end up playing a full 40 minutes

Reaction Score
I agree. Below is their box score the UConn game they won without Moore:

1648389191308.png

Every one else will absorb Moore's shot attempts while Arcidiacono will play major minutes as the guy who plays good enough defense, moves the ball well, limits mistakes and only shoots when necessary.

He only has 12 turnovers in 326 minutes this season...that's insanely good.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
They only play 6 guys (7 if you count the 2 minutes that Arcidiacano plays each game) already though. Longino isn't available either. Gillespie and Daniels may end up playing a full 40 minutes
That was going to be a problem even before, because KU is pretty deep this year. Haven’t always been. Still, nothing is going to be easy at this stage.

Reaction Score
Duke is big and talented, but their weaknesses are no bench and only one point guard. Arkansas should've invoked 40 minutes of hell.
Maybe no bench but Duke has 4 projected NBA 1st round draft picks (Banchero, Griffin, Moore & Williams) & 2nd rounder in Keel so in retrospect a likely Final 4 team with 5 NBA players.

I just couldn't bet on them because they're Duke but wish I had...maybe they would've lost then ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With an injury plagued Villanova and a bunch of teams I hate left in the tournament, it is time to catch up on streaming.
St. Peter's is still around. Don't give up hope yet. Miracles can happen. USA on ice in 1980. lol!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Oh, and for the haters, the win over PC allowed Kansas to pass Kentucky for most wins all time.

Reaction Score
Villanova beat us without Moore but Kansas is a different animal entirely. They have wings who can shoot and actual power 5 PGs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom