Edsall stepping down immediately | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Edsall stepping down immediately

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

This is it in a nutshell.

If Lucien is being honest, then I'm glad it's happening now. Let Spanos do his thing and try to get the ship back on course. Could even be somewhat of a prolonged interview if he can get results.

If Lucien is just saying what he thinks he needs to say? Well,... let's hope it's the former, not the latter...

Reaction Score
Well, so much for the warm & fuzzy retirement tour. That departure went as smoothly as his first one. Guess it's better for us as fans to see a clean break made now then.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whatever Spanos does he should start by finding a QB who can hit wide open down field receivers and letting his DBs know to turn their heads and make a play on the ball when the WR is attempting to catch it and TO NOT BE AFRAID TO GET THEIR HANDS DIRTY AND HIT THE NEXT GUY RUNNING THRU THE DEFENSE UNTOUCHED.

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Benedict has had a pattern of messy firings. Ollie...Diaco and now Edsall. We all know what happened with Ollie. And remember Diaco wasn't fired until January...after Benedict tried to force Diaco to take on a new OC.

I like Benedict....probably just circumstances...just seems odd.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Who cares?
Our recruiting class for next season apparently. Don't remember which of the multiple threads I've read that someone posted the tweet, but two of our recruits tweeted that they were with Corey to the end..... he's going to be vital to keeping a lot of this really solid class together.

I think he is one of the most important pieces of this staff.

Reaction Score
"Randy Edsall and director of athletics David Benedict have come to the mutual decision that it is in the best interest of the UConn football program for Edsall to step aside immediately as head football coach."

Okay, change of plans then. Lou Spanos is coach rest of the season. Must have gotten ugly in DB's office the last 24 hours.

Anyone still think Edsall retired voluntarily?

Reaction Score
Benedict has had a pattern of messy firings. Ollie...Diaco and now Edsall. We all know what happened with Ollie. And remember Diaco wasn't fired until January...after Benedict tried to force Diaco to take on a new OC.

Seems like randy kinda shot gunned retired before anyone could think and they took their time and made the right decision

Reaction Score
It’ll be interesting to see why this went from a retirement to effective immediately. If Edsall tried to spin, place blame, call the shots, etc. then it’s just him trying to screw over the program…again.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I thought maybe Randy decided not to be a lame duck whipping boy for 9 more games, but that wouldn't be his style, would it?

Reaction Score
We need Hard Knocks to follow UConn around at all times. Might as well get some funny material out of this
Maybe we can use the money to hire a good staff.

Reaction Score

I like him too. It’s just a bad mix of coaches which can somewhat be blamed on him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom