Elite 8 thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We are pretty far away, going by next years roster.

Building a program takes time. Took Calhoun 14 years at UCONN before he won. However, had good tournament runs from 1990 on.

Can’t mix and match recent players. Doesn’t work that way.

It’s incredibly hard to win. Bill Self hasn’t won in 14 years, yet they are always in the mix.

I just want UCONN in the mix.
Disagree we are far. Agree that the goal is “being in the mix”. Get to the second weekend and see what happens.

There are a lot of ways to do that. UConn is strong in two of the most critical things, defense and rebounding. Shooting is going to leave you at some point and defense and rebounding is what keeps you in the game. Next year’s team has some potential pieces that make it very interesting. Not far away at all.

Reaction Score
We will absolutely be in the mix next year, this team should be playing the second weekend based on what we have coming back
Not with the 2022 versions of themselves (Gaffney and AJ). If the NCAA showed anything it's that there are a lot of good players and teams out there. The BE will be a battle next year, never mind 2nd weekend of the NCAA's.
Freshmen mostly didn't play, Hawkins was getting better but getting banged can't help. New guys becoming starters/big contributors is tough. Any St Peter's guards going to be available?:)
Sanogo isn't Wilt (not sure he's even Kofi), he needs space and shooters.
I'm probably over hyped by Mora and the football guys and under hyped by my view of how Hurley sees the best strategy to win.

Reaction Score
Not with the 2022 versions of themselves (Gaffney and AJ). If the NCAA showed anything it's that there are a lot of good players and teams out there. The BE will be a battle next year, never mind 2nd weekend of the NCAA's.
Freshmen mostly didn't play, Hawkins was getting better but getting banged can't help. New guys becoming starters/big contributors is tough. Any St Peter's guards going to be available?:)
Sanogo isn't Wilt (not sure he's even Kofi), he needs space and shooters.
I'm probably over hyped by Mora and the football guys and under hyped by my view of how Hurley sees the best strategy to win.
There's a lot of word salad here, but I stopped reading when you listed Gaffney and AJ together. Says all I need to know

Reaction Score
Both nova and Kansas are top 25 defensively on kenpom
And they're also both top 10 offensively too. They play a fluid, modern offense. We play an archaic, slow moving, 2 big offense. It's terrible and boring

Reaction Score
It’s not at all fair to say “took Calhoun 14 years to win.” Depends in what winning is because Sweet 26s and Elite 8s were numerous after the Dream Season until the first big one. Out in the round of 64 were few and far between.

Again depends on what winning means to a fan I know I would’ve been good with a win or 2 this year. At least a competitive performance in the 32, but just making it will get old fast. Not making it won’t cut it at all.
Yeah, I made mention that Calhoun made many good tournament runs from 1990 on.

I would have been happy with a win or two this year.

Two years in a row out as a higher seed in the opening round is not good.

On topic, UNC looking good.

Reaction Score
Yeah...at the end of the day this is who St. Peters is. Just completely outmatched in every way. Sucks it's giving us the most nightmarish final four of all time

Reaction Score
This is looking a lot like a P5 blueblood beating a MAAC team.
Sadly yes. The size of UNC is affecting St Peter’s shooters. And if Manek and Love keep making shots fro the perimeter St Peter’s has no chance

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is looking a lot like a P5 blueblood beating a MAAC team.
It looks like Davis decided to take them seriously. I don’t think anybody else did. Carolina looks very prepared.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
2008 when AJ Price got hurt in the middle of the game against San Diego
2012 too. But that’s it. It took Calhoun 20 years to lose a first round ncaa game.

Reaction Score
This was such a boring Elite 8. None of these games were entertaining to watch

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You said never.

I got you.
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Reaction Score
It looks like Davis decided to take them seriously. I don’t think anybody else did. Carolina looks very prepared.
They've been playing this well the whole tourney. With their size & speed gonna be near impossible for St. Pete to mount any significant comeback.

Reaction Score
This was such a boring Elite 8. None of these games were entertaining to watch
well St Peter’s had a great year. We will be seeing Shaheen twice a year now as he will take the seton hall job

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom